Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

I was kind of a fan of Guilty Gear because I like fast paced games. One of my friends who was a huge Guilty Gear fan said, "Check out Blazblue. It's like Guilty Gear, but BETTER!" So I downloaded the arcade machine leak for Continuum Shift and got hooked.

I think SF4 came out and reinvigorated the fighting game genre and it kinda opened my eyes again to the fact that these games existed. I believe I bought BB:CT because I was watching Wolfys stream on Justin.tv and I saw really unique character designs from what I was used to and really beautiful art. So after watching it for a bit I went out and bought it and started learning Tager, because the speed of everyone else was overwhelming at the time(being my first fighting game that I was actually going to try and learn somewhat). I bought CS when it came out but literally never touched it after a day or two, don't know why but I just had no passion to learn it. Something else probably had my attention at the time as well, I didn't post on any fighting game site, didn't have anyone on my list who played fighters and I just never came back to it. I kind wanted to pick it up again when Valk was released but was too cheap and unmotivated to.

Edited by PANDEMlC

I played SoulCalibur IV, and got pretty serious about it. Then I wanted to see how 2D fighters differed from 3D, so I gave Street Fighter a whirl.

Street Fighter was so unbelievably bad that I decided to give up on 2D fighters. Then I saw trailers for CT and thought it looked like something I would like more.

I also tried the CS leak and thought Hazama was a pretty bad character :p

I first got into it starting at BBCT. There's a Gameworks that once had two BBCT cabinets side by side and it was quite popular despite having Soul Calibur, SFIV, and MvC 2 in the same area. I did try out all games but found MvC 2 (3 was better IMO), and SFIV boring and didn't appeal to me. I have been playing Soul Calibur for quite some time (started with 2), but I wanted to try out a different game instead of going with the "familiar and safe" style.

I tried first playing as Noel with a friend whom did try playing as Nu. Both of us being idiots and simply button mashing I found that Noel can actually be somewhat decent with "good" button mashing at that time. Got hooked ever since and is still my preferred fighting game to this date.

It happened the time when I was playing a lot offline Melty Blood and Guilty Gear on PC with others (the one that hooked me into 2D FG was MB), then I thought that I needed a PS3 FG so we can play online well. After doing some quick research I found that a game named BBCT was going to be released a month later, I liked the art and it was from ASW, so it got some instant points. By that time it was between BB or SFIV, but street was a bit too slow for my taste, so I went BB. It was awesome! And I'm still playing and buying every iteration of the game, the hype just doesn't lay down.

My friend who was (is?) a high level Guilty Gear player got me in to it. I was getting her in to real time strategy games, but when she realized there was only one really good RTS (StarCraft Brood War) she quit and went back to fighting games, and then I followed her, lol.

My friend who was (is?) a high level Guilty Gear player got me in to it. I was getting her in to real time strategy games, but when she realized there was only one really good RTS (StarCraft Brood War) she quit and went back to fighting games, and then I followed her, lol.

Have you guys tried SC2? I been playin since release. It's a shame it's still has some balance issues after all these patches. But basically I've been looking around for new games, this happened to be one I stumbled upon that looked like it a) took time and practice to master, b) had a competitive scene, and c) kicks major ass

It also looks pretty too, and the fact that it's completely original gives it a unique feel

I was at a convention that was pretty lame, then i entered the game room and found Blazblue. The absolutly wonderfull art, interessting aesthetics and fast paced action gameplay with awesome characters drawed me in right away. Ordered it first thing when i got home from the convention (A ps3 version from the US as Blazblue CT was nowhere near europe at the time.)

I play nothing but fighters.Mostly 2D fighters.

I was bound to eventually find this game and play it. I also have a thing for anime fighters. :)

It's a nice break from Street Fighter. Much more intense as well. One of my friends had always been going on about it, and it had caught my eye in Game Stop a few times as I went in and out of there. Eventually she convinced me to buy it and I've loved it ever since. It's only second to Street Fighter and Skullgirls for me.

I was already into fighters (only casually though) and one day a friend of mine invited me to his house to play GG, and I liked both gameplay and art and got interested into it. The next week BBCT came out in Americas and my friend invited me again to his house to play it, and I loved how it looked like GG but had even better art (for me it was like an anime that I could play instead of watch) and more interesting characters (like a girl who used a pair of guns to fight close range and a robot who could create swords from thin air). The other weekend I went to an anime convention that had an FG major happening (EVO South America) and some people there convinced me to start playing f-games seriously, and since I already was interested in BB I decided to start with that game.

