Sign in to follow this  
TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Videos

Ok, so I'm looking for advice on how to get better guys. Really, I really fucking need it. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRCB2HHRx4 --- Me being a total scrub vs CPU. (insane LQ). I don't have any form of recording device besides a camera (and flicker is real nasty) and my laptop's webcam... not really two great choices.

I already know the issues of playing against a CPU. Don't need to tell me. Unfortunately I'm the only GG player where I live. There are two others but one is going to college (and plays BB anyways) and the other is more commited to playing Arcana Heart (out of state currently). Whoopdeedo. So really, my only human competition is at anime conventions in baltimore. But I live in VA and about to head to college, so I'm not planning on travelling to MD anytime soon to meet people. Seems BlazBlue and GGG is taking off so I'm relatively the only AC player.????

Well, I fight with a pad, have a tendency to IAD back, and have no idea how to buffer a super jump during a combo or to buffer one to escape the corner. God I really suck at Anji's On combos too.

Based on the video, what should I come down to first? BnB? Super Jump buffering? On combos? FRC moves?

1.Too much HS Fuujin.This is already a problem.HS Fuujin should be a threatening move,not a "spam it" move.

2.Your Fuujin stance followups are repetitive: With tension = FB Rin. Without Tension = Normal Rin/K Hop. All of these are easily reacted to when you're up against a decent human player with good reactions.

3.No combos into On.When you land HS Fuujin Rin,you want to end it in On,not HS Fuujin FB Rin x N.

4.The correct unblockable setup: FB Shitsu--->Dash 5K(5S is better for some other characters)--->2S(unblockable) ---> 5HS ---> Fuujin ---> Nagiha.

5.2D into S Fuujin into FB Rin only works if you CH on heavy characters.

6.When fighting potemkin,you do NOT stand next to him on oki.That's asking for a potbuster against a human player.

7.You need to play against human players.You probably will have to travel a bit for that.

8.Work on combos that go into On.A simple BnB for that is 5K->5S->5HS->HS Fuujin->FB Rin->Dash in->5K->5S->On.Landing On is really key in Anji's game because that's his best shitsu setup.He has the best risk vs reward in this setup.

9.Work on everything accordingly.Anji is a balanced character with a lot of versatility,so you'll need to use all his tools effectively if you want to win.He won't win if you just learn his combos or just his FRCs.You need everything unlike Eddie(which you can start winning when you learn his combos and unblockable setups).This is the reason why ANG(the best technical Anji) struggles to win against reputed Japanese players while Domi and Limekey pull out amazing victories(ie: Limekey OCV in SBO semifinals of 08).

My turn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzHeEVs6LLE

These are videos of me playing recently(just keep looking for team sellout).Too bad singles weren't recorded this year seeing as how I finished 4th out of ~16 entrants.Comments and advice are greatly needed to improve my Anji.I'm open to all criticism.

4.The correct unblockable setup: FB Shitsu--->Dash 5K(5S is better for some other characters)--->2S(unblockable) ---> 5HS ---> Fuujin ---> Nagiha.

Another good way to confirm the unblock or not and end with a safe string:

knockdown > FB Shitsu > dash in > 5s > 2s ...

if hit: 3sc > 5s > 5HS >HS fujin etc.

blocked: 3sc > 5s into whatever seems best for situation. mid screen/corner etc.

Ok, so I'm looking for advice on how to get better guys. Really, I really fucking need it. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TRCB2HHRx4 --- Me being a total scrub vs CPU. (insane LQ). I don't have any form of recording device besides a camera (and flicker is real nasty) and my laptop's webcam... not really two great choices.

I already know the issues of playing against a CPU. Don't need to tell me. Unfortunately I'm the only GG player where I live. There are two others but one is going to college (and plays BB anyways) and the other is more commited to playing Arcana Heart (out of state currently). Whoopdeedo. So really, my only human competition is at anime conventions in baltimore. But I live in VA and about to head to college, so I'm not planning on travelling to MD anytime soon to meet people. Seems BlazBlue and GGG is taking off so I'm relatively the only AC player.????

Well, I fight with a pad, have a tendency to IAD back, and have no idea how to buffer a super jump during a combo or to buffer one to escape the corner. God I really suck at Anji's On combos too.

Based on the video, what should I come down to first? BnB? Super Jump buffering? On combos? FRC moves?

