Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

In the late 90's i went over to my friends house. He pulled out a brand new copy of Guilty Gear for PS1 And We Got Hooked. About 10 years later I googled Guilty Gear on PS3 and the results showed me Blazblue so i bought CT and a PS2 version of AC+ Since My PS3 had backwards compad.

What got me into Blazblue? I'll tell you what got me into Blazblue <3

At Otakon 2011 in the game room there was this really pretty Asian girl who was kicking everyone's ass as Noel and I was like "omg that's so hot I wanna be like her" and so I started playing (also as Noel). I have since ditched Noel for Rachel and Platinum.

Friend of mine brought CT over and was like "hey this game is kinda like guilty gear." I've played the series from the beginning but never got really good at it. I hope to change that in Extend.

What got me into Blazblue? I'll tell you what got me into Blazblue <3

At Otakon 2011 in the game room there was this really pretty Asian girl who was kicking everyone's ass as Noel and I was like "omg that's so hot I wanna be like her" and so I started playing (also as Noel). I have since ditched Noel for Rachel and Platinum.

I approve of this reason lol.

This is kind of hard to say I'm not that into fighting games I'm more of a RPG type of guy. I saw some matches and stuff on youtube looked like something I might like went out and got it a few weeks later. And been playing for a year since then,I play on the PS3 only just putting that out there. Of course I only have Continuum Shift as that was the one I started with.

I actually knew of blazblue since CT thanks to my friend Jimmy. He told me about it, I got it, I hated it. Threw that piece of trash away! I was so content playing my street fighter. Haha, I was such a loser. Anyway, CS comes along the next year and jimmy shows me this one too. I go in not expecting much, but one of the two new characters really caught my eye. Hazama was the most interesting character to come to any fiction ever! I recognized it right away and got hooked on this shit. I picked it up, challenge mode helped me understand the game, as did netplay. Now I play, like erryday. xD All because of Hazama. =0

A friend of mine brought over BBCT to play one day. It seemed very detailed for a 2D fighter which was cool and it had anime elements to it with appealed to me. Then I found Arakune was a character I liked and could play marginally well with without having to learn combos right off the bat to do well with from a beginner's perspective. It was a nice welcome into the game instead of getting frustrated.

Jellies and time-machines.

jk.

Before you read my story...Tsubaki is my main reason to play Blazblue.

...:kitty:

A friend of mine bought a used copy of CT for the Xbox his parent's friend had lent to them and he invited us over to play it. We instantly got hooked to the game. We loved CT because of what we called the "shortcut" keys and whatnot.

We took quite sometime before transitioning to CS, however, because it lacked the "shortcut" keys and actually required true input for every move.

One day, while watching CT videos Youtube brought me random CS videos, which I thought would be nice to watch. After hours of watching them I found Tsubaki to be my most loved character.

It was then that I decided to convince my group of friends to play CS (because obviously, CT lacks Tsubaki)...and bought a used copy of it even when I lacked a console to play it...hah.

I first started playing Blazblue because "oh hey new fighter by ArcSys, Guilty Gear was awesome hopefully I'll like this too!" Well, it made me interested in learning fighting games at least. I kinda forgot about Blazblue for a while, focusing on getting better in Guilty Gear and overall getting frustrated with no characters that appealed to me and a lack of balance in Blazblue (this was around CS1, and the one character I DID want to learn was Tsubaki). Toward the end of CS2 I started to play it a bit more, though Guilty Gear is still my main game.

I do like CSE though, and Lambda is really fun to play. I switched to her at the end of CS2, I just love how she can easily force oki and has fun mixup, along with a great ability to control space and high damage hit confirms. In that way, she's a lot like a Guilty Gear character.

I brought Blazblue Calamity Trigger during the first week of release, because my friend who is a crazy otaku thought I would be interested since I like fighting games. I ended up buying it, played the crap out of it. This was on the Xbox 360, I ended up almost getting 1000 Gamerscore, that's how much I played. My Xbox 360 broke, a few Blazblue games later, I ended up buying Extended on the PS3 and now I am here. So I guess you can say I've been around since the beginning of Blazblue. :)

wow!! where do i start? i wont lie and say i was into fighting games way back when. back in the day my games were platformers , adventure and rpgs. long story short being a noob to fighters , i picked up sf4 and a stick a few years ago and the rest is history. then a little after i discovered bb and thought man!! this looks so awesome! once i tried it i thought its also so technical. sf4 was the game that got me into fighters , but bb took my love to another level.

Saw it in the store one day and decided to pick it up. Returned it after playing it. Bought it again, played the tutorial mode, and then proceeded to fall in love with the game itself. Relius Clover just made the entire thing more awesome. :)

Pure coincidence to be honest. I was listening to game soundtracks on youtube and searched for "jin's theme"(what I wanted to listen was actually the theme of Tekken's Jin Kazama). However, out of curiosity I clicked on the first video that appeared and that was Lust SIN. I happened to like this track and tried to find out more about Blazblue and ended up ordering Calamity Trigger, since it was released in Europe just a few weeks ago. :yaaay:

Guilty Gear player (sorta), then a friend was like, "YOU GOTTA PLAY THIS!", and at AX 2009, I got pumped by the panels they presented, and continued to play (for fun- funny, since four friends went in with me, two went out of it really fast, and two I have no idea what is happening).

Afterward, doing some part-time job, I found out two of my colleagues play this game, and since then have been getting into it much more. Living near Game Center (San Mateo) also helps, since I want to play there, but my stick control just sucks.

While hanging out with a friend at the mall last summer we walked into GameStop and wound up talking about games (obviously).

Something he said got me on my soapbox of "Sprites are awesome" and he immediately proceeded to show me a copy of CS, explained that it had similar mechanics to Capcom games (as far as stick rotations for executing specials). This immediately caught my interest and after a short discussion he took a copy walked up to the counter and bought it for me. (I got him something as well but it isn't related to BB).

Now I played CS for next to no time at all and it basically sat on my shelf indefinitely. I liked the aesthetics but I was intimidated by all the things you had to keep up with that I wasn't used to. (barrier gage, guard primers, etc)

Fast forward to the beginning of March. I am at a place where I have ZERO desire to buy another Capcom fighter despite the fact that I enjoy them more than other fighters. (I am not a fan of Tekken or Mortal Kombat) Capcom continues to do things that are frustrating to me as a consumer and I can't support it.

I also have a burning desire to own a Vita. 4 games on the launch lineup interest me:

BlazBlue

Rayman

The Ubisoft RPG

Uncharted

BlazBlue won, if nothing else, by process of elimination.

- I already have Rayman on a console

- The Ubi game is a port of some PSN game that is fifteen dollars on PSN yet they are charging forty for the Vita version (seriously?)

- Uncharted is ten dollars higher than other Vita games and there is no penalty for waiting for a price drop. (Such as the online community dying off with a multiplayer game or buying a game to support a series like I have to with Tales)

So I bought a Vita, a copy of CSX, and of it's the last thing I do I am going to finally get decent at a fighting game.

It's been a few weeks and other than the fact that I am terrible I am really enjoying the game so far. Biggest problem is finding a match online.

I wanted to try a new style of games and a few of my friends are really good players. Its an interesting learn because Im embracing the mechanics like I would school work

Sent from my GAMEBOY using POKEMON

Heard Rachel's theme one day, got curious looked her up, saw how awesome she was and yup thats it. Rachel, just Rachel.