Sign in to follow this  
Caveman

How to airdash after the Chemical Love

Re: Sol crouching combo. Besides the fact I think you'll never catch a competent sol player with that are you unaware that the jh will combo into a 6p? It gives you so many more options for higher damage and has less strict timing than gattling cl from 2d. The trick is to input buffer the 6p.

Yes sir, I am I've just been practicing the jump install to get the feel for it. I won't be able to use s, JI, 6p, hs, HCL, 6frc6, for many combo purposes, but it could still work as a good mixup, so I still try to practice it. But yeah, hcl from 2D is rough im still trying to get it :v:. Its not consistent yet :<.

I won't be able to use s, JI, 6p, hs, HCL, 6frc6, for many combo purposes, but it could still work as a good mixup, so I still try to practice it.

try k ji s 6p h etc. Sometimes people dont realize k can open a nice combo. And while jump install isnt the hard part its far easier with 2 jcable moves in sucession.

Actually to get the most out of your CL combos you really shouldn't add ground moves when you don't have to. Of course if you aren't going to continue the combo after the CL then yeah you could, but otherwise try to gatling to HCL as soon as possible so your guard gauge doesn't decrease a lot.

JEBUS! DX! Trying to play with Ino is like trying to drive a fucking car! lmao, I be hitting those sharpe corners after her frc's lmao. Man, Im getting used to it, but her 2D, HCL, 6frc6 combos are fucking hard :/. its like after I airdash from the HCL, and do S I have to put in the next rotation and its so immediate, Im like Jesus :v: Lmao, but its fun as hell though. I bet you if someone could play with Ino with a Racing controller, he or she would be......................UNSTOPPABLE O,,,...,,O MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA, that shit would be funny though lmao. Edit: I see what you cats mean about not needing the s, or just sticking with the k as the start up, half of the time your coming in overhead with her dash, I was getting in the habit of using s, because I was practicing the 6frc6 based on that video, but I haven't really done s, 6p, Hs, that much recently, cause Ive been practicing with dashing in with S, or HS, to either 6P, HS, or 2S, 2D for combos. I still have alot of lab work to do though, I won't be Ino ready for a while cause I have to form my playing style.

Don't JI and then add so many moves, JI'ing negates forward momentum which makes you miss. I personally prefer c.s over k because it seems to have less pushback (maybe its my imagination). I'd also practice on characters other than sol mainly because the stuff that works on him isn't the stuff your gonna be using all day, and I mean ALL DAY! If you can combo sol your already competent enough to hold your own in real matches... unless your living in jap atm. Any knockdown > note > mixup > BnB > KD > bait some reversal > punish > KD > tick throw them because they are fearful now > win. I get wins ;_; and my Ino strategies are in the stone ages, thank god for the BnBs :keke:

Don't JI and then add so many moves, JI'ing negates forward momentum which makes you miss. I personally prefer c.s over k because it seems to have less pushback (maybe its my imagination). I'd also practice on characters other than sol mainly because the stuff that works on him isn't the stuff your gonna be using all day, and I mean ALL DAY! If you can combo sol your already competent enough to hold your own in real matches... unless your living in jap atm.

Any knockdown > note > mixup > BnB > KD > bait some reversal > punish > KD > tick throw them because they are fearful now > win.

I get wins ;_; and my Ino strategies are in the stone ages, thank god for the BnBs :keke:

Thanks for the advice. I know that much though, plus I know about JI effect cause I play May 75 percent of the time. I notice I won't really have to jump install in most situations because I'll be her dash in which has the auto install with the rest of the combo when it connects. I like 2S too cause not only does it hit low, it is a nice low poke and it doesn't prorate the damage as horribly as kick does >,> can't even get a combo passed 160 dmg off of 2K :/.

Its a habit to practice on Sol, to me hes the most average practice dummy, since he has average HP/Def 1.00, an average body size and average float. I only try out confirmed combos on others other than sol, meaning, if I fully complete a combo or mix up I will move and try it on other characters, but if my combo or mix up is unfinished I don't move off of sol, cause if I don't finish my work on one training dummy the next one may give me questionable progress.

My Ino practice fell down a bit lately cause I made up some crazy random combos with May (less VD loop with just as much dmg......OMG :O) so this week shes the star, with Ino on the side. Its been going back and forth like this for weeks :x.

