Sign in to follow this  
Spirit Juice

BBCS2 Loketest 4: Oct. 23 Discussion (NO COMPLAINING)

I know hakumen got lowered, but Bang lost a primer too?

Yes. Bang now has five primers instead of six. The only character with more than five primers is Tager, who still has ten primers.

Taokaka:

+6C CH wall bounces (in shinjuku it only sent them flying)

-6A start up increased, 2B>6A won't combo

-5D's hit stun has decreased or DA recovery has increased? on crouchers 5DA>5B won't combo

-[2]8D has weirdly slowed (thanks ronove for the correction)

-Only DD can cancel from 3C (in corner can combo with 5B though)

-After 6B normal hits won't combo (up till shinjuku 5B could)

-CA motion changed to 6C, sends opponent flying, slides

So if I'm understanding this right and 3C can't be drive or special cancelled, Tao will have to use 6A to get into her aerial drive combos? That means less damage, and also means she gets very, very little off moves that won't combo into 6A (2B, 5C, 2C non-CH). Am I missing something or is that a big hit to her offense?

So if I'm understanding this right and 3C can't be drive or special cancelled, Tao will have to use 6A to get into her aerial drive combos? That means less damage, and also means she gets very, very little off moves that won't combo into 6A (2B, 5C, 2C non-CH). Am I missing something or is that a big hit to her offense?

I think Tao can still combo from 22C or 5C (22C is better) after a 6A->2D~B (if the 2D changes doesn't affect that), in CS a tauntless 5B->6A->2D~B->22C would do ~3600, but the damage is lower now since you can't do Cat2 loop and 2D~C->2D~A combos anymore. Also it seems that her first taunt still have 110% proration, so I think you can still do 1 taunt combos.

The real problem with the 3C nerf is that Tao 6A doesn't hit some characters crouching if you start the combo with 5B (j.C/j.B->5B is fine, unless against Mu) so 3C combos were more universal and easier. Tao also loses some oki (probably her only oki without taunt loop oki, but it's gone too) and 2B crossup with 3C nerf.

Acccording to loketests 1 and2, Carl, Rachel, and Jin. But Platinum may have been really good (I haven't heard anything short of what her moves do though), and I don't think anyone has commentedon the other characters (short of lolMuisn'tbreathing)

I'm worried about the strength of Tager, he received personal buffs and "buffs in the game system and almost no nerf ... virtually all the characters were weaker in some way (Rachel and some others are exceptions ...),

Tager seems to have become significantly stronger, I guess now he'll definitely go up in the tier, maybe even turn a new "Potemkin" (fear)

note: my god, a new Potemkin in the game! do not let this happen! my nightmares "Chipp. vs Pot." terrified me enough already! do not let this happen!

i made it through 18 pages then I got tired of reading =p I assume the front page is at least close to caught up.

crying over new system design, still crying over kune being less mobile than tager now (lolnerfallofkunesmobility) but i'm happy for new attack setups, still has the worst normals out of every character and now a useless overhead. trying to set up anything with kune is going to be scary shit now, goodbye psuedo-trap character -insert page of character crying-

also tager just got super scary now.

Tager will never become the new Potemkin. Even if he rises up to S tier he'll still be half as much fun as Pot.

Still I think having high tier grappler is ok. I loved fighting pot in GG and I love fighting Tager in BB. Those piglets and their hitboxes.

I'm worried about the strength of Tager, he received personal buffs and "buffs in the game system and almost no nerf ... virtually all the characters were weaker in some way (Rachel and some others are exceptions ...),

Tager seems to have become significantly stronger, I guess now he'll definitely go up in the tier, maybe even turn a new "Potemkin" (fear)

note: my god, a new Potemkin in the game! do not let this happen! my nightmares "Chipp. vs Pot." terrified me enough already! do not let this happen!

jesus_haha_no.jpg

Tager will never become the new Potemkin. Even if he rises up to S tier he'll still be half as much fun as Pot.

Still I think having high tier grappler is ok. I loved fighting pot in GG and I love fighting Tager in BB. Those piglets and their hitboxes.

I was talking on the item "brute force", "combat power", I mean, Tager probably not yet reached the "level Potemkin," but he is coming closer and closer ...

Item "Badass!" => Pot. > Tager, Tager looks like a "giant nerd who took steroids" near Pot., Pot. is a killing machine, a single definition of "monster muscled" carrying "bullets to kill elephant" in the "gloves (gauntlets would be better to say)" and literally using these bullets shot at point blank ... this is much more badass than Magnetism ...

