Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

or just 214P, 5P, airthrow lololol

Uhm no. 5P On would be much better it's a guranteed knockdown and perfect butterfly.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!

Tech traps aren't all they're cracked up to be. Most high level players wont tech right away.

It's true, most high level people will not tech unless they know it's really safe. Of course this will depend on the knowledge of your match-up vocabulary and chances of falling for their tech traps / air throw resets are weighed on how often you see it etc. Also for using Anji you should definitely try to get used to be able to see every air throw opportunity everytime and be able to think of *air throw* as you anti air tool..even if it's not from reset etc. Also to keep in mind Anji don't have felxible options like Millia, ABA, Eddie...plus more when it comes to baiting good air throws or reset combos because of the way he is designed. So when you see an opportunity for gauranteed knockdown, go for it. Don't bother with flashy stuff especially if it's your chance to pin them down with wake up pressure, which in a nutshell is the better 50/50 option and puts you in upper hand from start possibly. So don't make the mistake of letting the match go from trying to go for flashy resets especially against harder match ups such as eddie, it can only take one mistake in several match ups to put anji back in his hole.

Let's talk about May, and how much we all hate her. Fought one last night. No matter what I did, it was CH J.H to Lame Loop. Rinse and repeat twice for death. WTF. The only move I could land on her was a 5D thanks to Autoguard. I tried 6S to poke with, no avail. Butterfly was quickly clipped. Help >.>

when all other anti airs fail, anji always has two options - 6K autoguard into P special - air throw I have no exp in May matchup so that's all I can help you with.

when all other anti airs fail, anji always has two options

- 6K autoguard into P special

- air throw

This is pretty good. But don't forget about Backdash. Lastly the best AA ever. Jump, IB, land throw. Slymoogle IB FTW

ummm =) i can't play AC T_T i don't have PS2...even if i had it...its impossible for me to play on pad...stick or keyboard(best)...and my stick can connect only to ps3 and pc xD so...i'm waiting for new GG series on ps3 ;) maybe u can tell me here? basic combos...like air combo....k>s>hs>d...e.t.c %)

His basic air combo is 214P > c.S > f.S(JI) > SJ > j.S > j.P > j.S(JC) > j.P > j.S > j.D I believe his B&B was something like 5K > 5S > 5H > 236S>S, but that doesn't even start with a low so I'm not sure. #Reload Anji was pretty much just a gimmick character that relied on guard points and unblockable butterfly setups. EDIT: The guide that Dawnbringer posted is really good.

ummm =) i can't play AC T_T i don't have PS2...even if i had it...its impossible for me to play on pad...stick or keyboard(best)...and my stick can connect only to ps3 and pc xD so...i'm waiting for new GG series on ps3 ;)

maybe u can tell me here? basic combos...like air combo....k>s>hs>d...e.t.c %)

My friends and I got Accent Core working on his step-father's PS3. However, maybe 4 times out of 5 it would get stuck on one of the loading screens (the Arc System Works one, I think). So, if you ever really want Accent Core I know that it will work on the PS3, but not reliably.

OMG Fan super was stupid in XX I forgot.

My advice is combo into fan super.

Jeez.

Lets not forget you could On without FRC.

somekinda launcher -> On -> Fan Super -> On -> Fan Super -> On :eng101:

Lets not forget you could On without FRC.

somekinda launcher -> On -> Fan Super -> On -> Fan Super -> On :eng101:

actually you had to be very close for that to work.

Overdrive that looks like the big fan is spinning around...That's Fan super I think.

Overdrive that looks like the big fan is spinning around...That's Fan super I think.

QFT.

Fan Super was amazing. You can combo into it for like half life damage.

actually you had to be very close for that to work.

Yeah, On had such a short range. I only had XX before AC so when I tried to On in AC I was like "Holy shit, Anji can FLY. :psyduck: "

Actually back in XX Anji had the greatest super. After throw you can do: butterfly > fan super > frc > run in close > 2k >(fan should close at the same time with 2k...60% plus damage) > ON > sj. any combo.....80-90% damage. Frc super unblockable. That was the reason why his frc timing changed in #R.

I've started using Fan Super FRC in AC. It doesn't do a lot, but I'm just happy I can do a FRC >.> Questions: What's a good string to do if I air dash in and connect with a kick that when I land the beat counter will continue? Sometimes I do IAD-->K-S-P (land)K-S-H-blahblah Is there a better one? 2: K-JI-S-K-S-P-P-P-S-jc-SPD is my typical JI combo. Is there one that either deals more damage or gives knockdown? I feel like a n00b just spamming P but I know it's doing very little damage. 3: Is P-On better than KS On? Which situations would P be preferable? 4:> How are both the Butterfly and the Stomps (preferably P stomp) work as far as getting the crossover? 5: Are there any useful combos from a FRC'd Fan Super? How about uses for the Autoguard super? (Invin frames, wide hitboxes, etc) and how does the FRC aid this other than safety?

1. Here's the problem, if your airdash string ends with jP, it will be hard/impossible to continue the combo. I heavily recommend ending airdash string in jS if you wish to continue to combo. 2. that combo works? lol ill have to check on it 3. P is only preferable when you think it will work but KS will not, otherwise KS is better. Use P if htey are high up, use KS if they are lower or you have time. 5S is better than KS though if you can get it, and 6P5S is best of all raw dmg wise but also least easy to land cause you only can after FB rins and things in corner. 4. you can see that in videos I'm gonna put up soon cause i did a lot of P stomps using the butterfly to set it up the crossup 5. no clue. autoguard super is best as a finisher and when you RC/frc they can burst if they have one so I don't have a set frc/RC combo with it atm I don't understand the combo you posted.

Actually Anji's superjump combos are generally the same and only needs minor alterations among different characters. The non-knockdown ones I can think of are 1. Works on most characters: sj-S-P-S-djc-P-S-D (easiest one to land, especially after a Pstomp-c.S-f.S) sj-S-P-S-djc-S-P-S-D (most damaging of the three but slightly harder to execute because of the S-djc-S) sj-S-P-S-djc-P-K-S-D (somewhere in the middle, after cramming that K in there for some damage) 2. Best for floatier characters: sj-K-S-djc-K-S-D sj-K-S-djc-S-P-S-D (more damage then the former) 3. Best for larger, easier to combo characters (well, you get more damage than variation #1): sj-S-P-K-S-djc-S-P-K-S-D (If I remember correctly, the first K is actually needed to continue the combo on Potemkin) All of the above are independent of whether or not they're in the corner and they're all pretty basic and easy JI-superjump combos. AFAIK, the only sj combos that are corner dependent are the ones that end with orb knockdown (though I'm not sure if it's always guaranteed), or jD-fall-jH knockdown. Otherwise, if they're simply too far for an On knockdown after a grounded juggle from a stomp or FB Rin, then all the stuff I listed should work for getting reasonable damage as follow-ups with little worries about being character specific. No need to spam P in an air combo as Anji can fit plenty of S's in. So in short, should you get a combo with a bad corner bounce (when FB Rin bounces them against and AWAY from the wall), you can still get around the same amount or slightly more follow-up damage as you would in a B&B in a situation such as: S-H-HS Fuujin (right up against the wall)-FB Rin (bounce away from wall)-run towards them-K-S-sj-S-P-S-djc-P-K-S-D would still net you around the ~170-200 damage depending on the character's defense ratings. Just my two cents.