Okay 1st 66jh is a bad habit you need to ditch unless its a pdive follow up or 6666jh or 669jh. Second dont worry about the 2nd vcl input, it will become habit. Just remember theres no need to tk it. Infact after time youll probably have to practice not doing it. Lol.

What the other poster meant was that the sols have fucked up hit boxes so most of your standard stuff doesnt work and what does work doesnt on others. I find aba is like that too. Zappa is rather practice friendly.

What the other poster meant was that the sols have fucked up hit boxes so most of your standard stuff doesnt work and what does work doesnt on others. I find aba is like that too. Zappa is rather practice friendly.

Cool Ill check that out.

Don't JI and then add so many moves, JI'ing negates forward momentum which makes you miss. I personally prefer c.s over k because it seems to have less pushback (maybe its my imagination)

JI-ing doesn't negate any momentum as long as you didn't stop during the combo, while TKing (since you jump straight back, up, or forward) will cut off momentum you might have had during a hover jump. Either way, it usually doesn't matter much. Did you mean to say that adding moves will cut off your momentum? Well, that isn't true either but it does push you out of range and depending on what you want to do, it can be bad. There are times to definitely use 5k over c.s, like if you land a hover dash j.s from further out, and 5k(JI then 2d) or 6p(5hs) will combo while c.s will whiff or turn into f.s.

About Sol: He falls fairly normal and he has the 1.00 defense modifier, but because of those shoes or whatever, he has a weird ass hitbox, especially for characters like Johnny and I-no. If you want to practice generic combos, someone like Slayer would be better. The only weird thing about Slayer's hitbox is that he has to be somewhat lower than other characters in the air when you do 5k JI HCL. If he is too high, the 5k will push him up and the HCL will miss.

Zappa is ok but if you do combos that push back and then end with 6p 5hs, the 5hs will sometimes whiff where it would normally hit.

About Sol: He falls fairly normal and he has the 1.00 defense modifier, but because of those shoes or whatever, he has a weird ass hitbox, especially for characters like Johnny and I-no. If you want to practice generic combos, someone like Slayer would be better. The only weird thing about Slayer's hitbox is that he has to be somewhat lower than other characters in the air when you do 5k JI HCL. If he is too high, the 5k will push him up and the HCL will miss.

Zappa is ok but if you do combos that push back and then end with 6p 5hs, the 5hs will sometimes whiff where it would normally hit.

Thats cause Sols shoes have pumps lol. The best thing for me to do is round robin everyone when I'm ready, for one of my first combos when I was practicing the 6frc6 on Sol, would be (half screen) s, 6p, HS, j.s, j.hs, HCL, 6frc6, HS, Dust, 236D, fall with him for a bit, HS, 236p, 66 S, HS, Dive/Super/CL.

For some ppl this worked, others, id have to take out the J.HS, and HCL from the j.S. The rest worked just fine. Ill take all of this into account. Until I get the 6frc6 a bit more down for the land HCL, I won't be putting Ino into action just yet, shes still in training so I have time to round robin. Im more interested in my 6frc6 execution at the moment, the rest is the just grunt work, but this new technique is rough :v:.

What i want to know is how the hell did you get a 160 combo from 2k? Im trying to get this vid i just made uploaded right now. Its the best combo i could get on sol from 2k and its only 155 with 100 tension.

Heres the vid www.mediafire.com/?xsfmx11ctxt youll need quicktime to view it. Btw the UF at the end does a measly 2 damage. And i know how to continue the cl loop but anything beyond that and theyre doing 1 damage too. Lol

What i want to know is how the hell did you get a 160 combo from 2k? Im trying to get this vid i just made uploaded right now. Its the best combo i could get on sol from 2k and its only 155 with 100 tension.

I said I couldn't seem to get passed 160, I think I did like 157 with a combo, but id have to confirm it, but that won't happen right now, cause I broke my only T.V. on campus, and Im behind in work, so im not goin out my way to hook it up to a lobby t.v., until I catch up somemore, Or ill be back where I started :gonk:

Edit: LMAO! I LOVED THAT VIDEO! IT WAS SO GHETTOFIED, I HAD TO LAUGH! LMAO, you even did the ol school paper static attraction to T.V. thingy, I haven't done that in ages lmao xD, oh man that was awesome. :yaaay:

Cute combo, and the vid was pretty funny, but for all practical purposes, it isn't hard to get around 140 with no tension! The combo isn't hard but the finish is really tough!! 2k, 6p, 5s©, j.s, j.hs, S dive (hold for delay), land, 5s(c, sol should be relatively low because of your delay from the dive and the 5s© timing should not be too difficult due to his height), j.s, j.hs, S dive (very slight delay), land, 5p, jc j.p j.s, jc j.hs, k dive 143 damage.

