Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

I was hanging out with my friends one weekend and we realized we were getting bored playing SF, Rock Band, and Halo. Now, Blazblue is pretty much the only thing we play now.

I hated fighting games since when I was a kid, my older friend keeps kicking my beehind, and I almost never ever win.

I've tried Guilty Gear, and I liked Dizzy. Practiced combos and thought I was pretty badass since I could do her BnB and beat Arcade mode on normal no sweat... then I met real players at a gathering and got my beehind kicked real hard.

So yeah, I thought I'd stay with Final Fantasy and other RPGs forever...

(*there was the occasional Tekken 6 and SF4, but it was just casual fun)

Some time ago, I was walking along checking out the videogame store when I saw this anime-looking game (Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, which was basically brand new at that time). I've always liked JRPGs so I thought "Hey, reminds me of Atelier/Tales series, might be good." So off to teh internetz and checked out the reviews.

Found out Blazblue was a fighting game... ugh... It had good reviews, so maybe borrowing would be nice.

Checked it out and used Nu-13, since she's the best-looking according to my taste (Floating Swords on her back!! GUNDAM SEED!!!). Loved the Character Designs, and the way each and every fighter is VERY unique (*cough*StreetFighter*cough*) and it had a LOT of strategic potential.

After a while, I found out about Nu-13's extra flashy 5DD>6DD>2DD>j.c>j.5DD>dj.c>5DD>214D from Dustloop, and I liked the game more. Eventually, Blazblue was a fighter that I really like (but not that much, since I still didn't like fighters) so I bought my own copy for my 360 (never played online, sadly. Still shell-shocked by my past.).

Played it casually every once in a while, then BB:CS came out and I mained Mu-12 (I liked her design better, and the strategic complexity of her steins appealed to me. I love strategic/complicated to use characters - but not *too* complicated *glares at Rachel*). I was able to beat Arcade on Very Hard/Hell. Besides, compared to SF, Tekken, and SC, BB is definitely the most fun.

Still never played online though, since I don't want to pay for XBL.

...Then Platinum came out...

Got a PS3 with just BB:CS on it.

Got a Madcatz: TE, though still gonna dualmod it. Have a cheap backup $37 brandless stick until I can use the TE.

Now a regular player online...

...WITH OVER 20% WIN RATE!!! (Hey, at least it ain't "getting my beehind kicked")

I wanted to get Blazblue for the longest time since I saw the review for calamity trigger but I'm cheap and never got around to buying it and eventually forgot about it. Continuum Shift then came out, and again I wanted to get it, but again I was too cheap to get it.

One day, a few months ago, my bro brought blazblue home and was like hey look what I got. I initially didn't realise and dismissed it as just another game. It was only a few hours later that I then realised.. Now I've been playing it everyday pretty much :) Offline of course, cuz I'm too cheap to buy Live xD

Guilty Gear honestly. After searchin nearly every store near me I found one with 1 copy of AC+ left so I jumped at it being a fan of the game already since Reload on xbox. Brought it home, played it for about an hour or so and then realized that I LOVED IT. Put some time into learning it and chose Jam as my main. Then I heard about Blazblue, seen that it was from the same people that created GG, took a look at it, and really liked what I saw.

That's pretty much it lol.

I saw a vid of Jin controlling Ice and I wanted to get the game.

Back then I never played any fighter game other then Tekken/other 3D fighters and I disliked SF.

I'm not the type to buy a game for a single character so I did some research on the game and found out that it was kinda my type of game and so I jumped on the scene when I was able to find a copy of CT.

I was looking at random games on YouTube and found BBCT, needless to say, I had a ball.

And the music eargasm'd me.

That and Rachel looked awesome.

The flashiness and beauty of the game (not only the visuals). The high level play I saw made me really get into this game.

And Hazama, I think he is the sole reason i wanted to play the game so damn badly.

played GG before and this was hyped up as a spiritual successor so I jumped right in--but mostly the need to actually learn your character

I always knew about fighting games but I wasn't part of the community at all, then my friend got CT when it came out and I crapped my pants and fell in love with it. It's the animu-ness, the fast-paced fighting, and I had my best friend to play it with.

Heard of CT from my brother, then played it and instantly liked it. My best friend came over and played it a lot with me and we had epic Imperial Code matches for hours on end on the weekends. :3 Naturally after liking CT got CS, then just kept playing from there.

At first I thought BB was a little extreme and silly, especially with all the high damage shit everyone was doing. Then one day I got bored on YT and saw some Hazama combo vids and got interested in the character, and it took off from there

Been a fan of Guilty Gear since GGX on the PS2's early days, and Blazblue looked beautiful, so I just had to try it out. Fell in love with the art style and gameplay mechanics.

Before BB:CT, the only "fighter" I played was SSBB. Then my brother wanted to try out BB:CT when it was about to come out, and after looking at it for myself, I liked the characters, music, and the anime-stylization.

I picked up BB:CT on 360 on day one. Coming from SSB where I liked Ganondorf and Zelda because of their slow-but-powerful style, I picked Hakumen, and have been playing him ever since.

Well one day i went to a friends house and they were all playing this game and got me to play it, me being lazy i chose to pick the character with highest DMG output with least effort.. Then i learned the game and stuck with Tager, I've gained a respect for him and the play style he comes with. This is the first fighting game I actually got good at and enjoy tremendously. Blazblue is da best.

A friend messaged me one day about BB:CT coming out real soon to consoles since he, at the time, was only playing it in the arcades. I looked it up and became interested in playing it.

Once it came out, I bought the BB:CT LE and picked up Noel since I loved fast characters. I love playing BB ever since.

bbcs2 avaible on all the console at the same time plus the scene around me started playing the game

The reason why I didnt start before is because CT was avaible con 360 the same time CS was played by everyonelseeee

The reason I would drop the game is zen waiting 6 months like for CS and I will prolly be depressed enough to drop the game(in favor of kof13)

Edited by Gramas

I had a friend online, who when I asked "what are you doing" always answered "playing BlazBlue".

Eventually I got curious and looked it up. Only fighters I played before was Soul Calibur, Tekken 3/Tag and Super Smash.

But I imidiately got it, and now it's one of my most played games.