Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

you have to use the 360 method if you're doing a stand alone 5K CL. Otherwise this happens: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b6c399977b7f2b8519747bd91027d4ddb7594289905e94b7

It's up to you if you want to negative edge the cl or not but i think it's the easiest method. it only seems odd until you get it down. i used to think 2k cs 6p stbt was odd until i got it down.

there is nothing in the shared folder

I guess what you are trying to show is that JI CL after 5K will not combo?

No, it should. Just the motion for it is a lot stranger than you'd expect. Also cola, you are my hero for switching to stick. Now you can crush us on the sticks on the machine!

Eh you don't *have* to njc j.S dj j.S like you do j.S jc j.H; you actually have a fair amount of leniency there; plus since you're off the dash delaying it slightly seems to give you better forward movement than you would get if you had njced.

Caveman had listed down all the possible ways to execute 5K JI HCL a couple of years ago:

5K 632147~8~9K (easiest in the sense that there's no weird timing or concept to use, just do fast and accurately) 63214K 7~8~96K (Caveman's preferred one, IIRC; buffer the half-circle in 5K and then just add 2 more inputs to complete the HCL motion) 5[K] 632147~8~96]K[ or 63214[K] 7~8~96]K[ (negative edged; makes it extremely easy once you can get used to button release timing) 5K 360K (an ok method; I don't like it since it's less accurate but if it works for you it works)

Personally, I'm using the very first one since in some midscreen double CL FRC combos you'd need to walk forward before doing a 5K relaunch, so buffering the half-circle would instead place you further away than you need to be. The third method probably is the most efficient way, since it solves both inherent problems to the first (being really taxing on your hands to coordinate a hcb-f TK motion and not jump and doing 6FRC6 half a second later) and second method (inadvertently mess up spacing).

Also, since in AC P dive has added bounceback recovery you have to do Throw FRC9 236P to make sure you get enough height to airdash back in. If you did the instant TK P dive off the FRC you'll probably be too low to do anything practical.

Eh, of course you could do 236[9]P as in you hold the 9 and time the P dive so it's higher. Again, whatever works.

whatever floats your boat. i've done that or i jump installed it previously or i tigerknee hcl to get the jumpinstall 5k 360hcl. has to be done fast so you get the stand alone hcl and not the tiger knee hcl

5[K] 632147~8~96]K[ or 63214[K] 7~8~96]K[ (negative edged; makes it extremely easy once you can get used to button release timing)

to be clear, when I say the 360 method I mean this^^^

No, it should. Just the motion for it is a lot stranger than you'd expect.

Also cola, you are my hero for switching to stick. Now you can crush us on the sticks on the machine!

i can't even air dash or back dash properly on a stick T_T

Eh you don't *have* to njc j.S dj j.S like you do j.S jc j.H; you actually have a fair amount of leniency there; plus since you're off the dash delaying it slightly seems to give you better forward movement than you would get if you had njced.

Caveman had listed down all the possible ways to execute 5K JI HCL a couple of years ago:

5K 632147~8~9K (easiest in the sense that there's no weird timing or concept to use, just do fast and accurately) 63214K 7~8~96K (Caveman's preferred one, IIRC; buffer the half-circle in 5K and then just add 2 more inputs to complete the HCL motion) 5[K] 632147~8~96]K[ or 63214[K] 7~8~96]K[ (negative edged; makes it extremely easy once you can get used to button release timing) 5K 360K (an ok method; I don't like it since it's less accurate but if it works for you it works)

Personally, I'm using the very first one since in some midscreen double CL FRC combos you'd need to walk forward before doing a 5K relaunch, so buffering the half-circle would instead place you further away than you need to be. The third method probably is the most efficient way, since it solves both inherent problems to the first (being really taxing on your hands to coordinate a hcb-f TK motion and not jump and doing 6FRC6 half a second later) and second method (inadvertently mess up spacing).

Also, since in AC P dive has added bounceback recovery you have to do Throw FRC9 236P to make sure you get enough height to airdash back in. If you did the instant TK P dive off the FRC you'll probably be too low to do anything practical.

Eh, of course you could do 236[9]P as in you hold the 9 and time the P dive so it's higher. Again, whatever works.

5K 632147~8~9K (what do you mean by ~ ?) and how is this different from 5K 360

thank you!

~ indicates different inputs that can be substituted with each other; in this case 5K 632147~8~96K you want to get a jump input on your CL so hitting any three of the jump motions 7 or 8 or 9 may be used to similar effect although it doesn't mean you hit all 3 inputs. It's different since you don't necessarily hit all the motions for it to work, rather than 360K which gives me the impression you just spam a 360 and you'd get your JI CL by virtue that you hit each and every motion needed. However, if everyone meant the other methods to mean the 360 one I've been fooled. :/

so wait, i could do it consistently on an air combo, now how do i do it on the ground. is it 360 6, frc, 6 then?

On the ground or off low combo, you have to jump install and do the frc6 faster than in a TK..

By some stretch of miracle I'm getting used to doing this on Pad. Thing is though, it seems much harder to do from a gatling or guard string. It seems easy to block. Any practical setups or situations its good for and/or combo variations to mix it up some?

By some stretch of miracle I'm getting used to doing this on Pad. Thing is though, it seems much harder to do from a gatling or guard string. It seems easy to block.

Any practical setups or situations its good for and/or combo variations to mix it up some?

...No. This move is completely useless. Don't bother with it. Never mind the fact that this move is done in like 99% of all match vids of competent I-No players. Or do you want to be called "cheap" by the people you play? :vbang:

Seriously? TK CL FRC Airdash is considered Cheap???? This is news to me.

Yes, it is.

It's why there were no Ino players at Tougeki last year.

Yes, it is.

It's why there were no Ino players at Tougeki last year.

Everyone kept saying that KO1 was too cheap with his Chemical Love FRC mixups and threw vegetables and eggs at him so he became sad and played Millia instead.

Sign in to follow this