Fun => I do not see pot. being so superior in this regard, I mean, the magnetism can not be as badass as "the glove loaded with explosive bullets, but surely bring moments of fun and lol!!

I was talking on the item "brute force", "combat power", I mean, Tager probably not yet reached the "level Potemkin," but he is coming closer and closer ...

Item "Badass!" => Pot. > Tager, Tager looks like a "giant nerd who took steroids" near Pot., Pot. is a killing machine, a single definition of "monster muscled" carrying "bullets to kill elephant" in the "gloves (gauntlets would be better to say)" and literally using these bullets shot at point blank ... this is much more badass than Magnetism ...

Fun => I do not see pot. being so superior in this regard, I mean, the magnetism can not be as badass as "the glove loaded with explosive bullets, but surely bring moments of fun and lol!!

please dont post ever again,

thanks in advance.

OMG OMG OMG TIER LIST CHANGE TIER LIST CHANGE

Guys, fuck off with your bullshit posts until you find another thread to shit all over. Besides, this test isn't even over.

*Is eagerly awaiting Rachel updates*

I really would like clarification on the new 5CC that has been mentioned. Some people say it auto winds, some people say it just slides on hit. Which is it?

If it DOES slide on hit, does anyone if her old BnBs can still hit? (5CC -> 236B etc.)

man you just totally described me there.

2C going from untechable to techable is a nerf bro..

bang's dmg just got cut in half.

also i'm not saying 4D is broken, or litchi's jC. THEY DONT WANT SILLY DMG COMBOS ANYMORE.

hince: all the loops are gone, the ability to combo off "killer" moves have been reduced etc.

We already went over this, techable 2C gives him more options in exchange for a bit of damage, and honestly I'd rather take a beastly pressure/mixup game over HURR I HAS DAMAGE. His damage output isn't even THAT borked to begin with, it's not even close to what Litchi and Ragna can do off just about everything.

What the fuck is a Folka

This is Folka. Now fund it. I'd pay to have this one.

On topic, seem like they are content with how has Rachel become now. Don't see many people talk about her, aside from "X has gone to Rachel tier".

3.6k is a whole lot better than 1.8. nobody has good mixup in BB... ever. (other than FRKZ and daishurin)

it just seems that your expecting bumper pressure to always be free after 2C which it won't be.

polka is refering to bohemian polka, who is running the aki-con tourney on the 6th of November

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9470-2010-Akicon-Tournament-%28BBCS-MBAA-SSF4-GGAC-%29-Coming-your-way-Nov-6!-Get-hype!

it willl be streamed... DONATE TO OUR POT, we are POVERTY!

*Is eagerly awaiting Rachel updates*

I really would like clarification on the new 5CC that has been mentioned. Some people say it auto winds, some people say it just slides on hit. Which is it?

If it DOES slide on hit, does anyone if her old BnBs can still hit? (5CC -> 236B etc.)

In addition to that, what if you do toss in a wind like the traditional combo to propel her forward. Wouldn't that mean you'd be right next to the downed opponent and dashes would be no longer needed after 5CC?

I hope this isn't all of the information that we're getting. for the 4th lok

I really wanna hear more about Litchi. Combo-wise, what can she do now without untechable staffless j.C?

Her staffless j.c downs again, aside from that, nothing new has surfaced.

This is Folka. Now fund it. I'd pay to have this one.

On topic, seem like they are content with how has Rachel become now. Don't see many people talk about her, aside from "X has gone to Rachel tier".

YES! Thank you ^_^.

Burst change is interesting. Looks like they want to see more guard breaks (and rewards off them). See where that goes if it's in the final version.

Thinking about it, must be nice playing Lambda?

man, your post is full of fucking win. I don't think i ever could agree with anything else posted on dustloop as much as this.

those JP players don't stand a chance.

Im guessing this was a reply to the post i deleted. I was actually quite tanked when i wrote it, and i didnt want the topic to stray...haha

But yeah Alchohol would be the perfect balance patch when it comes to US vs JP players. Tolerence vs Skill.

Very strange.

Give less reward to offense, focusing more on resets and combos into the corner rather than damage, but giving more reward to breaking defensive measures and turtling. Remove combos from a reversal and incorporate wall bounds, to promote and exclude higher damage to corner.

Downplay defense nigh completely, punishing someone for blocking and ultimately by getting their guard broken. Break Bursts are also rounded differently. Nerf jump outs substantially, giving more precedence to barrier blocking, in many situations and punishing people for bursting defensively.

I'm not sure, this sense of balance is offsetting.

Oh well.