Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

This is gonna sound petty but, Noel's theme (with lyrics). It's at this moment that I was like ''Wow, this game has a pretty damn good OST, I think I should try and check it out''.

Also, I was interested to play a fighting game that didn't have a minimalist plot (fighting tournament that's organized by the Big Bad, you win tournament. The end.) and I quickly fell in love with the colorful cast of characters.

The original CT gameplay trailer with all the character highlights sold it for my friends and I. BlazBlue really changed my relationship with fighting games forever, and I still think it's one of the most technically sound 2D fighters ever.

I like fighters. I like anime. I like 2D sprites. Basically all that I wanted a game to be. Also...

Rachel.

Yeah.

For me personally, I have been casually been playing the series since day one, I just love the story and the characters, Noel and Ragne in particular. I do plan on putting more time into the game when Amane is playable. I tend to play characters I can relate to, being a crossdresser, I can totally realte to Amane :3

Guilty Gear, but i was one of those fanboys that told myself that BB sucked. I came around though when CS extend was released and I've never let go of BB since.

Guilty Gear. Finally got around to playing it, liked it, then heard about Blazblue and that it was a new fighter from the same developer so I looked it up and was like wow. Has been my favorite 2D fighter ever since.

Wanted to get into fighting games. Got blown up in MVC3, wanted something a bit more simple.

Now an Arcystems fan for life. Blazblue, GG, Persona, and even Arcana Heart.

I played Guilty Gear when I was young,I enjoyed the game even though I wasn't as good back then,Later on in my life,my older brother told me about blazblue ( He didn't show me a trailer or gameplay since he's a busy with school),Got interested since he said it was made by the poeple who made Guilty Gear,he came back from school a day later,with a limited edition of Blazblue:Calamity Trigger,me and him played the S*** out of it,loved the story,the music,the characters,and I started getting better at it..so yeah thats my story ( Sorry if its long,and CHRONO PHANTASMA YEAH!!)

I was really into anime when CT was released, so I picked it up even though I'd never played a fighting game. It was pretty fun, but when I started to look up techniques, I got intimidated and basically said ain't nobody got time fo dis.

Four years later I've decided to devote time to getting tournament-good... even though no one plays BB around here... Now that I'm older, I find the intricacies of fighting games much more fun... haha.

Noel's theme (biggest part), the various mecahnics (kept me interested), the gatling inputs (big part), the flashyness, story, features, so much stuff. Now I'm just hoping to become passably good in high level play but I gotta long way to go for that.

A couple of friends and I had a night where we would play fighting games all night, we played a couple of games if SCIV, and when we put in CT, we couldnt stop playing. :P

I was getting bored of the fighters that I was currently playing which was Dissidia (please don't judge me). It was time for something new. I found a PSP copy of CS2 where I first found my beloved Makoto. Then I had a bet with my dad that if I could beat his Tager, which is terrible btw, in the console version after buying Makoto, I got the console version with Makoto and everything. If it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't have even bothered with the game.

I was itching for a new fighting game and had been playing MvsC3 and SF4 mostly in the past. I saw the first BBCP trailer via a news site, thought it looked great. Ordered CSEX online and loved it.

CT actually caught my eye way back, but I didn't buy it cause everyone was playing SF4 at that time.

Other fighters are too damn scrubby.

Also;

Gameplay is fun, I love the learning curve, it is just right. Characters are all pretty cool, and every one of them plays different. Hi-Res sprites are just awesome.

Went into Continuum shift 1-Extend for Makoto, staying for Makoto.

Edited by Teutonicknight

i bought BBCT when its first came out, i bought it cause i thought its was another JRPG XD (fail on my part ). BB is my first Fighting game that i took it seriously and competitively

It was a dark time in my life. It was some time after Brawl and Twilight Princess came out for the Wii, when it was beginning to become clear that Nintendo had no intention of making another good game. Ever. I remember clearly the moment all of my illusions about the matter dissipated, I was in my local gamestop searching desperately for entertainment of any kind. That's when I saw the worst had come to pass. On the shelf there were twelve different or so Dora the Explorer titles surrounding what I knew to be the only Legend of Zelda game available to the Wii.

In the following days my friend showed me this one particular youtube series called "Death Battles" and then we got to this particular episode... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7muX233Jwzk

I remembered thinking, "Heh this character sounds hilarious" then "holy sh-- did she just fatality that one Marvel vs. Capcom catgirl?" Later I looked up the game then decided to try it out.

I was in gamestop years ago and I had just bought a ps3. the only games I had for it were Soul Calibur 4 and.......cod:waw (don't hit me!). I was in need of another game, and the cover art of BBCT kept drawing my attention. After a bit of looking around I decided to look at it. At first I was put off by the amount of characters in the game, mainly due the fact that I was used to games like SC having huge rosters (come to think of it that and tekken were the only fighters I played at the time.) I asked my friend that worked there what he knew about it and all I got was "it has a short roster but supposedly they are all completely different. Like you don't have 8 characters screaming HIDUKEN!" So I gambled the $30 cost, brought it home and tried it out. My brother picked Tao first and I picked Jin. Fought once and thought he was ok but just not my character. Then I picked Rachel and fell in love with her and her george....and also because she was so fricken cute.

Guilty Gear......missed out on the time it was really big. Gave it a try when it was released on psn, and just couldn't find a character I wanted to learn. The game is good, don't get me wrong, it's just that none of the cast had that sudden spark of interest I got with Rachel. I'll probably still pick up Xrd when it comes out. Maybe things will change

I actually got into BB due to my high school having a video game club, where they were having some tourneys one day after school, one of which was CS1. I gave it a shot with the first match being a Noel mirror (the other person was also playing for the first time) and I actually got an astral from mashing buttons. Next match, I went with Mu instead of Noel, and got wrecked, although a few months later, I bought CS1 for myself and rushed through story mode to get Mu for myself, who I loyally main to this day. Also had bought CT PSP and used Hakumen there, although I mostly stuck to CS1 and on. Got CP on preorder from Japan and planning to still main Mu while also using Terumi.