Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amadeous

Amamamamamama's art thread

ddkGD.png

Goddammit BlackOnslaught you know how to get me to draw stuff too easily. Request from him.

9TZhU.png

Click for full size.

*insert joke about Slayer being Millia's OutRage Hair Stylist*

The joke is Blade's not as funny as he thinks he is.

Also here have a random sketch that I'm going to link because I never bother to resize shit I scan so it's going to break the page if I just post it:

Fenghuang Jam

SURPRISE it is not even a real drawing just a costume design. That said let me know what you think of it so I can edit it before making a real drawing with it.

Dustloop you're back and I brought fighting game related art:

gsj07.jpg

Click for full size.

Also, a small doodle made for SolxBaiken. It was not hard to guess what she wanted drawn.

uTOD4.jpg

I take them in the form of "Hey you should draw whatever" and then I'll be like "oh that's a cool idea I might do that sometime" or not. The more I like the idea the more chance it has to be colored and whatnot.

So basically yes but I'm never going to consider it an obligation that I have to draw it.

Haha, that's cool. You should always be interested in drawing what you want anyway, otherwise it's just not fun.

I had two original characters I was curious to see done in your style, if you feel up it to let me know and I can pm you, otherwise I'll keep enjoying your work :)

WIP of what I'm doing now, planning on making it a base for a desktop background or stickart when I get it done.

I should note, this is huge. This .jpg is actually still only 25% max size of the original .sai document.

http://i.imgur.com/SMpoK.jpg

Said it one too many times, I'll say it again for two too many times.

I DON'T THINK HER FACE SHOULD BE LIKE THAT.

Inb4 your icons are damn godly. Also looking forward to seeing it finished. The wings seem interesting. C:

Current plan is finish up feathers -> Move on to Wings -> Shading -> Textures.

Anyway, going to post the current version, since I got done with the base colors for the dress itself, however I'm stuck on the feathery portions as I'm still playing around with not only what to color them, but how. I want blues and greens, with predominately dark reds and golds, perhaps some purple in there, but I'm one not sure how to mix them and two not sure how to mix them using the marker tool. Ah well, shit for tomorrow.

NoHr9.jpg

Click for monitor-rape size.

As for the wings and tails, I'm going to base them off of an old drawing.

I'm just going to copy and paste what I posted on my Tumblr for the commentary on this one.

Phew, this one took me a while. Decided to take that Jam costume I sketched out a while back and do a full drawing with it. I’m pretty damn happy with how it came out, I know it has a few errors here and there but overall I think it looks good.

The inspiration for the costume came from the Fenghuang, and rolling with it I took inspiration from one of my older unfinished drawings for the wings and tail. Both of those, incidentally, I actually used the sprite used in Jam’s Chokyaku Houoshou Overdrive attack from Guilty Gear for inspiration.

Overall, there are a few more things I could do with this piece, but for now I think I’ll give it a rest. The overall composition could use some work and I think I could detail the feathery parts more, but I still love the energy and movement in this, along with the chance to use a huge color pallet and warm, bright colors.

That said, here's the finished product! Click it for a much larger version.

fenghuang_by_amadeousfenrir-d3jad3b.jpg

And now on the complete opposite of the spectrum: a doodle I did because I was bored and Luna was sad that there was so much huge-titted Noel fanart:

xXXYa.png