Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

Yes. If you're really close to the wall, you can just run up > 5S (sometimes 5H) > some sort of Fuujin Loop or Superjump Combo. If you're a little further, K Kai > RC > etc will usually get you a combo.

So I picked up Anji very recently, in the last two weeks, and I was wondering about some of his JI or non-JI air combos that have a j.H > j.D in them. I can never seem to nail them in training mode so I've been stuck with SPS jc SPS D or something to that effect. I was wondering what sets up these combos, and what general sequence one can apply to set up a j.H > j.D where the j.D doesnt whiff and I get a tastey orb.

to combo into orb you generally need the corner also the jH into jD is sort of character specific. before doing whatever your starter is for the juggle (5SS or whatever) let them fall about horizontal to you before hitting them. then superjump at themwith jK and delay it as long as you can with still being able to gatling to jS, then do jSHDorb

When using a RC in a combo how much damage (by numbers) is it worth it? 150? 170? 200? For some reason in matches i have all this extra tension lying around but i dont want to waste it.

I doubt blowing 25% more tension will net you any fantastic damage other than starting a combo from RC like 3P...

I played with the Ex anji in the GGXXAC+ yesterday Anji ex has the old 6H and 5H and I think, in the next GG, anji will recover his autoguard :keke: :keke: :keke: PLEASE ARCSYS.... :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay: :yaaay:

it mostly sucks but you can still get some extra damage with it in the corner off some things, sometimes knockdown guide will be updated when my laziness subsides...I've got most of the update done but need to add some stuff still it's not nearly as practical as it was in slash which was like....over a year ago...so I shouldn't still be seeing posts like that. no offense :keke:

If you're at a height where orb will lead to knockdown, you're better off with the extra okizeme setup time by just stopping with jHS/jD and a backdash when you land. Unless you really need the damage, but then you should be doing some jump install S P S ^ S P S D shit or something.

Unless you really need the damage, but then you should be doing some jump install S P S ^ S P S D shit or something.

that jump instal combo is the B&B midscreen combo, but orb combos near the corner do more damage

SP(delay)S (fast)> PSHD orb

that jump instal combo is the B&B midscreen combo, but orb combos near the corner do more damage

SP(delay)S (fast)> PSHD orb

jP (delay) jS doesn't give them time to tech..?

jP (delay) jS doesn't give them time to tech..?

They don't tech.

It gives Anji the momentum from a super jump that you normally lose when you JC.

It was a Slash Anji staple.

cool, I didn't know jP had that much untechable time I guess. I have some On followup questions when I need damage I do something like sjK, S, P, S, D... and if I could pull off the sjK, pause, airthrow bait (I don't know why I can't do that... even in like training mode, I can do other air throw baits) I'd use that occasionally... what characters do things like HS fuujin follow up work on? Or is that S fuujin?

I'm confused by your question S and H fujin have the same followups...what situation do you want to know about?

I'm fairly new to Guilty Gear and I've been hearing how Anji is really bad all over the place, but I can't find any descriptions as to why he's so bad. He seems pretty balanced from the videos I've watched, but I don't have much experience playing as Anji against skilled opponents. What makes Anji the worst character in Guilty Gear?

Anji is now technically not the worst character in the game anymore,but here's his bad points: -Tension required to do any sort of REAL damage -extremely risky move-set -high risk low rewards character -does not have a high damage combo that ends with knockdown (compared to the rest of the cast) -has holes in his pressure strings -no rewarding overheads -huge hitboxes,he's one of the EASIEST characters to combo -hardly any advantageous match-ups,if any at all (Johnny has more power than him,so I think that match-up is even,don't know if anyone else is closer to this match-up other than himself) And here's what he's good for: -getting out of pressure,but if you're already being pressured,that's not a good thing really -easy to pick up and learn The videos you watched must be the top Anji players,such as Domi/Lime-key/Dry Ace/ANG.