Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

I saw a guy I know play BBCT a long time ago on PS3, way before it was released in Europe. I found it interesting, decided to stick around and see, saw it get released for Europe after long hours of waiting (360 user), and I bought it first thing. Limited edition too. It's also a nice change of pace, considering what I was used to play was games like Tekken and Soul Calibur.

Guilty Gear was the only game I had on PSX when I was a kid (Baldhead ftw)... kind of gave up video games for a while until the end of high school, and picked up AC.

After hearing the Awakening the Chaos/Motor head while looking for GG OST, I figured a game with such kickass music was worth picking up. Daisuke FTW.

:cool:I've been playing 2D Fighting games since the early Snes, Genesis PS1/PS2 titles with likes of SF, Darkstalkers, Tekken, Soul Edge/Calibur TMNT: Tournament Fighters, KOF Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown MK, DBZ, DOA, Virtua Fighter Naruto: Ultimate Ninja series, (dang, that's a lot of commas) I was never a good fighting game player but, if you could duke it out with different people- I played it. I loved being able to pull off devastating moves with different characters regardless of traits/species. I had some MAME.emulators back in the day and got to play The Last Blade1/2-. Not to mention developing a fondness for melee/ weapon based fighting mechanics given balance and structure. After years of swallowing the same SF BS, unimpresive storyline, broken characters, getting swamped by Ryu/Law/Akira clones, I decided that I'd give 2D fighters a break. Since plenty of the competition's offerings got more and more sub-par and lame with their "improvemens" I needed a worthy companion to Guilty Gear. SFIII: 3rd Strike was a dope game, but it still can't hold a candle to GG. :8/: I bought BB: CT for the 360 b/c I heard the news that Arc System Works was making a spiritual successor to the awesome Guilty Gear series. My 1st time playing GG X2 Reload for the original Xbox was phenomenal. I too saw the review in Game Informer magazine a while ago, I wasn't totally sold on it. However, it all changed for me when I saw that the sprites, 2-D backgrounds, storyline, and soundtrack hit like a ton of bricks. Plus the local gamestop was taking pre-orders for the Limited Edition which is a steal. The companion DVD that game with the OST discs was off the hook. 2 yrs later after finally finishing the story mode and getting my butt handed too me on and offline in CT. I graduated to CS1 about 2 months ago. And my appreciation is still going strong. The whole love/hate/yaoi thing between Jin and Ragna isn't my cup of tea. But, Hakumen, Rachel, Hazama, Noel, Bang, Taokaka:kitty: and company are stellar characters to date. I haven't seen such insanity packaged like that since May, Bridget, Dizzy, Faust, I-No, Sol Badguy and Ky. The soundtrack is amazing. And the combos are ridiculous and it's only the start of things to come. :yaaay:

When I was younger I never really liked fighting games but then for some reason I ended up buying Guilty Gear X2: Reload for the Xbox, and ever since that my interest in fighters started to grow. I tried other fighters at the time but they just weren't as fast as GG was to me. As I got older, and SF4 came out, I started taking fighters a whole lot more serious but the moment I heard about BlazBlue and how it was being created by Arksys I had to buy it. All of the footage I saw of the game just reminded me a lot of the style they used in Guilty Gear. Granted when I got my hands on the game it wasn't -exactly- like GG but I still liked it a whole lot. Even today, I still prefer a great session of BB compared to MvC3, MK, or SSFIV.

Watching vids of Blazblue I wandered across somehow, I loved how fast and complex it looked compared to other fighters, which mostly seem to me like two guys taking turns punching each other about 5 times and sometimes shooting fireballs.

Got it, loved it, still playing it although my Xbox no longer has internet. (for now)

I've always been a fan of fighting games, but I've fallen into the habit of just being a spectator. Back then I used to think watching SFIV was exciting (hurrhurrhurr), I knew about Guilty Gear long before but this was before I knew about the online communities so I never got into it. I stumbled upon a Sean Fausz made for a BB challenge for CT way back. The game looked interesting different. I looked it up, and fell in love...the music, the characters and the spectacle fighting. I was everything I looked for and the first game to pull me out of just spectating. Now I ramble on about it like a Star Trek fan would talking about Star Trek as soon as you say the word Klingon

Edited by Osmond

Ever since I was involve in a smash community since 2007, I didn't play any other fighting games back then. Until then when CT came out I had small time playing it and I was learning a lot stuff from the pros. I left the smash community in 2009, one and half year after Brawl came out, because a lot of people have already quit the Brawl scene in which it got me realized that the game is pretty much now boring to me as of then. And so, luckily I was able to find other fighting games to go compete in. First, it was a friend of mine who wanted me to play Tatsunoko vs Capcom scene, but then I turned down his offer and then join the Blazblue scene then. As of now I'm still here and currently now playing CS2 (and also MvC3 too).

Two things actualy.

Guilty Gear for obvious awesomeness (and also because I lost it TT___TT)

And also, I went to a tournament maybe two years ago and when I saw those guys play, I wanted to fight like that.

So basicaly, I got myself the game 2 days later.

