Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

I have the desire to break my copy of the game now.

I planned to play her A LOT during christmas holiday.. thank you ArcSys. :v:

Wow.

What a crock of shit.

I'll go sell my copy now, she's the only reason I even kept it.

Same here.

I was looking forward to my christmas holiday this week, but Arc System Works destroyed all my dreams and for which reason? Only for MONEY!!! Why couldn't they just keep their promise? I'm going to the nearby GameStop today to sell my copy of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift. I'm feeling pranked right now - Platinum is completely finished, they just have to copy her sprites and movesets into a DLC (or not?)...

/RAGEQUIT?

C'mon, what's a few more months/years/decades? In other news, random graphics packs reveal her first 12 colours!

Yup, definitely picking the 8th one all the time (until I see page 2), reminds me a lot of Fatima, despite not too many similarities :P

To the person who posted these colors after this terrible news BLESS THEM SO MUCH! I am definitely maining colors 7,9, and 10 this has convinced me to perservere and wait out those stupid trolls.

Alright. anyone down for a mass harakiri grouping? im all in. I have never been disappointed in a game ever since I played Cross X Edge. I just dont know anymore, i used to like ASW...now theyre breaking my heart like Envy Adams. :(

C'mon, what's a few more months/years/decades? In other news, random graphics packs reveal her first 12 colours!

That's the first time I like nearly all colors. Not really sure which color I'm going to stick with, but it's either going to be #1, #6, #7.

#6 isn't BRS, is it?

Now it's even harder to wait ... x.x

Alright. anyone down for a mass harakiri grouping? im all in.

Count me in.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :arg:

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?? WHY DO I HAVE TO BE SORT OF RIGHT FOR THAT?!?!

I Guess I have to update my thread because of that terrible news then. Also, I guess I have to still use Taokaka :vbang:

Why couldn't Plat come first instead of Makoto??????

EDIT: The Red one is My Official colour

Is it just me or does someone else think that color 4 looks (a bit) like Hatsune Miku?

It's supposed to be Miku.

Alright. anyone down for a mass harakiri grouping? im all in. I have never been disappointed in a game ever since I played Cross X Edge. I just dont know anymore, i used to like ASW...now theyre breaking my heart like Envy Adams. :(

A bit late on this but... I love you.

Just wondering, Plat has been delayed until spring, does that mean that CS2 is also delayed? or will Plat just come out after CS2? Since all of the news sources I've heard from say that her debut will be in CS2 I'm wondering if she will just be a DLC character that comes out after the patch.

I have no clue though, I'm just so tired of CS1 I'm willing to believe anything at this point.

Nah. I don't think CS2 will come out before Platinum is going be released (implying this will happen <3). If it's going be released seperately, Platinum will be there first. It wouldn't make much sense vice versa because Platinum is content of CS2.

It sounds like BBcs2 will be released in the spring bundled with Platinum.

Additionally, I would like to say;

Arcsys never promised anything, and everyone seems to have decided that they're being assholes for no reason at all. I am disappoint. Either man up and wait longer with your tongue in cheek, or break down and... wait longer.

Release schedules are what they are, and to draw a comparison; Racism never made MLKJ any less black. Just appreciate that she is coming out, period, or don't. The game won't be any less without her. It can only be more with her.

"I was hoping she'd come out sooner, oh well, good thing I still like this game."

"New content is the only reason to play this non-content-oriented game, I quit on grounds of impatience and pessimism."

I feel that the majority of posters associate themselves with the former statement, but I'll be frank and say that the latter is how these past pages have presented themselves.

In short, don't let disappointment cloud your good judgement. Or at the very least, go make a "OMG WHY WASN'T SHE RELEASED ACCORDING TO MY ASSUMPTIONS AND WISHES" thread to post the deluge of developer shit talk.

So you know, the discussion thread can have, discussion, instead of a swamp of posts that gets no one anywhere and everyone nowhere.

Ok, I'm in Japan and I played as Plat today. I'll probably go back tomorrow and play more.

Ask me questions, I'll try to give you info as best as I can!

Dashing command throw is AWESOME. If you get your opponent trained in the first round or so to be expecting 3C or some other attack after a 5C in a blockstring, you'll start catching people with it pretty easily. It worked on every opponent I played today after a round or two of conditioning them.

Edit:

I think some people might like to know:

In her arcade mode, her set/interaction battles are Bang and Taokaka, with Hazama being the typical final boss.

Ah, wonderful!

How does

Swallow Moon (j.236C): Floats on a manjuu midair. Somewhat controllable. You can cancel whenever, so you can use it after midair attacks to add in more overheads, as well as cancelling your airdash and following with more attacks. Will be useful for mixups. (needs visual confirmation)

Work? If you know. Maybe experiment with it next time you can. It's the move we know the least about.

@Corinthatic

I literally discovered that move in the last bit of play I had with her and by accident. There was no move list present, so I basically had to figure everything out on the fly and from what I remembered reading here.

That move... it's as weird as you think it is... Basically, picture the Lakitus from mario. She forms some sort of... cloud thing under her and can float on it momentarily. I was only in it for a few seconds, but it seemed decently slow. It's basically like that post says, use her long air dash to hit them with a few high moves, then surprise them by canceling into that and immediately canceling it into one more overhead move. Outside of that, there doesn't seem to be much use for it.... maybe for running away and staying airborne for timeouts? Her keep-away game was pretty nifty, especially if you can get the bombs. I took out a tager that way. Since the bombs hit twice (once on impact and again when exploding) they can wreak some havoc even with sledge!

It sounds like BBcs2 will be released in the spring bundled with Platinum.

Arcsys never promised anything, and everyone seems to have decided that they're being assholes for no reason at all. I am disappoint. Either man up and wait longer with your tongue in cheek, or break down and... wait longer.

I know you're trying to make a bigman post, but Arcsys did promise something. They promised (a console rebalance) BBCS2 6 months after the console release. Making excuses for them isn't doing anything good. There's literally no excuse. Sure, they didn't have a date for Platinum, but this is in all terms of 'fairness', idiotic.

In other news, rad stuff Kantan. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about Platinum.