Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

Wait did I just see someone mention she plays kind of like ABA? How so? If anything she's looking a lot more like May, although if she DID play like ABA I'd be pretty happy too.
IMO her animations look a lot like ABA's, the way she swings her staff around. Obviously the characters are nothing alike, but thats what it looked like to me at least. =P

I wish she played like A.B.A! Then I'd love her even more than I already do. :O (Although my love meter for her is already pretty max :s )

The best way to describe it IMO is that she has May-like normals and a Zappa-like drive. Which is honestly the only reason I wanna play her (I could really care less how "SUGOI" she is, although it'll be fun because how could you NOT be pissed off at being beaten to death by something that obnoxious?). May, Faust, and Zappa were the first people I EVER played with in GG and I had like, a slight mental aneurysm when someone described her as a mix of those three in that first thread, lol.

The more things I hear about her, the more she becomes so much more interesting. So, she looks and has moves like may, she throws items like Faust, she switches items randomly like Zappa and she is like ABA when she hit someone with her stick.

I play with Faust in guilty gear because the character type that I pick are wacky characters.

I could really care less how "SUGOI" she is

that contradicts the rest of your paragraph

but to be entirely honest, i feel the same w/r/t her playstyle. i already wanted to use her, but finding out she had a random-tier drive, long airdash, may-esque normals, command-grab, bubble oki 10f overhead install super crossup pogostick alfsjlffd THERE IS JUST TOO MUCH. everything to her just seals the deal even more. and like i've said, i can't wait to waste a million hours in training mode with her.

that contradicts the rest of your paragraph

well not really, im just saying that i can appreciate that her appearance will piss people off, but that has nothing to do with me wanting to play her... its just a bonus lol

Platina works as well, although only really as a pronunciation to be politically correct. Also, I believe someone calculated Platinum's HP in a video and assumed it couldn't be any more than 10500, but of course that's all but confirmed.

Considering it's officially Platinum, even in the Japanese version on the character screen, calling her Platina is just stupid.

So when you play as her, I'm gonna guess her Luna personality is the one you're playing as? Her movements and actions seem very unlike Sena or Trinity. Not saying they fit Luna too much either, but they fit her more than the other two.

According to the dialogue we heard in her announcement trailer, I'd assume it was Luna. Saying it's stupid calling her Platina is saying "Japanese pronunciation is stupid", so brilliant logic there if that's what you're implying.

Yeah, Platinum's fighting seems very Luna-like, even by her animations, Luna seems pretty fangirl-y over Jubei, which would support the win pose.

Also, people are still getting worked up over the Platina/Platinum thing? Really? Why does it matter, you know the person's talking about the sugoi magical girl either way.

Platina works as well, although only really as a pronunciation to be politically correct. Also, I believe someone calculated Platinum's HP in a video and assumed it couldn't be any more than 10500, but of course that's all but confirmed.

Wow, that is alot of HP for a female character. WTF is she, Tager?

10500 isn't really that high to my limited knowledge.

Who's Platina? I thought we where talking about Miku. (Can't stop lawling at known color palettes)

In other news, I'm very interested in what kind of attacks you could link together with the random factor of her D.

It seems, from a gameplay standpoint, that most of the D's wouldn't link very well at all, most of them seem to be either starters or enders. But I'm sure on CH somewhere off one of the starters you could swap items for a higher grossing combo, midcombo.

So... Isn't it logical that a Platinum could just have lucky draws? I'm not opposed to this directly, it seems for every two aces there's three fives in a hand of cards. But I can just see something like 5D.CH>Bnb>Sugoi!>More bnb>Random ass heavy ender.

All theory of course, but I can just see the shitstorms a brewing if the X>Y>Z combo shows up every single round and lands easy 5ks or something.

Its a lot of health for a character like her... She has more health than Ragna, even though she's in the same category as Carl and Rachel when it comes to size.

Wow, that is alot of HP for a female character. WTF is she, Tager?

I'm going to assume you aren't that stupid but it's kind of difficult to assume you're being sarcastic. 10500 is a decent amount of HP, same as Arakune and more than Ragna. IIRC Noel has more HP, and Rachel most certainly has more HP.

In other news, I'm very interested in what kind of attacks you could link together with the random factor of her D.

It seems, from a gameplay standpoint, that most of the D's wouldn't link very well at all, most of them seem to be either starters or enders. But I'm sure on CH somewhere off one of the starters you could swap items for a higher grossing combo, midcombo.

So... Isn't it logical that a Platinum could just have lucky draws? I'm not opposed to this directly, it seems for every two aces there's three fives in a hand of cards. But I can just see something like 5D.CH>Bnb>Sugoi!>More bnb>Random ass heavy ender.

All theory of course, but I can just see the shitstorms a brewing if the X>Y>Z combo shows up every single round and lands easy 5ks or something.

Lucky draws isn't possible it seems, since you need to press D after the items runs out to get the next set. Pretty sure it's been confirmed you can combo after the fan, but I'm not sure about anything else.

Well think like

Start with fan, combo to next item, deal damage, Sugoi drops current and picks up next, empowered version is probably big or fast enough to link, stuff like that.

That would be incredibly baller, since that would take 100% heat to begin with (fan would be 50% heat due to being Sugoi already) and would deserve to do big damage. Not sure about CONFIRMED PARRY INTO 100% damage, but large damage surely.

Just gonna have to trust the design team, I'm sure they'll make it work in a balanced fashion.

...:RA: