Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Questions and Answers

Checked this against my illogical combo and it does ~14 more damage on average. This is what I was looking for, thanks Mystical. I personally find c.S f.S JI's harder but probably from never doing them. 1. Is c.S f.S after a P Stomp better than K S or better than KS in all instanced where it will hit? 2. Whats the typical Dust Combo? I use 5D ^ J.D J.D j.K j.Px3 J.S djc. j.S j.P j.P j.D. Yet again another spam P that I want to find the better use for. Thanks guys.

1. using 5S,6S is for when you think you are out of reach of 5K,5S. But normally, you can dash - 5K5S then combo...but I'm lazy so 5S,6S is for me @_@ 2. Typical dust is D 8 DDSPS JI SPSD. Yes, typical sj pattern works too.

I personally find c.S f.S JI's harder but probably from never doing them.

Yup, the timing on this one is harder to learn but actually not that much harder,if at all, in terms of execution once you know the superjump timing. I'd say you should learn it as it's also very useful on a c.S-f.S AA hit hitconfirm into superjump combo.

1. IMO c.S-f.S is better simply because it deals more damage than K-S and it's easy to land after a P Stomp. The only reason why c.S-f.S would lose to K-S is that your superjump combos are slightly more difficult and limited after a c.S-f.S (though I believe you can still get more damage most of the time), S comes out slower than K and is no good if you don't have enough time to hit them before certain characters land, and there's no such thing as c.S-f.S-On.

Another thing that bugs me a little about f.S is that it seems to have a very wide "cancel" window in the sense that you can jump cancel or special cancel during a large portion of the move's active frames. I found this out by dropping f.S juggle sj combos and the fact that c.S-f.S-S Fuujin actually combos but only with good timing (?). If anyone has some more in-depth information on f.S it would be pretty nice for everyone to know.

Also, IIRC, the K-c.S-f-S grounded juggle actually gets you the MOST damage but all the same it's not possible after P stomp, slightly limits follow-up options, and is more difficult to execute due to the superjump timing <-- the risk is to either mess up the superjump and end up with a normal jump, or you superjump too late and they tech out of the f.S juggle so it'll need more practice than the easier combos.

2. Chomite mentioned the the good basic one and it's worked for me. If you mash D hard enough you can fit about 3 D's before the superjump pattern:yaaay:.

I've also heard of ID combos with Anji but I'm not sure how those go. If anyone can fill in on this it would be great since I heard that Anji's ID combo is useful.

stomp combo I usually use P stomp > 5SS (JI) sj jSPS dj jSPSD does 145 dmg on Sol knockdown variation: P stomp > 5S5H you can do P stomp > dash 2P5S/5K5S On but it's more character specific and more difficult, also switches sides which can be good or bad. Impossible Dust Basic combo: Dust > ID jH > (land) On works on all characters. damage is crappy but you get knockdown. it's extremely easy, actually easier than doing a standard dust combo

Is there a list detailing exactly which characters can be hit by a HS Fuujin after On? I'm sure most of the floatier chars can, but which others? 5S xx On, HS Fuujin -> FB Rin into combo and/or knockdown is probably the most efficient and damaging follow-up you can get for either a Stomp or ID launch, so surely it's worth looking into and implementing.

mostly on lightweights aka girls that aren't aba but can work on middlewieghts too maybe ill make a list soon, maybe

Is there a list detailing exactly which characters can be hit by a HS Fuujin after On? I'm sure most of the floatier chars can, but which others? 5S xx On, HS Fuujin -> FB Rin into combo and/or knockdown is probably the most efficient and damaging follow-up you can get for either a Stomp or ID launch, so surely it's worth looking into and implementing.

I spent a couple hours messing with stomp combos last night. The thing that bothers me about the fujin after On combos is that you almost always need FB rin to combo after the 236H, but I guess usually you've got some meter to burn. You can do some pretty sweet stuff though on some characters

examples:

slayer

214P > dash 5K5S On > KSH wait till he is horizontal to you before pressing button. good damage and knockdown for no meter cost.

faust

man you can do a lot of shit on this guy lol. iad jKSH after On is not too hard

you can also 236H-(delay)H after the 236H to hit him no matter where he is on the screen, which doesn't normally work

It's very character specific what you can get though. Also some characters are more easily hit with On than others. The Slayer combo works on dizzy but she's harder to On so stomp needs to hit closer/you need better timing on her.

I'll make a post with more random stomp combos and hopefully a list of chars you can On > 236H later.

On a semi-related note, if you MUST combo after a fangrab for whatever reasons (to look flashy or something, since it adds little damage and usually in exchange for the knockdown or some tension), you can On-236S-FB Rin some characters in the corner provided that you landed On in the corner but facing away from the corner. Even then, with a 5 frame difference in startup, 236S after On can be hard to time depending on how long your combo has been up till the fangrab, but it's not quite so limited to floaty characters since 236S starts up faster.

One example of such an application: you 5S Jam from a perfect distance from the wall for a fancy combo-

5S-5H-236H-(K)hop-5K-5S-On-236S-FB Rin-walk forward a little-5K-5S-On-overdrive (optional flashiness)

If you try this combo in practice mode, you'll see that the damage after the FB Rin is scaled down to almost nothing, and you need the FB after both S and HS Fuujin for an actual post-On combo. You can always spend the 25% (or maybe even 75%) tension if you absolutely need to kill those last pixels of health though. An alternative is 236S/H-S(Nagiha) for a decent knockdown and no tension cost with some of the extra damage.