I usually do S, [8]/[9] HS, HCL FRC dash, j.S, j.VCL, S, j.S, j.HS, j.HCL FRC, dash j.HS, dive K [9]=just like press a button not hold. Try S, [8]/[9] HS is connect must be show like S, HS than you just continue (HCL FRC, dash)=My input is HCL 6+FRC,6. I think this my easy input for me

JI-ing doesn't negate any momentum as long as you didn't stop during the combo...

You know I was confused at first but the hoverdash barely has any momentum when you touch the ground, it isn't noticeable. When you JI on a running combo you do lose momentum, just not for Ino, johnny, slayer and pot because they can't dash.

afaik on running combos only has a little bit of momentum that usualy only matter because of spacing issue after the 1st hit ji in any point i[finput][/finput]fter that will not keep the momentum for further follow up(for i believe the momentum is already expired unless u're doing DI/Necro Install/level 200+ ai/playing gold character).

well, it looks like we still have some players practicing I-no, nice... I'm at the next phase of cl 6frc6, so I'll give you the training technique I used... It involves a little frame data knowledge... First of all, watch that vid everyday! For the next couple days, just practice all of your frc's (notes, cl's, grab, ect...) like this: frc6 as fast as possible, but with-in reason of course. Get it down to the point where you are at one hundred percent, it's easy as pie, trust me. Now what this does is get you one hundred percent familiar with your frc's at any point, (during combo's, in the air, on the ground, both sides and ect...) You are going to need this if you are playing I-no seriously. Ok, once you can hit your frc's everytime, (takes about a week, NO LESS, seriously for a reason) start throwing the first 6 when you notice the cancel for CL. You should visually see I-no not doing the previous attack and leave the ground before inputting the first 6. It's like a hit confirm of the CL, and there's a reason for this... The theory I used (this is what I actually did) The human eye to hand coordination can't detect and react to baiken's five frame over head, using this as a theory, hit confirming a CL means that you will most likely hit 6, at least after frame 5, but it will usually be about frame seven or eight (which is good). CL frc is frame 16-17. By now, (IF YOU HAD PRACTICED FOR AT LEAST A WEEK) your frc6 should take one frame to execute. Your muscule memory will have the frc6 down pat, and the 10 frame air dash window will be pushed to it's limit, but it will come out. The foundation of the frc6 practice will help to guarantee that you will do the CL 6frc6 with in a couple minutes. Once you hit it, experiment with the timing on the first 6 and it will just come out natural. What this practice did I noticed after I did this that my focus is now on the frc part of the cl 6frc6. This is apparently very good as I am something around 95% with my frc's now. What happend before, which was apparently an undiscovered problem, is that my focus was on the first 6 instead of the frc. I was getting the air dash alot during my frc's, but I wasn't hitting my frc's often. After the week of frc6 practice, it simply became natural to hit 6 (I'm guessing with-in 1-3 frames) right after any frc. Well, apparently that seems to work well, because the second six comes out naturally, I'm focused on the frc now so I rarely miss it, and I'm giving myself almost 9 frames to mindlessly throw in the first 6. Seriously, as I frc, I don't even know myself if I even hit the first 6, but I always seem to. Where I'm at Practice mode, single CL combo's, any hit 90%. working on combo's with multiple CL's about 60%. working on combos that have j.d. into delayed VCL for tensionless follow ups 40%. Oki practice, 0% (i'm getting there). Real fights, single CL combo's any hit, 40% (one out of three combo's are heart breakers for my opponent). It seems that while, in practice mode, I can knock these badboys out, and even in arcade mode, but the pressure while playing good kids, can throw my focus enough to drop combo's. I don't think one out of three is too bad though. It's funny cuz once they see the CL 6frc6, they usually pass the stick while I'm comboing,lol!

try practicing 6p 5h hcl frc 66 s vcl *5h hcl frc 66 s vcl *repeat. once you can combo that onpoint the timing for other combos doesn't seem difficult at all. well STBT(s) 5K HCL can still be a bit tricky but I'm fairly sure that's just cause I use pad.

try practicing 6p 5h hcl frc 66 s vcl *5h hcl frc 66 s vcl *repeat.

once you can combo that onpoint the timing for other combos doesn't seem difficult at all. well STBT(s) 5K HCL can still be a bit tricky but I'm fairly sure that's just cause I use pad.

can already do that, i'm practicing necessity combos, like the one's that can end in k dive, or you can delay s dive into 5k cl 6frc6...

