Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

To add to what 9TNine said, when you do the JI version you're lower to the ground than if you do something like 6P > 5H > TK HCL, so the window for the airdash is smaller. You have something like 4 frames from the time of the FRC to dash or you'll drop below the minimum height requirement and wont be able to dash, whereas if you TK the HCL (and actually leave the ground), you have more time than that.

"Does 360 K alter the 6frc6 timing compared to JI?"

You have to use a JI version off of 5K, or 5K > HCL wont link. Unless the 5K counter hits anyway... And doing the 360 input actually is doing the JI version. You're buffering some up motions during the 632146 input, so basically you're jumping during 5K and doing HCL before the jump happens, giving you the jump install. You don't have to do a full 360, it's just comfortable and easy. I learned to do sort of a TK'd half-circle when facing left (4123694), and I got the consistency down a lot faster when facing left doing it that way. My hand just wanted to do it, and it worked, so I just kept going with it.

Alright, seems like I really misunderstood what JI was opposed to TK. Thanks for illuminating that guys, I'll get to grinding it out. Appreciate the help.

It's kind of a weird concept, especially since some of the characters received an "Auto-JI" treatment to their moves, whereas I-No didn't.

A rough, quick explanation would be that by cancelling the jump from 5K, the game then thinks I-No is considered jumping during her HCL and therefore allows her to airdash after (albeit tight timing as she's not very high off the ground). By doing HCL normally, she's "in the air" as seen if she gets hit, but she's not "jumping" hence no air dash after FRC.

Remember! If you see the cloud of dust come off the ground before you do HCL, you TK'd. If there was no cloud and you could still airdash after FRCing, you JI'd.

Edited by 9TNine

GGXrd question here... Horizontal CL doesn't seem to be listed in I-No's movelist anymore except during Sultry Performance...

Does that mean it can't be done anymore by itself? Or just only Vertical CL?

I'm curious where you seen that. She still has it, it's shown on Xrd's website, and it can be seen, in action, in gameplay that you could see if you were in the Xrd I-no forum.

Ah I was going based on Suzaku's translation in the GGXrd News Thread. Guess it was a mistake in the list (or rather it didn't specify which one it was). Normally I read it as "Chemical Love Yoko" or "Chemical Love Tate".

Edit: No wait, he lists it like it's a followup, not in and of the move itself... so I got confused.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?16461-Xrd-News-Thread/page2&p=1543499&viewfull=1#post1543499

Okay nevermind:

214+K CL Yoko (Horizontal)

>214+S Hasei (Derivative)

214+S CL Tate (Vertical)

Does the 214+S CL have a followup? I don't think it does.

Edited by Blade

Sign in to follow this