Heard Rachel's theme one day, got curious looked her up, saw how awesome she was and yup thats it. Rachel, just Rachel.

<3

My brother bought the limited edition of CT when it first came out back in 2009 because he had money and nothing to do with it so he just thought "Sure why not, this gray haired guy looks cool plus LE price isn't too bad."

We played a couple of Under Heaven Destruction matches and he mained Ragna while I mained Jin. We thought this was funny because older brother mains older brother and younger brother mains younger brother. Ever since then, we both fell in love the franchise and its retardedly overcomplicated plot and its cool characters and its awesome music. He got CS when it first came out and I got CS2 and CSEX. He doesn't play as much anymore cause college but when he does visit, we play Under Heaven Destruction matches for a long time. Now we wait for CP.

A friend of mine kept harassing me to get BB since CT, at first I wasn't really interested, so he gave up. Once CS2 came out, he told me I could get a copy for reaaaally cheap so that even if I disliked the game, I wouldn't have wasted much money on it anyway. Got completely hooked but was sad to not be able to find a main (til csex came out with Relius, but I only picked it up a few months ago dunno why). Loving both gameplay and story.

what got me to play blazblue was the combo videos of jin and moel in BBCT and after watching these videos i rushed to my local game store and bought the Limited edition of the game.

I played CT at an anime convention the year it was released but I was dumb and assumed it was PS3 exclusive. Over two more years I started passively researching the game and finally managed to get a copy of Extend for my Xbox 360.

I still remember it like yesterday. Birds were singing, sun was shining, grass was growing and Nizzy was trashing people and cars in Burnout: Revenge. Suddenly, he got an call from his friend. "Yo, Nizzy. Do you have any free time so you can come over?". Nizzy thought a few seconds, shrugged, and then answered: "Sure, i can come. See ya later.". Nizzy stepped out, grabbed his bike and took off while humming the theme song of Mortal Kombat. When he finally got to the front door of his friend, he felt an ominous presence coming from the house. Was it real or was it just an imagination his? Anyway, it was time to ring the Doorbell of Doom. Nizzy's friend opened the door: "Ah! You're here! Cool! Guys! We can hold that mini tournament of ours now!". "Huh? My other friends are here too? And mini tournament? What the eff is going on?". Little confused, Nizzy entered into his friend's room and saw his other friends in there. Nizzy's friend explained that he had just bought this cool looking fighting game called "Blazblue". "Okay, let's try this!". With great determination, Nizzy took the controller. What might wait our mighty hero, Nizzy? Time passed until night came and...

I was the winner of tournament. So yeah. In short, my friend got me into it.

I used to be intersted in Street Fighter, not noticing how bad the balance was. I didn't even know about mixups, or cross ups, spacing etc.

Then I saw another game. The title looked cool(Blazblue) so I clicked on the video. I saw Nu-13 playing, and I instantly wanted to use her drive, even though I had no idea what it was. Before I got the game, Blazblue CS was already out. I had to decide between using Lambda or Nu, so I chose Nu, because everybody said she was OP :) Then I started playing the games, the story was good, and now I'm from CT to Extend.

One of my roommates had this game for no reason and he asked everyone to play it with him one day. At first I thought the game was okay because I liked the style and it was anime. I used Ragna vs his Jin and was like, "Meh...I probably won't be playing this game a lot sorr l ARROWS OF ICE l Holy Crap! What was that?"

My friend: It's his distortion. Everyone has special attacks you can do once you get 50 heat.

Then we went into training mode and he showed me everyone's astral. Holyshitthisisawesome.

From that day forward it was my mission to hit as many people with distortions and astrals as I possibly could. The best feeling in the world is still when you flick the stick around quickly at the end of a long combo to tack on a round ending distortion.

Hazama.

Lol.

...but I guess my reason for continuing to play(and suck at) it is, that beyond the fedora, I really do like the majority of the cast(which wasn't true of the other FGs I'd tried up until BB), and while the plot has a lot of things that would normally make me cringe, the dialogue itself is spectacular(surprisingly so). The story mode really fleshes each individual character out in a way unlike any other fighter I've played. It motivates me to want to learn characters that I otherwise wouldn't have cared about.

...Plus I love the character designs, which, being the shallow person that I am, is way more important than it probably should be.