I'm working on combos with the second half. So that I can corner my opponent anytime I have 50% tension.

Hey, aren't you the guy who was looking for help with the gatling cl's? If you are, I have some timing advice. Most people can't get past two regularly, it's because the timing for the first two is exactly the same, the rest you actually have to visually see the frc point. In other words, the timing changes because you aren't a programmable controller. So once you get the first two down with muscule memory, you have to rely on your ability to identify the next frc negative cl. Hope that helps!!!

Yes, that's me. I think my biggest issue with it is that I'm on pad and not on a stick so it's execution not timing. It probably seems a bit odd but the way I do CL dashes is I input the CL itself with the analog stick then I cancel and switch my thumb to the d-pad for the 66. I think if I had a stick (plan to buy the hori pro 2 sa) then I wouldn't have to worry about switching between movement control and would be able to pull off MGCL.

Yes, that's me. I think my biggest issue with it is that I'm on pad and not on a stick so it's execution not timing. It probably seems a bit odd but the way I do CL dashes is I input the CL itself with the analog stick then I cancel and switch my thumb to the d-pad for the 66. I think if I had a stick (plan to buy the hori pro 2 sa) then I wouldn't have to worry about switching between movement control and would be able to pull off MGCL.

sry friend,

but I only use pad, including in mvc2... It's all the same, in fact, I don't even use the analog stick. number one thing you have to remember about pad is, if you practice too long, you'll lose speed in your thumbs and nothing will work. If you want to get some hard practice in, you'll have to switch between one command and another. It took me about three days to get the gattling down. Practice the gatling for about 5mins than move to 6644, (the one where you pass your opponent twice and hit with a j.h.) than try the gattling again. It gives certain muscules the rest they need. Also, I'm guessing that since you play I-no (like I do) your wrist and elbow might start hurting after enough practice. That means one of two things, you practiced too long on only one thing, or you aren't practicing on both sides. The pad is actually easier than the stick, stick has it's advantages, but once I got into smash brothers (melee) my pad speed became godly and I realized that the stick can't keep up...

I have a post before this one bucklemyshoe... here's some other advice, you should replace respect with pks so you don't mess up rc's and frc's if you don't want to do that... learn to use the underside of your thumb's knuckle to press k so that when you input hcl, you can frc with shk. 360's left hand side facing right, put the tip of your thumb on the right side of the d-pad and roll your thumb for the input, it's should feel sloppy, but it really isn't 360's right hand side facing left, nothing you can really do about this one... grip the handle of your controller a little bit tighter than usual and force the slide of your thumb around the d-pad. If it feels accurate, you're probably going too slow, it should feel wrong (everytime).

Well I can cancel CL's just fine. (from both sides of the screen) My trouble itself was with the inputs afterword to gattling chemical love. I know you say it makes no difference with stick but I have to disagree. I can tell in your posts that your control style and mine are two very different things and the motion in my wrist would be alot quicker than just my thumb. I have PKS mapped to L1 and respect mapped to R3. Also I never do 360's on the d-pad for chemical love, I just do a tk with 7 or 9. For 360's I use the analog, it's so much quicker and accurate (for me). Sometimes I also use a wierd set up [] = K, /\ = S, O = D, R1 = H, R2 = P. It may seem a bit odd but I use it for practice just incase I'm stuck in a match where mapping PKS to a single button isn't allowed. Of course I really don't think my method is the best for everyone considering I'm on my third controller (which needs to be replaced too) since AC has been released. I do practice alot, I have a timer set on my phone to go off at 11PM M-F so I practice atleast 5 times a week. It's this kind of harsh routine too. If I'm playing the computer (set on very hard) and I loose a match I do pushups. lol, safe to say after I loose a few times I really really try hard to not let it happen again.

Sign in to follow this