Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

BBCS2 Loketest 4: Oct. 23 Discussion (NO COMPLAINING)

Jumping out with barrier is already an overwhelmingly strong defensive option, even more so for Arakune because of his 3F jump. .

I'd like to note that Ara's jump got nerfed last loketest and now has a longer startup.

Can someone update first page with all changes/make a post with all changes from every loketest?

I don't like wading through shitposts for info.

I'd like to note that Ara's jump got nerfed last loketest and now has a longer startup.

I know that, it went from 3F to 6F. I was talking about how things stand now in CS and how they'll change in CS2.

I'm pretty sure they are talking about using one and the other one after it.
considering that this is the last loctest, is it a good time to say RIP Makoto? every nifty combo she had has gotten Rachel'd now.

Instead of taking the nerfs and applying them to your knowledge of how the game currently works, look at the bigger picture. There's a lot changes for the whole cast, and even some potentially huge system alterations by the looks of it. Within the scope of this new gameplay, all might yet be OK for your character.

6c flying but not wallbouncing mid screen. when i initially read it, i thought it would wallbounce mid screen, like in CT. that would lead to 6dd 2dd, but her swords do shitty damage now so it doesn't really matter. i don't get how they can make it not combo out of tk. from that i'm assuming no 5dd follow up. i guess that means shit tier! woooooo. i love averaging 2k per combo.

as for Goro type play: he zones like none other, but slower d moves and longer recover means that won't nearly be as effective any more.

I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm not liking the fact that they've decided into incorporating universal B, C and D attacks as air unblockable now, on the 4th and probably last lokelest.

I like the idea of the whole "this ain't arcana heart, bitches!" thing. But incorporating such major changes can really hurt the balance of all characters. Basically, sometimes the trade-off isn't all that high for a few characters like, say, Bang. He's got crazy mad offensive pressure, I can see him (or Litchi!) catching a lot of players much more now. Is the tradeoff equal? I doubt it. Asking a Bang or Litchi to actually learn to block probably does not compensate for that 'buff'. Some characters that already have trouble pressuring might have even a harder time now (some others don't even have good normals to catch the opponent in the air on blockstrings).

Anyway, my point is, if they really end the loketests now, I believe that things won't be as balanced as they would've been if we had kept the universal changes out of this. So, I really hope they do add a few more loketests in order to play and tweak with the 'new system' and balances for a little longer.

My thoughts exactly. I like the changes' direction, but I'm not too sure about their implementation.

I'm itching for some Tsubaki news. = /

Same, though the unblockable 5B's and 5C's in the air seem decent for her... well 5B anyway.

considering that this is the last loctest, is it a good time to say RIP Makoto? every nifty combo she had has gotten Rachel'd now.

It's more Noel'd, at the least their damage range seems like it'll end up similar, who knows how much damage double BBS does now.

Still <3 ground normal's being air unblockable without barrier. 5B > 2D(1) loops off anti-air? lol

lol tagers 5B being air unblockable.

I can honestly see this would make jumping in not a very wise thing to do.

especially if anyone can just 5A AA and combo you for it.

Learn to block without holding up and barrier.

You assume that's hard for some people. The majority of people who jump and Barrier to escape pressure are not affected by this at all. This just enforces that type of guard.

I say that the change is so big that the game's core mechanics are changed. It's an interesting concept to utilize, but 2 days of 1 loketest is not going to give enough feedback to tell if it's balanced right for Blazblue- especially when we get feedback from people that tell us Bang's 2A can't combo.

Besides, what's the purpose of AA moves now? Head invincibility? Some characters with long range pokes or disjointed hitboxes anyway don't have to care. Lambda's 5C/Hakumen C moves.

looks like everyone is becoming more of a "take the opp to the corner and rape them"

at 1st i was excited about cs2 bang but now theyre just doing the same to more chars. oh well... ill just see how he does in the final version

I don't get some people complaining about combos averaging 2k. Like, are you really used to get 3k+ combos all the freaking time?

I mean, Jin's meterless BnB mid-screen combos from his safest pokes all do around 2k, what's the big deal? Most characters have an average of 11k life. Meaning that 3k combos will kill you after 3 or 4 times (depending on your meter usage and poking in general). I have yet to understand people that complain about their top tier 3-4k meterless combos going down a thousand or so.

You assume that's hard for some people. The majority of people who jump and Barrier to escape pressure are not affected by this at all. This just enforces that type of guard.

