Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

Hi.

GIANT LIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T POST IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT WILL BE DELETED AND I WILL BE MAD

• "I'm so gonna main her."
  • "Stop stealing my main."
  • "I'm gonna main her to troll."
  • "If you main her, you're [whatever]."
  • Anything regarding any Mahou Shoujo series beyond "X is a reference to Y."
  • trolololololol
  • Pedophilia.
  • Even mild pedophilia.
  • Shit talk.
  • Reposting the goddamn horsey screenshot. We get it. She rides a fucking horsey and it's hilarious and she hugs Jubei dolls and that's also hilarious.
  • Y'know what? Play it safe and stick to gameplay/news. That's a good idea, just do that.

'

Okay, so, go for it.

Y'know what? Play it safe and stick to gameplay/news. That's a good idea, just do that.

That's what we should've done.....in the beginning. Lets see gameplay wise, her CH AA pokes lead into some pretty awesome combos, and as far as news wise Loketest4 can handle that. Hopefully, nothing surprising like "making an already godlike poke even more godlike" happens this time around.

READ THIS READ THIS (FOR PLATINUM GAMEPLAY INFORMATION)

Old post, and old quotes rendered useless by the newly formed Platinum=The=Trinity DATA page. Go there and fill your mind with knowledge.

We'd need a hitbox video to know for sure, but... probably. Unless her staff is also part of her hitbox, for some stupid reason.

Her hair could also possibly be a part of her hitbox, which would also be pretty silly, making for another potential Rachel-box. Neither would be nice to see.

Gonna repost my gameplay questions in case we'll get proper answers to them:

- How many charges do you get with SUGOI Loli Install magic? Only one or as much as usual for that specific item? Basically, can you spam it, or can you only use more than one charge with Mystic Momo? (Different sources answer this question differently).

- What happens if you throw out SUGOI short-range item? That lion staff doesn't look like you can throw it. Are the properties of thrown short-range items the same, anyways?

- Still no idea on what Foreign Melody does?

No idea what Foreign Melody does yet, the rest of the questions I'm not sure how to answer.

I'll be reposting the references here

Air Persia-Persia, the Magic Fairy

Dream Sally-Sally the Witch

Swallow Moon-Sailor Moon

Mami Circular-Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel

Mystic Momo-Magical Princess Minky Momo

Dramatic Sammy-Magical Girl Pretty Sammy

Foreign Melody-Onegai My Melody

Miracle Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne

Cute Dot Typhoon-Pretty Cure Series

Bat Install Upgrade (Excaliborg)-Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan

Air Dash-Cardcaptor Sakura

Astral Heat (Rumored)-Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Palettes

Miku Hatsune (Vocaloid)

Mato Kuroi (Black Rock Shooter)

Cure Dream (Yes! Pretty Cure 5!)

Cure Sunshine (Heartcatch Pretty Cure)

http://generalnantoka.blog35.fc2.com/

Tons of details on Platinum, Falling Melody is apparently useless, it just deals some damage to downed opponents. You can't even follow it into anything.

Don't have enough time to look deeper into it, I'll try to translate everything that's new in about six hours. Of course, if no one will do that before me.

Which move is the Thanos capture bubble? Does it work like Jin's ice, or can you "pop" them, like Dizzy's bubbles?

http://generalnantoka.blog35.fc2.com/

Tons of details on Platinum, Falling Melody is apparently useless, it just deals some damage to downed opponents. You can't even follow it into anything.

Don't have enough time to look deeper into it, I'll try to translate everything that's new in about six hours. Of course, if no one will do that before me.

uuugh, that's really unfortunate. Was really hoping it would be a sort of combo-continuer/oki/something neat, but I guess she can't have everything.

Which move is the Thanos capture bubble? Does it work like Jin's ice, or can you "pop" them, like Dizzy's bubbles?

Idk what the input is, but I've seen the bubbles get popped by Hazama's chains, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that any projectile will cancel them out.

Edit: I'm hoping that Plat can use one or all of bombs/bottles/bubbles as a defense against zoning. I'm fairly certain I remember her using her bombs and then airdashing at someone, and the bomb impacting just before she reached him, so that might be useful to prevent anti-airs while shes dashing in.

