Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

My old gaming group in college used to play all sorts of fighting games (MvC2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, SF3: Third Strike, Tekken, Guilty Gear, Virtua Fighter). I love 2D Fighters so this was an auto-include into my small collection. Liked the community as well.

rachel, and the fighting game engine. Every character being nuthin like any other character in the same game. The sprite works, backgrounds, music, and pretty colors.

The fact that the characters are really unique between the next character appeals me, melty blook acrana heart, and guilty gear are make sure of this. This is why i really stay away from streetfighter games, and kof titles.. alot of the characters play the same or dont have a unique likeness regarding playstlye(excluding 3d strike)

I remember i was at an anime convention, and i was waiting for my turn on a Soul Calibur IV tournament (Which btw i lost in the Semi-Finals sadly).

Anyways, i saw it and i was amazed that i didn't know what it was; so after asking around i got curious...then bought it.

Was watching videos before CT came out here if I remember right after that I bought CT and stopped before CS.(Im back to playing now and I suck completely too much SSF4)

I main Guile in Super Street Fighter 4, and by God is it the slowest experience ever. I found myself wanting a faster experience accompanied by a decently large competitive/meta-gaming scene. What reeled me in to Blazblue was watching game-play footage of Makoto at my friend's suggestion. Not only did the graphics and the flow stun me, I found myself having nothing to fear: underboob is here. I am now debating which game to focus on, though I am leaning toward BB now, seeing that the scene is still emerging.

I used to button mash GGXX (literally like lowest level of button mashing, no one knew wtf we were doing with that game) with my friends in college and I saw on Kotaku that this was supposed to be some kind of spiritual successor to Guilty Gear.

It looked pretty cool, and after watching videos and listening to the soundtrack I came across Rachel. Being able to play a gothic lolita appealed to me a lot. I was considering playing maybe Jin until I found out he was a faggot, and I couldn't get the hang of Taokaka or Carl's play style so I dropped them too. :psyduck:

guilty gear got me into blazblue

and then guilty gear got me out of it

My GG Elitist friend hyped me into this.

Then he dropped the game saying spouting his GG stuff.

I decided it was more fun than Vanilla SF4 and decided to stick with it.

I was into GG, but was never good. Every new iteration of GG, I thought I could try to get good, but never happened.

I was thinking BB:CT was another chance for me to try to get good. Stuck with it ever since. It helps that there is Online so I can get more experience.

Lots and lots of Melty in my past I missed out on other fighters since Melty was my first competitive fighter. When the community died I needed another fighter to get into and I was sort of late to GG so FML. Eventually I stumbled upon news of BB and checked out some videos hearing it would be the predecessor of GG. I was down with it so when it was available I definitely played it.

Sprites and combat looked pretty badass.

after the massive disappointment and brain damage I got from SFIV (unbalanced, online never works, horrible music, clone characters, crap story, bad art direction and animated movies etc)

I saw a trailer of BB on news 4 gamers. I got in love to the sound track, flashy moves and the art direction. I searched and saw its from makers of Guilty Gears, Pre ordered then :P

I have bought some shooters and racing games for my new PS3 but I started to crave a fighting game. I started with SFIV and got my ass kicked online while having no fun. Later i heard a show mention Blazblue. I also saw a trailer for BB and saw Hakumen. And about a year later here I am.

video game club played BBCT left an impression half a year later bought it and was hooked

Edited by DANBOY137
forgot "it"

SSFIV made me about kill my love for fighters, but I decided to give CT a try. Fell in love with the story and characters and decided not throw in the towel for fighting games. Still not ridiculous like I'd like to be, but I've gotten to the point where I'm beast against the computer. My next step is to take it Online.

Hmm, i saw a friend playing it in a few videos, it seemed interesting, (AND CHEAP LOLS) so i tried it out since i havent played a fighting game in forever.

Soon i realized a character (Jin) could freeze other players, and that his character was quite awesome.

Thus, i began playing BB.

Nice style.