Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

Accidental buy. i was supposed to get something else (forgot what it was), and when i got home i was like "the hell is this?" i was too lazy to return it. so i gave it a shot since i already liked FGs to begin with. turned out i liked it. and was actually the first FG i took serious in a LONG time

A friend told me about it after talking about guilty gear in depth one day. Picked up CT loved it didn't really have to many people to play with so stopped playing. Had CS same thing happened. EX i've been eyeing at my job for awhile now decided to say fuck it going to play it serious even if I dont have people in my general area to play it with. That's the plan anyway lol.

Fuex_Follets actually got me into the game... i was playing some other fighters and he mentioned it, i tried it, and seemed to enjoy the competition.

Well what got me into the game was an Abridged series of it so I went to play it and became a fanboy and have played all of the games XD

I saw Ragna's Inferno Divider and thought it was the best move ever. So I decided if I was gonna play this game I would play Ragna. That was before I even knew about all dem invinc frames lol.

My friend bought it back when Calamity Trigger first dropped. He challenged me to some matches and I got royally decimated, so I decided I would get good enough to beat him.

I became engrossed due to all the musical hype I'd been getting into with the Guilty Gear series (my first exposure to ArcSys in general was in part to a playlist of Guilty Gear X2#R Korean Version's OST that I wandered into).

I first learned about Guilty Gear through a Final Fantasy XI video that had Vortex Infinitum in it (I actually had to struggle to find out what the song was called). The song urged me to find the game's soundtrack and download it (again, know my backstory before you go calling me out).

I was fascinated with Guilty Gear, but consoles for me were hard to come by, and I could not find a ROM of the game (any game in the series, for that matter). As I came from a world where emulation was my only REAL exposure to the world of gaming, I'd had a hard time playing any games in that time, for that matter.

Ages later, I end up finding the song "Bullet Drive" by total accident. Of course, curiosity led me to delve deeper into the game's OST. I remember the first songs I listened to in full were (in proper order according to memory): Bullet Drive, Alexandrite, Howling Moon, and then finally I got into the original songs (this was back when I had a fetish with intros - to this day I still do somewhat).

However, it was the music for me what got me into the game. BlazBlue had an awesome soundtrack, one I had never experienced (back then I had more or less engrossed myself in Kingdom Hearts and other low-profile games), and Guilty Gear's OST couldn't compete with much back then.

I told myself one day last year: if I got a PS3, BlazBlue was the first game I was getting. Of course, everyone was pushing me onto SSF4, so I was going to buy that out of peer pressure. Of course, I never got my wish. Most of the birthday money I'd gotten was stolen by a rather brazen thief.

But this year, I said, no longer. My family, torn over what to get me, just ended up getting me cash. The total value of all the gifts I'd gotten was $390. You can imagine what I did with that.

Surprisingly, I'd also bought the Limited Edition, even though I only wanted the Standard Edition (everyone told me to go CSEX or not at all). For $50, I think I got my money's worth. My first game of this era, BlazBlue.... it still holds a precious spot, even after the birthday nostalgia. I imagine that'll wear off with time though.

A friend of mine had it, Calamity Trigger.

He was playing it one day and being the Soul Calibur and just fighting game in general fan I am I got into it almost immediately.

He eventually fell out of it but I kept playing. Strangely my mains and subs then have disappeared and now I use completely different people then I would've guessed initially. Still, I'm glad I got some Blazblue in my life.

Some friends of mine on smashboards started talking about it, and I also heard about it in GameInformer magazine when CT first came out. When I first tried CT I was instantly hooked, so I've kept up with the series since then!

Guilty gear lead me to blazblue. Used to play it tons growing up, but the thing is I never felt like GG characters were right for me... too out there. It's a cool game, but I like the more mainstream feel of BB as I'm not that great with fighters as it is.

I wanted to get into Street Fighter for many years, but never ended up shelling out for a game. I finally got a PS3 a year and a half ago, and had no interest in SF4 because they'd converted to CG animation.

I found Blazblue: Calamity Trigger on the shelf at Game Stop and bought it just from looking at the box. It seemed to be everything I'd ever wanted in a fighting game.

It was instant love as soon as I turned the game on. This being the first fighting game I've spent any time with, I still royally suck despite all the time I've put into it. It's three steps forward, and then two steps back with every new patch. And my recent purchase of an arcade stick meant another skill setback.

Perhaps by time BB3 comes out I'll be a force to be reckoned with, but until then I'm enjoying my time in the training room and in getting my face continually pummeled online. :yaaay:

The main reason I got into it was because I am really into e-sports. So to learn more about e-sports, I researched it on Wikipedia and came across SBO back in 2008. The game I liked in particular was Melty Blood. Then one year later, BlazBlue was shown and even though I knew nothing about fighting games being a hardcore StarCraft player, I really enjoyed it. Then I saw it at EVO and enjoyed it more than Street Fighter.

Now it is 2012 and I finally got a PS3, BBCSE, and a bunch of fighting games after BW died with the arrival of StarCraft II and I have been spending hours learning combos, theory, and the professional scene.

But in reality, I think I just play this game because Jin is really cute ^__^

I heard some nice things about it on the internet, and then impulse-bought it at Gamestop one day.

...Yeah, my story isn't really that interesting.

needed a new fighting game because Tekken 6 online's lag was getting just sad and when I heard about CT I was like "Huh that looks like fun" even though before then I wasn't a fan of 2D fighters but I got a copy of CT for christmas and that was it, been keeping up with it ever since

been maining Ragna all the way through too lol

well back around 08 i was playing a guy in guilty gear on xbox live he told me about ct i youtube it and got chills from its awesomeness i got it day 1 and loved it since then sadly i can barely find anyone on xbox live if i do they just troll i might get a ps3

Rachel, and the oppurtunity to the lastest in 2d high resoultion sprties. Also knowing how guilty gear was I was excited to play 12 unique characters apart from that othe rgame i dislike called sf4

I was seeing the game (first one: CT) in some store, and i was interested to play it so... i ask it the name of the game, and later some friend buy it, at first i was a lot of casual, i didn't know any fundamentals, didn't even know was what a Dragon Punch, any motions, just mashing and mashing a lot, but i think that this game brings me a lot of fun and a lot of memories because it was my first FG to play serious, and thanks to that i like a lot of FGs too.

I like too much to see any competitive match of this game, even i worked out to buy a PS3 and the game itself, so that's the story i think...

What got me into BB was that i happen to be playing KOF 12 with friends at Arcade Infinity and i saw some people playing at another machine and checked it out which was Blazblue CT. I played it and it was very fun, i even like how the sprites were so clear and one character that interested me was Jin since he can use Ice and has a sword, from there i was playing for an hour even though every time i played i got my ass kicked but it was addicting which afterwards i left and decided to buy the game. It was available for pre-order so i did that and was waiting for the game to be released to play Jin and try out the story. I have been playing BB ever since the release of CT and have enjoyed playing the newer versions since i can't get enough of Playing Jin he is just so cool especially in BBCS EX just a lot of fun. Can't wait if they do release another update of BB because i want to know the rest of the story and hoping to have more fun with Jin.

Edited by CMSORA

Some friends brought it over on two separate occasions. Even though we were mashing & such, it was really fun, and the art style got me even more interested.