Should we strictly talk about On-236H combos with normal float height after On though, then the characters that immediately come to mind are Jam, May, and Baiken because not only are they very floaty, but their vertical hitboxes are small as well (correct me if I'm wrong on this one) which results in a longer period of staying airborne before they actually touch the ground and gain the OTG property.

Yeah, you can 236S against most characters after On corner drop. Depending on the character you can land S,D, or H followups. It matters a lot how many hits where in the combo till this point though. Also you can 5H in this situation.

Hey I did testing. From a stomp into dash 5K5S On (or air throw into 5S On) you can do 236H on these characters di, ch, ja, ba, ma, mi however to combo further without a corner nearby you will need meter for FB Rin Yet, on the following characters you can do it and get 236H-(slight delay)H regardless of screen location. easy: anji, faust, i-no moderate: axl, aba (timing on the 236H after On is a bit harder) hard: sol (both the timing on the 236H and the timing on the H followup are harder than normal) I hope that helps.

RYAN BILL GET OUT OF MY THREAD!!!

SEE YOU TONIGHT GURL!

There's no Anji combo thread at the moment, so I figure it's okay to ask this here. In the GGAC tier list thread it listed Anji's average damage by saying he can get 40% for 25% Tension regardless of positioning. My question is: What combo works anywhere, on anyone, and does 40%? And does it involve an FRC or an FB?

the GGAC tier list thread is honestly full of bullshit so don't believe half the stuff you see in there well maybe only 20% bullshit or so, lol Anji needs 25% meter to get 40% life damage in most cases because he needs force break Rin. Simplest would be like 5S5H 236H-D 2366H-H but usually you're in range to do something better after the second 236H, like KS On. Almost all Anji's normals can lead to 40% life damage (roughly) using FB Rin and dashing fujin.

enemy string/okizeme then the thing in () is when you do the autoguard move with anji Standing pressure examples: high/mid: Ky 6P blocked (6K) 6H low: Slayer 6K blocked (3K) 2K The low example is a lot harder because you're in blockstun longer from the initial move. In both cases if you mash on K when doing 6K/3K you'll get guaranteed K special Okizeme examples: all are 1 frame timing so same difficulty regardless of high/mid or low as long as their attack is meaty high/mid: Sol 2P (6K) low: Sol 2K (3K) Time for right before you would normally get hit in all cases. Obviously use the recording feature for this training.

I wish. I seen him at two C3 tournaments in northern VA. He actually beat me first round at the Nov C3, which was when I first met him, and played casuals with him at the Dec C3 even though I didn't enter cause I was feeling sick. I went back to college and couldn't get a ride so I missed the big C3 on Saturday that kenji won. Sometimes I talk to him on aim though and I copied a couple things from when I played him. He's got crazy amount of matchup exp compared to me among other things. He actually uses 3Sc combos in tournaments now. and his zappa is broooke. lol Hey guys from now on I propose that when talking about 3S cancels we just type "3Sc" for easiness. like 5S 3Sc 5S

Kinda selfish, but i think there should be a big sexy thread on autoguarding, or atleast a thread that is easy to find out what moves are best used to auto guard what. I see a lot of this in the matchup threads but it doesn't go into very much depth. I'd like to help but im noob and don't wanna give out wrong info.

I dunno about making a whole thread but basically 6K and 3K are the moves used with intent to autoguard because they activate from frame 1, meaning you can do them while rising after a knockdown. you may as well think of them as parries in this game because of how rarely they occur unless you try for it, since other than 6S none of anji's moves with autoguard property are good poles as for what specials to use from the autoguards, use K for ground to ground, use P for anti air. generally any move that causes the opponent to jump you are better off going for P, such as against slayer's 6K, sol's riot stomp, etc there are a lot of projectiles and things that are pretty safe to autoguard into K special unless they have meter to frc. for example as long as not too far away K special is guaranteed after autoguarding a gunflame from sol, however if he frcs he will be able to block it other than the P and K specials you have the D and the overdrive ones. D one is very unsafe if they burst at the right time as you are going up because they will land before you and get free combo, so be careful with it and try not to use in a situation where it could be blocked or bursted. They can probably instant kill you if either of those happens. overdrive is not burstable obviously but if they manage to block it for whatever reason you'll be in for a world of hurt. the plus side of these is that they have huge hitboxes so you don't have to distinguish between whether they are in the air or the ground.

wow awesome stuff, i nvr knew 3k had a autoguard from the first frame, thanks for the info. Is it always possible to catch someone with 2366hs after a fb rin anywhere on the screen? If not, are there some sj or iad combos i can do when desperate for damage?

sometimes you are too far away even for dashing fujin, but usually it's not the case. make sure to go on training and make sure your 2366H input is correct, you may also want to delay it a little bit I like iad SH cause I think it has more range than dashing fujin but that doesn't work on everyone. i use it somewhat often against Sol if the 2D hits too far away and you are midscreen against someone like, ky, i think you are shit outta luck though, run up and shitsu oki i guess

I notice you commented on one of my videos. Coincidentally I do a wakeup 3K autoguard against Slayer's 2K in that one so maybe that would be demonstration for you if you didn't catch it the first time. Only do if you are pretty damn sure though cause in general the risk vs reward is not so hot, but used sparingly can get you out of a lots of shit.

Here is a neat trick using p or k counters. This is a minor strat but useful... when you land a p or k counter and your opponent has a burst you can RC it (only when they burst anytime) and catch them right before they land from either version into any air combo or air throw set ups. It's great to get into the habit of using this trick to condition your opponent into not bursting during the p or k counters. But also keep a close eye during these animations since it's very easy to react to. -Kenji