Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

Sorry if there's already a similar post ^^;;

As the title suggests, what got you into the series? Guilty Gear? Perhaps wanting to play something other than Street Fighter and Tekken. Or just an avid fighting game fan.

For me, I recall my friend playing it during a game day at my university. The graphics were beautiful. A week or so later, he did a short presentation on it during class. I've been looking for a game that I could play competitively so afterwards, I asked him about it: If there was a sequel, how long he's been playing it, etc. By this time, I figured I'd give it a try and borrowed another friend's BB:CTP after looking up the characters online and decided I wanted to play the laid-back kitty cat ^o^

Fiddled around with it til Friday rolled around and tried it on a console and was hooked ever since.

;___; -sniff- I'm so touched...

I saw X-Play's preview of it and it looked badass.

Also, I saw a Rachel vs Tager fight.

that's how I first heard about it too.....>_>

<_<

I first saw/played it when I went to an anime convention (got pwned so hard lol) and it was fun, so I played the psp version then pre-ordered CS and have been playing ever since :D

I walked into a local gamestop looking for a fighting game, having never heard of GG or even Arcsys before, made an impulse buy, and now shudder to think how close I came to never playing CT.

I just barely managed to beat story mode the first month, and never really got into the game until the PSP port was released. I was very handheld oriented at the time, and played it for far too long.

When CT came out, I bought it for the cannon continuation, and loved everything about it. New art was so eyegasmic, new mechanics worked brilliantly, gameplay was smooth as butter.

Just great games.

I've always enjoyed 2d fighters, but never really got into a particular series. Then I heard the music from the GG series and was instantly drawn to Arc System Works. GG seemed a bit intimidating to me though. When I heard about BlazBlue being a bit more accessible I thought I'd look into it. This was around the time BBCS was being talked about. So I waited for BBCS and bought it straight away. I was very satisfied...with both the music and the gameplay. I only wish I had more time to play it each week. At least I can listen to the music whenever I want!

I resurrected my love of fighting games a couple months before BB:CT came out on consoles, found mention of it on SRK and looked up info. The rest is history.

Saw CT at my friends house and flipped through the booklet. Once I got to the back cover with Noel...sold. Didn't play fighting games at all till I got my own copy of CT and now I'm an okay Noel.

I proxy buy various games for some Brits I know, almost all of them bought BBCT. I bought it for myself on a whim despite not being a fighting game fan at the time (I'm far too non-competitive, even now.) Really got into the game, so much so that I bought a TE Fightstick and am now looking into other fighting games.

It being hailed as Guilty Gear's successor since SEGA's underhanded license grab prevented a new GG.

Plus, it looked cool and more accessible, with online to boot.

Played Tsukihime, friends were like GET MBAC AND PLAY ME ONLINE

So I did, and got into actually learning to play fighting games. One of those friends was like YOU SHOULD TRY BB, and I did. Good timing, too, since the guy I mainly played against in MBAC quit netplay altogether to only play MBAA local, and BB gave me something to play online. (I can't really find local players on my life, nor can I drive.)

BB:CT was alright, but I didn't have a ton of fun. CS came out soon, though, and CS had Tsubaki -- who I clicked with, probably due to her feeling a tiny bit like a Melty character. I've had lots of fun since.

Back when I first heard mentions of Blazblue, I didn't pay much attention. I hadn't been interested in Pokemon since Gold/Silver, no reason for me to be interested in this one.

Then I saw an interesting discussion going on somewhere in the internet: Blazblue vs. Streetfighter. I thought it was strange that a Pokemon and God of War clone were being compared, so I took a deeper look at the conversation. It was then that I discovered this whole new genre of video games called "fighers."

Okay, so I knew what Streetfighter was, but only because I read Sirlin's articles on it.

Couple of friends told it was like GG. I had never ever played GG before so I decided to take up the challenge because they were saying how I would probably not be able to play it and how its not like sf s I was gonna get whooped. So I played it and yea I got the beatdown of a life time because I didn't know anything about air unblockables in the game because I would always see them block in the air so I would assume it was like alpha 3 in some ways. In addition to this, I didn't understand the teching thing and I kept teching into 5d from Ragna all the time. I kept losing until the point where I got more knowledge of the game and combos by going into training mode and thats when I started to win more frequently and eventually my friends all stopped playing it

Tried to get into Street Fighter 4, but I just didn't really like it. Then I saw the BB arcade opening randomly on youtube and thought it just looked like a breath of fresh air, then I saw it was coming to consoles in like 2 months, decided to import and pick myself up a cheap arcade stick, then I just got really into it.

Wish there was a better scene in the UK though, I know there is a small scene for BB, but it requires me to travel a long way, which I don't have money for ;__;

I was bad at fighting games.

Group of 10 friends kept planning to go to the local arcade to play "BlazBlue".

I go with them to see them play it: 8 Noels, 1 Taokaka, and 1 Hakumen.

They compared it to Guilty Gear so I tried it out.

I asked them what character I should play. They said 'V-13' played similarly to Dizzy.

I played. I lost.

I spent an hour on the machine and practiced as they did other things.

Some guy came up and told me Nu's basic combo 5DD>4DD>236D.

He told me not enough people play Nu and was happy I was learning her.

I planned to use BlazBlue as the game that will get me good at fighting games.

I pre-ordered the game that day.

Then two weeks later, I went to Anime Expo and played it there and people said I was pro.

When I look back on it. It was the most contradicting set of events I have ever seen.

None of my friends play it anymore and none of them will compare them to GG characters. I am among the best at fighting games in my group of friends. Nu isn't Dizzy, she's scrubby, and too many people played her.

It makes me lol every time I think of it.

Randomly went to my cousins house one day. I asked "what dat game???" He was like "yo man dis game is hot better than Smash" I'm like "For real let me hit dat" When i first came in it was him practicing with squiggly and from then on Arakune became my main.

Me liking fighting games, my friend Blimp had CT, I would play it vs him and my other friend. I liked the story, graphics etc. But as a fighting game, it was pretty bad lol. CS is much better imo.

I've also wanted to try out Guilty Gear long before that game because of how awesome the music in the games are. I'd play find Blazblue anyway if Blimp didn't have it because of that.

I was just walking through the Gamestop/EBGames (forget which) after a movie and spotted the collector's edition. I had been looking for a really good anime-based fighting game for a while, and all of the workers told me it was amazing, so I picked up the special edition. One of the best buys I've ever made. Those soundtracks are almost always on in my car.