I still play AC, hit me up If you want some training one of these days, I will help break down Anji for you and specific match ups. I know a lot of the MD guys don't play much of AC these days but I still play just to mess around some new stuff just in case. holla!

Unfortunately I'm starting college this week (GMU). I'll try this stuff out in training mode in the meantime. Maybe I'll find human opponents in the lounging room... I'll definitely try to make time for human practice with MD guys during the summer though. The only practice I usually get out of humans are at conventions. Guess why half my day is spent in the gaming room. I want to meet people. I want to play people... though half of the people I play are scrubs who are worse than me (I simply counterpick with Baiken half the time). You don't get practice picking Baiken against a Slayer and winning. :/ That really happened once.

Hey guys i have a couple of direct feed videos i was hoping you could point out a few things for me on, i know i'm not very good and drop a few too many combos but any critique is welcome, don't be afraid to be harsh about it, also what combos off of anjis hops (214 P/K)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGoj_gmqo0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7Va6ZWT68

I was a little worse than normal due to on a different stick but need blatant hit confirms and things i shouldn't do pointing out (I know Fujin> HS is one of my bad habits)

Lots of fuujin's>FB Rin mid-screen to full-screen? I have a bad habit for HS Fujin as well, but don't toss those out mid-screen and think they may hit. If it will connect, use it. If its a guessing game where you hope it will, don't. Jam can just punish you insanely for it. Also, when you land On, go for shitsu. I've just been learning about On's properties as well, and its great for a butterfly set-up. In the first match, at 1:58 you FB shitsu full-screen... maybe slip of the button or something, but that is still a mess up. If you thought Jam was gonna puffball from full-screen, they'd probably choose FB puffball, but I'm not sure if it would go through or not. Also, HS fuujin will cause wallbounce at the corner, and the opponent will bounce above and around you, disallowing the Rin follow up. Know where you are. Careful of 5H when Jam is right next to you. I think her 2D beats out anytime. You did better second round, but careful when throwing out On randomly like that. And those air stomps. Some people on reaction will simply air throw you. After fuujin and using P-follow up, you can airdash or chuck an attack out as you fall so you aren't so vulnerable. But yeah, puffball's really suck don't they? ---------------- The POT match was really interesting, and I couldn't help but laugh when you insta-killed him. On a serious note, butterfly him to death. And if you have the timing down, double shitsu him to death. You can jump but be carefl about it, because he can HPB you or heatfist. Uhm, lawlz for the insta-kill again. XD

The POT match was me rushing to get killed tbh and look like I'm semi trying, i saw a kof 12 setup and i hadn't played the game yet, i was using the stick i use specifically for my HOS, the stick i use for my AN is being modded right now so i was off (I play AN on a square gate and HOS on a circle) so i was doing bits i didn't want too. I was throwing On out alot because this Jam player likes (Fire kick) cross ups alot so i was expecting him to do it and punish. but he held back on it. Can i get air thrown out of the smaller stomp?

If its used as a running p-stomp oki cross-up, most likely not. But if its a simple p-stomp, they'll probably try to hit you out or airthrow you.

Puffbals can easily be dodged on reaction with 6P (don't even try to HS fuujin that) for painful damage, that should make her think twice before doing it too much. But you have to be careful if she starts doing her low kick instead (236S > K). Also regarding P and K stomps, they're best used as meaty attacks otherwise you leave yourself pretty much opened for punishement especially K stomp (free throw for your opponent if you land too close to him and he instant blocks it), P stomp is relatively safe to use in certain blockstrings covered by the butterfly and also in pressure strings once in a while if you're not too close/not to far from your opponent (so that you can't be airthrown or you won't simply whiff your move). After both stomps from midscreen I recommend SJI combos for good damage or simply S > HS if you want to knock your opponent down. In corner your best option is knockdown orb combos but they're quite hard and vary a lot depending on which character you are facing, I don't know if there's some sort of list for such combos in these forums or not... Anyway you can also simply dash and K > S > On not the best thing to do but easy and you keep the advantage.

Super Jump Install. Basically this require you to put a fake jump between two jump cancellable moves without actually jumping and then super jumping (SJ). Thus you sort of "store" your fake jump and you will be able to double jump after your super jump which you can't do normally. As for actual SJI combos for Anji we have for example : - 214P/K > S > Jump Install > S > super jump > jK > jP > jS > double jump > jK > jS > jHS > jD for lightweights - 214P/K > S > Jump Install > S > super jump > jS > jP > jS > double jump > jK > jS > jHS > jD for midweights - 214P/K > S > Jump Install > S > super jump > jS > jP > jK > jS > double jump > jK > jS > jHS > jD for highweights With a few variations for certain characters and you have to do the first S faster if you start with 214P.