Liked the Anime style, got it for £20.

realized it was a masterpiece. Got the LE.

I was into SFIV and KOF before BB. Kinda forgotten about them now.

I didn't play guilty gear that much but I had always looked at it as an awesome game. So when I heard the makers of guilty gear were making a new fighting game I was really interested. Was kinda disappointed in CT played it casually for a while and mained Nu. Didn't wanna get CS until a friend of mine actually bought it for me because he was convinced that it was a much better game and I would like it. Was kinda meh on CS until I played a couple games with Tsubaki, then I fell in love with the character and have been playing quite often since then.

Hello everyone. First post on dustloop whereas I'm a seasoned lurker. I finally decided to come in and find out about the community. ;)

As of my passion for BlazBlue, it's been two years, since the release of BBCT, that I regularly play the game. I'm from the "SF4 generation" so I didn't know much about fighting games before. I saw BBCT coming out in Japan and picked it up out of curiosity. I loved the feeling of the game which appeared as totally new to me (I didn't know about GG).

And since then, I've been doing the french commentaries about the game for two years now. I also plan online tournaments and I work on the french BB community very actively.

Anyway, it's a great pleasure to spread the love with you all. ;)

Edited by Vincere

This site.

I had just gotten back into GG and discovered this place for the first time. I remember coming to look up some stuff for Chipp when a couple of the chibi sprites on the side caught my eye. I thought it was neat but nothing more. Later, as I was lurking in the Motivational Posters thread, someone put up some Tao posters that I didn't understand, but I wasn't really that interested. Then one of the guys I subscribe to on YouTube started posting Teach Me, Miss Litchi episodes which I watched out of boredom one morning... then I came here and spent a couple hours looking up stuff about the series. I've been a fan ever since.

i play a lot of competitive games so i though i should give fighting games a shot

everyone was telling me to get SF but i didn't like it, the characters design was stupid and the gameplay was not intense but luckily i found Blazblue and got into the fighting games world with it

its been three months now and everything is going perfectly, i totally regret dumping fighting games all this time CT and CS1 looked so fun

Well. back in 09 a game called Street Fighter 4 came out. And i bought it. It was fun and it got me into fighting games. Then one day i was browsing the web and i came across a video of a game called Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. all it showed was the main menu. so I did a little research and learned more about this game. Then when the game came out, I went and bought it on release day. And I been playing it and other fighters ever since.

Well i was buying a arcade stick and the cheapest one was a bbcs one and ive had it for about 2 months and i decided to pick up the game and i thoroughly enjoy it.

I've played a bit of Street Fighter 4 over the past few months and I just don't have that much fun playing the game. I bought CS yesterday and found that the character design and basic flow of the game was a lot more interesting. It does feel a ton harder to play though so I have my work cut out for me :)

Well, I played some Guilty Gear by myself in my early teens, really enjoyed it but could never beat I-no, any of the missions, or really have anyone else to play with so my experience with it was limited. I heard about BlazBlue as the successor to GG so I kept an eye out for it and once I got it I was hooked.

Good game all around, unique characters, amazing graphics, lots of story. I enjoy the visual novel type style that they use. Even though it seems like they have a really hard time bringing balance to the actual gameplay aspect it still usually ends up somewhat fairly balanced.

The music is good, the voice acting is pretty solid. I do have some complaints of course but that's for a different topic. The more I play though the more I grow to appreciate all the different characters and the depth they add to both the story and fighting elements. It's a shame this game is so niche and relatively unknown in America. I bet we'll get a few new fans from Evo but who knows how many...

Edited by Shazam

In a land far, far away, at the other end of the county, exists a place I'd like to call "Carlos' Crib". Many strange and mysterious things happen there, like 6-man MTG Drafts or Drunken LAN gaming. Well, on that particular night, a fellow by the name of "Vaughn" had brought over a copy of this game called "BRAZE BLOO: CALAMITY TRIGGA" and I proceeded to get my shit cleaned for free by Noel. For some odd reason, I liked the game regardless of how badly I had been beating. I looked up some videos and bought the sequel, "BRAZE BLOO: CONTINUE DIS SHIT" and searched for combos and frame data. Google said, "Hey buddy, how about this site called Dustloop?" I clicked the link, saw Guilty Gear (I played Midnight Carnival a while back) and saw all sorts of information and discussion. My eyes went wide, I signed up for the Danisen League on XBL and faced Axis as my first player match online. Ohhh, good times there.

My best friend who was like in love with it. Then I decided to get a PS3 and tried it. I love it, its a great game! =D So pretty much my best friend got me into it. :)

Years of playing Guilty Gear XX made me craving for more ASW.

The fact that a new fighting game was made by Arc System Works was enough for me to buy it.

That was CT, and bought CS after CSII update.

Pictures of Nu/Rachel got me sold....

With that added in, music and graphics. I knew of GG so I was interested in BB back in CT.

Saw Makoto's character design.

I'm a big fan of Marvel's Squirrel Girl, so I was sold. Bought the game solely to play as her. Plus all her jokes and one liners are hilarious.

Oddly enough, I'm NOT a fan of her character select portrait.