I say that the change is so big that the game's core mechanics are changed. It's an interesting concept to utilize, but 2 days of 1 loketest is not going to give enough feedback to tell if it's balanced right for Blazblue- especially when we get feedback from people that tell us Bang's 2A can't combo.

That's exactly my thoughts. I wonder how all of this will turn out. It would be a better idea to either give us a couple more loketests or scrap the universal ground-to-air attacks unblockable business until BlazBlue 3.

Lambda's looking Rachel tier to me

WAH WAH MU IS DEAD OH WAIT NOW SHE'S GREAT YAY

WAH WAH THIS CHARACTER IS DEAD OH WAIT LOOK THAT INFORMATION WAS TROLL INFO I GUESS MY MINDLESS, CONTEXT-IGNORING BABBLING WAS WORTHLESS

holy fuck shoot me in the dick you people are fucking stupid and gullible as shit

chicken little forums

I don't know if I'm the only one but I'm not liking the fact that they've decided into incorporating universal B, C and D attacks as air unblockable now, on the 4th and probably last lokelest.

I like the idea of the whole "this ain't arcana heart, bitches!" thing. But incorporating such major changes can really hurt the balance of all characters. Basically, sometimes the trade-off isn't all that high for a few characters like, say, Bang. He's got crazy mad offensive pressure, I can see him (or Litchi!) catching a lot of players much more now. Is the tradeoff equal? I doubt it. Asking a Bang or Litchi to actually learn to block probably does not compensate for that 'buff'. Some characters that already have trouble pressuring might have even a harder time now (some others don't even have good normals to catch the opponent in the air on blockstrings).

Anyway, my point is, if they really end the loketests now, I believe that things won't be as balanced as they would've been if we had kept the universal changes out of this. So, I really hope they do add a few more loketests in order to play and tweak with the 'new system' and balances for a little longer.

thank you for a post that actually has some thought to it

i don't know why you/spirit juice are bringing up arcana/melty, though. you cant just mindlessly jump out of pressure in those games, you just have a more robust air game than BB. it seems to me that BB's actual air game isn't really affected because it's not like this change suddenly makes characters' air to airs worse or jump-in attacking worse, since..it's not like air unblockable matters when they're not blocking.

Can someone update first page with all changes/make a post with all changes from every loketest?

I don't like wading through shitposts for info.

Nigga I'm working on it. I actually do things other than babysit all the man-children on Dustloop.

I actually have to block mixups now!? This outraaaage!!!

Seriously have you guys played any game that isn't Blazblue where most normals aren't air blockable? Goddayum at least you have easy mode barrier guard.

lol tagers 5B being air unblockable.

I can honestly see this would make jumping in not a very wise thing to do.

especially if anyone can just 5A AA and combo you for it.

A attacks won't be air unblockables.

thank you for a post that actually has some thought to it

i don't know why you/spirit juice are bringing up arcana/melty, though. you cant just mindlessly jump out of pressure in those games, you just have a more robust air game than BB. it seems to me that BB's actual air game isn't really affected because it's not like this change suddenly makes characters' air to airs worse or jump-in attacking worse, since..it's not like air unblockable matters when they're not blocking.

Bringing up Arcana Heart was simply to exaggerate the whole jumping aerial game business. I know that you can't simply jump out of pressure, haha. Well, from a posts, it seems that the air-to-ground game will be affected. Apparently, Jin's own 5C beats all of his aerial attacks, so you can pretty much guess what can happen. It's a good idea but I don't think that it's polished enough.

I actually have to block mixups now!? This outraaaage!!!

Seriously have you guys played any game that isn't Blazblue where most normals aren't air blockable? Goddayum at least you have easy mode barrier guard.

I understand what you mean. Like, say, Street Fighter (other than 3rd Strike's parry), Dark Stalker, etc.

Wow. I don't believe that we're actually 1 for 3 on system changes I wanted for this game 0_o.

No 3d fighter wakeup system and scaled heat gain and we might be kind of money....

On another note, thread hasn't disappointed.

I wasn't talking about mindless jumping out of pressure in MB and Arcana (because I know you can't in either of those games), but rather that being in the air so much will be discouraged. Barrier is now more valuable, so being in the air and having to protect yourself more should discourage that kind of play. I'm not saying it'll get rid of it completely, but it should tone things down a bit.

Also, I'm not sure why Lambda players are crying. From what it seems like, 6C into Cavalier combos should still work in the corner?