Keep in mind that just doing a jump install isn't enough to do a lot of those combo's, you have to perform a momentum preserved jump cancel (also referred to as normal jump canceling) with the install to get those longer combos after the double jump. It's kind of convoluted and not nearly as useful as it was in slash, so i'd recommend working on basic combos more and worrying about these tactics later on. You'll get much more use out of learning how to do basic jump combos that can knockdown with a low orb or low J.HS to go with basic FB Rin combos.

All are entertaiing vids. Watch it if your going to chase Milla from half screen with FB Rin. 214P is good mixup wakeup game, but people will wise up to it. Switch your tactics every here and there. Then again its MI. I play POTs but no MI's so my opinion is so-so. One of your Order-Sol vids is labeled wrong. You have yourself playing as OS but labeled it AN. Its kinda deceiving on youtube. Oh yeah, don't empty charge when OS.

Concerning your play, like Hi-C said you're doing too much crossup P stomps as oki, sure it's a good thing to throw out once in a while but it's very telegraphed and you won't catch your opponent very often with it. Anji's Okizeme is incredibly diversified and that's what makes his strength even though he is a relatively weak character. So make sure to vary your okizeme a lot. I have a general mindset regarding what okizeme to use in what situation that I think is quite good : - First, you should use butterfly okizeme as much as possible because you can get almost countless different variations from it. A lot of knockdowns lead to such okizeme as 2D, normal throw (even though normal throw doesn't give you enough time for all kind of setups), On, fuujin S followup. On such knockdowns the only viable reason for not using butterfly is that your opponent is pretty good at getting out of your variations because he guesses right very often, or if you are playing against Baiken (who limits your options after butterfly a lot because of her counters). - And a second type of knockdown is when you don't have time to throw out a butterfly as an okizeme for example H followup of fuujin, FB kou after autoguard and a lot of situations including sometimes when you are too close from the corner to make butterfly okizeme work (sometimes it goes behind the screen, not hitting your opponent). In such cases you should mixup running meaty 2S, meaty 214P, meaty 3K which is very good to bait reversal throws and meaty 214K provided you are at the right distance. Speaking of meaty 214K, the best knockdown to set it up is without any doubt fuujin H followup, because on most characters if you do 214K almost straight away after knocking someone down with fuujin H followup, it will hit as a perfect meaty. Don't forget you can also FRC this move for more mixup goodness (FRC, land and throw or FRC and HS while landing down to counter them if they start throwing in reaction to your FRC). Back on topic I think you missed a lot of opportunities to do damage off 214P because you tried to combo K, 6S, afterwards which doesn't work. Best thing to do is S, 6S then air combo but we already talked about that earlier. Regarding the matchup against Millia, it's a really tough one. Basically you should try to block everytime on okizeme because she has so strong okizeme that she is hardly counterable by Anji's options (especially fuujin). Attempting anything on wake up will most of the time just get you killed faster. On approach, if she is not doing anything you should never try to approach her by trying to jump/IAD on her because her 6P is really good and leads to painful combo + deadly oki at the end. Be patient, wait for her to throw out the pin and dodge it, then attempt a grounded approach. Also I noticed your opponent was very jump happy, you should try to catch him in the air with a forward super jump kick sometimes especially if he already threw the pin out. Also if you're H fuujin happy as I can be sometimes be sure to watch out for her "hair car" (214P) as it will beat fuujin everytime... When you're pressuring her, watch out for her roll and be sure to punish it with a throw. Most Millia players like to do it as an escape to butterfly mixup after blocking the first hit of shitsu, so try to not leave a gap after that, or if you do be sure to do moves with fast recovery so that you can punish her for trying.

Thanks alot Dream Maker, big big help once again! :) Yeah i know the vids are labelled wrong, a friend did it lol. I use the P cross up stomp because as i said before not on my proper stick, it's stiff and a custom circle gate, which doesn't suit Anji for me, so it's an easy option into block string/fujin guessing game. I normally hunt out for the roll to score knockdown with 2D, fact i rinse 2D on Millia, can 2D her under discs at the end of em, I quite like the Millia match-up myself, my Anji was generally off that day, my Bridget and HOS were my strong point that day lol.

Sign in to follow this