Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

GG + Looks pretty + Quit Smash bros.

Someone at a forum I go to made a topic about it. I remember hoping that Noel wasn't a boy, but I wasn't all that interested. That was when it was first announced. Later, I saw the trailer, and fell in love, intensified by the awesome OST.

Guilty Gear. I never played any competent human being, but I still loved that game to death. BlazBlue seemed right up my alley, and online play really got me interested.

Choosing a main was difficult though. And then I landed a yukikaze. Haven't looked back.

played guilty gear xx for xbox with a friend mashed buttons and lost. Played a little of street fighter 3 on xbox with that friend mashed buttons and lost. played soul caliber for xbox and xbox 360 with that friend mashed and lost. Purchased Blazblue learned how to play the game because i liked the game so much and dominated my friend after after years of losing to him priceless.

guilty gear introduced me to playing fighters blazblue is what made really want to play fighters.

the art style of blazblue is 10 times better than most capcom and snk games

I had already played GG but on a casual level, always thought the games was to hard for me to learn. Never really played fighters on a competitive level but when sf4 i started to put some effort into it and really enjoyed it. When blazblue came out it really picked my interest so i decided to try it out ~~

Guilty Gear. It was always one of my favorite games, even though I absolutely never had anyone to play it with, so I never even got decent at it. When BlazBlue was announced, I thought 'how annoying, I wish I could get that, but there's no way I'm buying a PS3 just for a 2D fighting game.'. Then I did, because online play.

Got really interested in Guilty gear, but I was planning on getting a PS3 at the time. Then I heard about BB. I looked up some vids and instantly knew I was gonna get this game. Enjoyed the series ever since (though I would like to see a new guilty gear with online play)

Fighting game fan here. I play them all.

Street Fighter

Tekken

King of Fighters

Marvel Vs. Series

Soul Calibur

Mortal Kombat

Guilty Gear

So it was only natural to play Blaz Blue.

Anime-Expo 2008, Blazblue arcade demo with only six characters at that time. just the 2D animations, distortions, characters, and believe it or not I really liked it because of the CT announcer, just standing there hearing "The wheel of fate is turning.. Rebel 1.. ACTION!" I jizzed in my pants

and its funny to because I always hated fighting games especially Street Fighter, other than dead or alive and Gulity Gear which I wish I played more of.

Saw this image

http://favoniangamers.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/blazbluereview.jpg

on /v/ thread with some guy pointing out the character similarities

It gave me an eyegasm, I though to myself "Hey, they're making another one of those Guilty Gear games in HD". Then I found out it was an entirely different game altogether. So since the game was new I assumed the community must be new to and I decided to take advantage of that to get a fresh start into a fighting game after the last one I played seriously was SNK VS Capcom2.

Less than a year before CT came out, I assumed 2d fighting games were shit for no reason and just played SC4/Brawl/CvS2 casually. A friend of mine talked to me about it a bit. He was all like "Look at these instant kills! Game is anime as FUCK." I was not impressed by the astrals, but regardless I went and found gameplay footage. I saw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qy_uW2lpfA (Thanks hecatom~) and was immediately impressed and excited. I then searched for footage of other 2d fighters that weren't SF, primarily GG and MB, and was fairly hyped. I was pleased by the characters, combos, and the fact that these games still used 2d graphics. I always got annoyed when people equated sprites with "bad graphics" regardless of aesthetics. I tried GGXX#Reload on the PC and liked it, though I felt it was rather "hard" for some reason and was glad to hear people say BB was easier to get into.(Not exactly sure what I felt was hard about it..maybe it was the lack of special move descriptions?) I ended up renting CT, buying it, moving from playing it very casually to wanting to learn as much about the game as possible, and yeah. Pretty fucking happy that I was brought into this genre, as it is now my favorite.

I got into the Soul Calibur community a couple years back. I've always liked fighting games, but it's the first one that i took past the casual level.

I reckon my situation is very similar to this one.

I was always a fan of the fighting game genre, but it really wasn't anything beyond casual nonsense. The Soul series was always my absolute favorite as far back as the days of Soul Edge in the arcade. I played all the later Soul series installments and jumped at the chance of buying the Limited Edition of Soulcalibur IV for the PlayStation 3. That would be the first fighting game that I really went out of my way trying to master.

When Arc System Works announced BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger I was incredibly excited to see what their next big project would bring. Next to the Soul series, Guilty Gear was my favorite fighting game series with me having played every iteration of Guilty Gear XX up to that point on the PlayStation 2.

I saw the announcement trailer and wasn't disappointed. The main character that caught my eye was Noel Vermillion and I immediately decided that given the chance to play it I would use her. Later found some matches of Kaqn back in the day and gained interest in Ragna as well.

Friend said "Look at this really cool new fighting game, made by Arc System Works!" and linked me a video of Kaqn vs Buppa in the CT Arcade only days. Was playing Tatsunoko and Melty around that time, so my interest in fighting games were at a high point. Saw Rachel later on who would be my main, got it when it was released, etc etc the rest is history.

I was this friend. :3

James Xie's (right?) commentary on the Arcade Infinity videos. If it weren't him and Purrin and Bang Camero talking about random crap I wouldn't have even cared about this game. Yeah, weird reason but it's the truth.

What really got me into this game was Tager. I've always used grapplers in every game I've played, so seeing this big man of science just pulled me into it. Even with a few years of fighting game experience on my belt, the transition into this game did not come too smoothly and I almost quit, though. What made me stay and learn how to play was when I first watched MikeZ, Coopa, and Galileo play. They were able to play the game like I had never seen, so I picked up a controller and played the game again with new eyes.

The fighting system and most importantly, the characters/storyline.

I normally never play fighting games. In fact, the only actual fighting games I've actually gotten into are Fate/Unlimited Codes, Blazblue, and Melty Blood.