Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

Do we have any new Loke Test 4 videos of Platinum, or other characters in general? More information to go by is always good.

We don't, not yet. Really hoping for some in general, if only to be sure what of the changes we've heard are real and what is not.

Speaking of May, I've recently discovered that May is very fun to use. Someone should clean up her combo thread so that it is actually useful like the BB ones. The first post has two combos that I think are Slash era, and one of them isn't very specific at all.

What, what'd I do wrong.

IMO, from watching her, she looks more like ABA in some of her animations, but also kinda like May.

Anyways, A lot of people were trying throw combos, and her forward/backwards throw look the same, a big giant bell comes and hits the opp either way, wallbouncing. In the corner, people did simple combos and got around 3200 damage or so, so not too shabby for a throw, especially for what looked like a simple combo. However, it has to be in the corner...

IMO, from watching her, she looks more like ABA in some of her animations, but also kinda like May.

Anyways, A lot of people were trying throw combos, and her forward/backwards throw look the same, a big giant bell comes and hits the opp either way, wallbouncing. In the corner, people did simple combos and got around 3200 damage or so, so not too shabby for a throw, especially for what looked like a simple combo. However, it has to be in the corner...

Though from the looks of things, aren't most characters having to get any good damage from the corner?

Herpy derp derp derp

Fixed.

Anyway, I'm really not liking this corner damage change. I mean it could be worse since getting out of the corner is... Well, not easy, but easier than games that don't have four-way ground teching. But it's still ridiculous that the only way to get damage is wedging someone into a corner. BB's attempt to please the "OKIZEME IS WHAT MAKES A GAME" group that seems to insist BB is for scrubs, I guess.

I mean CS1's ability to turn every poke into a 4k bnb wasn't good either but it'd be nice if we could have something that was middle-ground? Y'know, no random hit connects turning into full combos, and no stupidhuge corner loops? Maybe some mid-screen combos that just require strong hit confirms?

Guess I'm asking for too much. :I

Anyway gone off topic, loli loli haha sugoi

I've got a legit question. I did a search on the forum and checked the first few posts of each sticky thread (I may have missed i though) but when is she getting released as DLC? I don't check these forums, nor have I played my console BBCS in a while, and I don't plan on powering it on until she's available. Does anyone have a date, or is it still not confirmed, or what? Thanks.

I've got a legit question. I did a search on the forum and checked the first few posts of each sticky thread (I may have missed i though) but when is she getting released as DLC? I don't check these forums, nor have I played my console BBCS in a while, and I don't plan on powering it on until she's available. Does anyone have a date, or is it still not confirmed, or what? Thanks.

It's still not confirmed.

Edit: Magic Ninja!

So, her Sammy command grab restores items. Does that mean if I have X of an item, go down to just 1 use left - use her command grab, it would be fully replenished? If so, does this also count when her item is buffed from her distortion?

So, her Sammy command grab restores items. Does that mean if I have X of an item, go down to just 1 use left - use her command grab, it would be fully replenished? If so, does this also count when her item is buffed from her distortion?

You only get one distortion-buffed item, so I would assume the command grab wouldn't give you any extra buffed items.

Hello there everyone I'm new I'd like to point out there was a dengeki screen with her swinging a paper fan at Ragna and it had more than one use isn't the fan a buffed item?

here is the link peeps!

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/312/312687/img.html

I'm gonna take a wild guess that each of her SUGOI upgrades keep their same numbered usage but that's just theory fighter.

Hello there everyone I'm new I'd like to point out there was a dengeki screen with her swinging a paper fan at Ragna and it had more than one use isn't the fan a buffed item?

here is the link peeps!

Nice find. Maybe you get the regular amount of installed items, but only replenish one with the command grab. We'll have to wait and seeee~~~

This just makes her Loli Install much better to use than Cure Dot Typhoon which looks like it has puny range and is kinda punishable if whiffed.

here is the link peeps!

I'm gonna take a wild guess that each of her SUGOI upgrades keep their same numbered usage but that's just theory fighter.

That's pretty interesting. There could have either been misinformation that you only get one install drive magic, they changed how it works in the 4th LokeTest and we haven't found out yet, or like unsanctifier said, get an extra one when you use the command grab. Initial misinformation seems the most likely, though.

I really hope its the same number as a non-install item this sounds like it could throw opponents on the defensive depending on the item. Platinum probably can't replenish SUGOI items, that sounds kinda cheap seeing as some of them get an increase in range or power.

Still no official release date, guys? Well, if nothing happens this coming Tuesday...I can assume we won't see her for a long while.

Still no official release date, guys? Well, if nothing happens this coming Tuesday...I can assume we won't see her for a long while.

Expecting her to come out in October in the first place was a stupid guess to begin with.

Given the problems they had with Valk in general, it's only natural they'd delay working on her for a bit. Mid-November is probably the earliest we'd see her.

Wait did I just see someone mention she plays kind of like ABA? How so? If anything she's looking a lot more like May, although if she DID play like ABA I'd be pretty happy too.