I think bubbles are too slow to follow behind, but they might be large enough to protect her for a little while while she dashes at someone.

Edit #2:

Hi.

GIANT LIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T POST IN THIS THREAD BECAUSE IT WILL BE DELETED AND I WILL BE MAD

• "I'm so gonna main her."
  • "Stop stealing my main."
  • "I'm gonna main her to troll."
  • "If you main her, you're [whatever]."
  • Anything regarding any Mahou Shoujo series beyond "X is a reference to Y."
  • trolololololol
  • Pedophilia.
  • Even mild pedophilia.
  • Shit talk.
  • Reposting the goddamn horsey screenshot. We get it. She rides a fucking horsey and it's hilarious and she hugs Jubei dolls and that's also hilarious.
  • Y'know what? Play it safe and stick to gameplay/news. That's a good idea, just do that.

'

Okay, so, go for it.

You are now my favorite mod. <3

That'd be Dream Sally, the input is 214A/B/C, with the direction of the float depending on the pressed button.

Read through the blog post, it seems that Plat didn't get any changes since the last loke test. I, for one, expect more videos of her this weekend.

There are, indeed, some things we've missed:

- 2A and 2B hit low

- 6A and 2C have upper body invisibility

- 6B doesn't cancel into anything, so you should use it with Dream Sally

- 5C has short reach, so you should only use it for combos. Can jump cancel even when blocked.

- 2C has ridiculously long cooldown, you can't start a combo from it even if it counter-hits (possible mistranslation here, someone check me please)

- you can link 6C into jump attacks; it also has bottom body invisibility.

- jA is you standard aerial poke, jB hits diagonally downwards, jC is an air-to-air attack with good reach, and j2C is a manga kick downwards.

- Dream Sally's bubble moves diagonally upwards with A, straight forward with B, and in a parabolic trajectory with C. It does pop when the opponent hits it, but it also bounces off walls.

- Air Persia hits behind Plat with A, below her with B and before her with C. Maybe C can be used for cross-ups?

- Dramatic Sammy (command grab) restores all your items.

That's all, I guess.

When you say it restores all your items with Dramatic Sammy, I assume it means it restores all your current items? So if I have only 1 bomb use left, it goes back to full?

When you say it restores all your items with Dramatic Sammy, I assume it means it restores all your current items? So if I have only 1 bomb use left, it goes back to full?

Yep, it says that it restores them to the max. Makes sense, else it'd be better with items which have less charges, and vice versa.

Any news on her playstyle? I mean the big stick makes me think she might play similar to hakumen kinda but I don't know, what do you guys think?

Any news on her playstyle? I mean the big stick makes me think she might play similar to hakumen kinda but I don't know, what do you guys think?

Her pokes are nowhere as long as Hakumen's, she's more of a May in that aspect. Anyways, lurk the threads and the videos, they give you a good enough general idea of her playstyle.

Her pokes are nowhere as long as Hakumen's, she's more of a May in that aspect. Anyways, lurk the threads and the videos, they give you a good enough general idea of her playstyle.

Thanks for clearing that up mate ill go look up some of them vids.

Gonna repost my gameplay questions in case we'll get proper answers to them:

- How many charges do you get with SUGOI Loli Install magic? Only one or as much as usual for that specific item? Basically, can you spam it, or can you only use more than one charge with Mystic Momo? (Different sources answer this question differently).

Pretty sure someone answered this? I don't recall there being more than one source for this answer. Apparently you only get one charge for the install magic. [citation needed] as always. Also, I'm really expecting something of a release date after this LokeTest, but like I was saying here, the Valk delay for 360 could get in the way of everything.

caaaaaaan't be sure of anything anymore.

I'm interested in her because she's seems to be incredibly versatile with the various weapons she's carrying and could possibly be played in a number of ways. I'm not going to make any guarantees, but at the very least, I'm going to try her out for a decent amount of time. I ended up really enjoying Makoto, so I'm open to the possibility of liking Platinum enough that I'll pick her up.