Sign in to follow this  
DemiiPoet

What got -you- into BlazBlue?

Been looking at BB for a while now,saw it on evo stream and other tourney streams and finally decided to get it for christmas,but I feel so late 2 the party now that its on its 3rd iteration lol.

Heard about BB but never saw any gameplay videos or looked it up.

Saw it in the store and went "why not?"

So basically it was an impulse buy.

the awesome character designs, (being a big fan of VNs, animes, mangas, light novels and Japanese video games I love the character designs, even if they're generic) also, Guilty Gear and fighters in general.

During my senior year, a friend of mine got me into it during our high school's "game night" to raise money for our senior class and I loved it immediately, probably due to me being fond of Guilty Gear as well.

Guilty Gear first... Blazblue was just a matter of time, and letting the expected, natural chemical bonding take place.

Wanted a fighter, BB was aesthetically pleasing to watch; nothing else out at the time was. 50% off sale at Gamestop letting me get it for $15 helped a bit too.

I had £20 to spend. Saw BlazBlue in the shop. I heard it was reasonably popular among FG fans. I never played a real fighting game before, so I decided to get it.

Mained Jin first. I sucked. Picked up Nu. Still sucked. Tried Ragna and Tager. Didn't enjoy them. Picked up Arakune. I sucked, but it was fun. And just when I learnt the 6C Loop, CS was a month from release. Yay.

I heard of BlazBlue before Guilty Gear, and instantly became interested because of the unique character playstyles I read about and Rachel. Then I play CT at a convention and immediately fell in love with the game.

Was looking up new games to play. Saw BB. Thought it was dumb. Dismissed it. Friend let me play BBCT. Got hooked. Bought CS.

In short, it was all thanks to Bang. :BANG::thumbu:

Edited by Ramix53

I was browsing the gamestop website one day and saw that there was a limited edition of some game(CT) for the normal price. I watched the trailer, noticed the boobage, fell in love. I dont think i knew much else about the game when i bought it.

dustloop got me into blazblue. lol. I've been a lurker here since like yearss ago then rumors started spreading out that a spiritual successor of gg was being made :]

For me...Looking at the BB trailer and the BBCT website for the first time and comparing characters.

Well, Rin and the norcal hype got me into BB (and back into fighting games)

Love the energy they bring to it.

The circle of friends I chill with told me about the game, knowing I liked Guilty Gear. I haven't spent time to seriously learn a fighter before BB, so I thought I'd give it a shot. First thing that brought my attention to it was it's music, though. Rebellion was chill and Catus Carnival made me smile. :x

One of my friends brought over his copy of Calamity Trigger to play. That was when I was first introduced to BlazBlue. After that, I began to look up some videos and saw how awesome the game was. I got to play Continuum Shift at another party, and with my current knowledge combined with my absence of experience with the game I decided to play as Hakumen against a friend who uses Hazama. Needless to say, I was thoroughly raped. I lost almost every single match and my only victory was when I accidentally put on Beginner Mode (I never put it on again).

My interest for BlazBlue only grew even more, so I borrowed a copy of Calamity Trigger from one of my friends. After getting the True Ending and beating Hakumen's Arcade Mode I became hooked to the series. Now I am in possession of my own copy of Continuum Shift and represent a fairly decent (yet scrubby, in my opinion, anyway) Hakumen. I have my friends to thank for introducing me to this game. It rocks!

Speaking of rockin' games, I'm developing an interest to the Guilty Gear series. Mainly because I'm listening to the X2 OST. I wonder if I'll be able to get Accent Core Plus on the PSP...?