Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

I just bought the Unlimiteds, there was no way I was going to be able to unlock all of them. Like, say, Carl's, who I don't use seriously, but love his Unlimited version.

Dunno, Volante spam works pretty well, I've gotten through 12 characters (including Makoto for lulz, and don't have Valk... stupid 360...) SA, and only "used" 2; Noel and Ragna, Ai's very easy to exploit

I guess we have run out on words to say about her. To Be Honest, I actually can't wait for her to come out. She is going to be awesome. I've never been so hyped up for a character before. There are so many things that I want to test out with her.

Roll On December.

Dunno, Volante spam works pretty well, I've gotten through 12 characters (including Makoto for lulz, and don't have Valk... stupid 360...) SA, and only "used" 2; Noel and Ragna, Ai's very easy to exploit

Yeah, I didn't exploit the AI well enough. Not to mention being too lazy to go through score attack with each character.

I'd rather exploit the AI than spend $5 on Unlimiteds :3 (might be more on PSN like most DLC, but not sure...), after all, I could use that $5 on a sammich! :yaaay:

Doesn't seem like we'll get anything new from Platinum till BBCSII. I almost want to compare her to bang, since she has a lot of options and can cover the screen pretty well, but I dunno.

Bang's true power lies in the proration numbers, imo. "5k off 5a" is rather bs. We'll have to study the longer combos too see where the action is with Plat.

I would compare her toolbox to bang's though, even bigger still when items are measured.

I meant more of her toolbox than her proration game, which is why I said almost. Bang doesn't usually get 5k off of 5a, but he does get his average damage, which is why it could be considered overpowered. In CS1, he was able to capitalize so well from IB > 5A > 3K~ every time. Add in all his tools, FRKZ, command grab rapiding etc etc etc

bluh bluh.. I've been trying to think of a reason to post in here lately too. Maybe I'll reanalyze her videos or something. Might be something I missed.

Nope, nothing. I checked. Like a boss. But try anyway.

For fun.

Well, nothing huge, but I did pick up on quite a few things.

It seems you may be able to follow up from a CH bomb. Here, Platinum hits one and Hazama seems unable to tech for a decent amount of time. Also, although the initial notes about her said she was able to OTG from her 3C, it doesn't seem like that's actually possible. Also also, Air Persia whiffs Carl on crouching, might whiff other characters too?

Oh, just found a bit more. You can't burst when you get caught by Dream Sally. That should lead into some nice CH Dream Sally > Cure Dot Typhoon measures. Or maybe even a laughable Dream Sally > Astral.

Also also also, as seen here, Cure Dot Typhoon might just auto-drive after it's over? Can't entirely tell, but before the background changes back, Platinum gets the Pan. So either auto-drive or recovery ends there and they simply press D.

It also also seems that Mystique Momo can be hit out of before it throws the item, and doesn't use it up. It also also also seems that 6A is JC on block, and also hits crouching (but doesn't hit high, what).

Aaaaand finally, as I don't think we caught this before, Cure Dot Typhoon does indeed have invuln on 1F. How long it lasts, dunno.

Guess there was some more to find out after all? Surely that wasn't enough also's for everyone, maybe I'll find more some other time. Also, one or two of these we might have already known, but it's nearly 7 in the morning and I'm still looking at Platinum videos. ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌

3c OTG is such a universal mechanic I doubt she would lack it, maybe it just requires a CH or something.

Well, quite a few character's OTG's were taken away in CS2, so it isn't too strange for her to lack it. I'd double check for counter hit, but it's now 7:12AM and I really must be getting some sleep.

I am pretty sure this might have been said before, but Cure Dot Typhoon looks almost exactly like Rufus' Big Bang Typhoon.

Well, quite a few character's OTG's were taken away in CS2

It is also late here, forgot about that.

щ(゚Д゚щ)

That is now my favorite emote.

it's now 7:12AM and I really must be getting some sleep.

Bahhh, humbug.

It's also RC'able, not that that's surprising.

A Recap On Platinum's Information.

Thanks for that but it would of been helpful if you put in the time for when each of them were going to happen.

The videos are linked with a notation in the URL that changes the playback starting place. Clicking on the link starts the video at the notated point, right before the researched information appears.

The videos are linked with a notation in the URL that changes the playback starting place. Clicking on the link starts the video at the notated point, right before the researched information appears.

Oh, I see. Right now, I am posting on my PS3 and When I click on the vids, it takes me to the beginning. So, I guess it doesn't work for people who are using their PS3 then