Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

:D It also helps that Sony lowered the price on PSPs recently. Things are looking up for me and my wallet this season.

@Kantan: Oh noes, Noel troubles you now? :psyduck:

I had been lucky and all the Noel's I'd faced prior weren't very good

I played a better one recently.

Seriously, 2D and jD seem to DESTROY plat. Platinum doesn't feel like she deals well with people that are above her. 6A gives you upper-body invuln, but I feel like it doesn't come out fast enough to beat 2D unless you flat out PREDICT the 2D and use it before the move even starts. 2D just goes over and beats 5B and 5C. It makes me want to cry. If I had 100 yen for every 2D that counterhit me whiffing 5B...

jD moves Noel up. Platinum HATES people above her (both air to air and ground to air). Platinum hates jD. It also takes away your advantage that the bat gives you. Noel jumped in> I used the bat> Noel threw out a jD> the bat and jD CLASHED> I ate a counterhit jD and combo. That happened THREE TIMES (you think I woulda learned...)

Seriously, I lost rounds where Noel really didn't throw out ANY normals. She just poked with 2D and jD, threw, and used 3C maybe once or twice.

Question time: Any tips on where the holes are in Noel's drive strings now? For the most part, the mixup isn't too bad (I used to play Noel, so I can read 6Bs pretty easily), but losing THREE guard primers from 6Cs and Assault Through are not fun. I'm too scared to poke out most of the time because everything feels sped up and safer. Halp?

since l play mu l experience the same problem. you just have to anticipate it like a dp and use the appropriate aa. plat has good range so a simple backdash 5b should do well if she dosent do something like 214d right away... idk i havent touched plat yet.

also, considering her drives got even faster l doubt any frame data we have now woul substantially help you at the moment. though if you still want to know l can give you a few unsafe strings, assuming you ib offline of course.

IB+Barrier will get you pushed back far enough so you can jump out, even if she does use 214D you'll be air blocking anyway and then you can IAD outta' there. That's what I do in CS1 but I don't know if it will work in CS2.

Try 2C. iirc I saw it in a vid once. 2C beats her 2D, I think.

More plats need to start using her instal items. I mean there are times when they would have won, or stopped a character from playing their game had they used install. They're facing lambda/Mu, and they have rocket/teddy bear/hammer coming up. Instead of them to go install and to completely stop them from zoning, they don't and attempt to get in the hard way. Or when they're facing tager with hammer coming up. You can combo after slidehead, so 16T is perfect for tager and his limited/slow/can only jump once mobility. I've seen so many plats lose rounds they could have won had they gone install. Even the so called install bombs, which have been deemed useless, can be used during combos. Those big boys add a ton of damage. Same for paper fan during combos.

Plat can be very dangerous, but the player has to bring out her potential and make use of the right (install) item during the right situation. I'm seeing a lot of missed install opportunities from plats, and this seems to be their main problem.

Well...Mori just said Platinum DLC may take a while to come out. /sigh, back to playing AH3 again to fill in the time.

Kid viper talking, wanted to give my take on platinum.

<3 her. her normals are good though some are slow, fuzzies off lots of dumb things, good anti airs and lots of mixups.

3c is a great and retarded poke/whiff punish due to its range. it's almost as good as cat stick

6a and 2c are dumb, priority on 6a is just really freaking good and the range on it surprised me

fry pan and 5c are very deceptive anti airs.

install items are really amazing. it really helps with added pressure/counter zoning.

platinum's pressure can be one dimensional at times but given the right items you can easily throw people off like nothing.

combo wise her 22c juggle in the corner is a little tricky but not that bad, yields great damage and meter gain.

midscreen combos are meh but it's ok because of her oki options.

236b gives good meter return and has many different ways of cancelling it if they block it. cancel it early and you can attack/airdash in the air. cancel it halfway through and you attack on the ground. cancel it late and platinum will bounce up so it's sort of good for tricky pressure.

matchup-wise i don't really feel any pressuring matchups except maybe hakumen, lambda, and bang. will take some more time for me be really sure about matchups though.

will post more stuff and thoughts later

Man, I'd do anything to go to Texas and play CSII right now. :( I'm still mad that NorCal doesn't have a CSII cab.

I was under the impression that PSPs weren't region locked. :psyduck:

EDIT:Actually they aren't. I have Vampire Savior Chronicles on my old PSP and it plays just fine. You can purchase a copy of CSII without worrying. :3

Indeed, PSP's are not region free. Be prepared to import CS2 when it rolls around. ( ´∀`)

Just read the news, it's unfortunate that we 'seemingly' won't get her for a while on consoles. I don't know what that means for CS2 on consoles, if that will come out sooner and Platinum won't be included, or what. I'll assume they will still come out around the same time, and also that the 'delay' for 'more important things on consoles' has to due with letting the handheld versions get their share. I'll be making good use of mine, at least.

March 31st isn't so far away... ( ´_ゝ`)

I REALLY want to import it on the PSP so I can finally play Platinum, but I don't know if I want my first experience with her to be on a a little handheld with bad graphics and a bad D-Pad. Ya' know?

So like, when will the Platinum Critique and Self-Improvement Thread be open? lolz

I'd like some Platinum critique and self-improvement on my very first time playing Platinum(and CS2) that I just had a ton of fun with last night at Planet Zero XD

http://www.justin.tv/planetzero/b/280969625

I'm the only one that used Platinum during that night.

It'll probably be opened after everybody's had their chance at Platinum, I requested it be closed because it was WAAAYYYY too soon to have it up. But now that people actually have a chance to play it in Texas, there might be some hope of it being opened back up.

Alright guys, looks like I'm importing CS2 on the PSP. This is great because now I'll be able to test out the combos and finally get the combo thread up and going! Plus now we can open up GGJ's critique thread and we can also get some more stuff written up and finalized for the guides.

Whoo! If we all work hard on this we can actually get this place up and running by the time she's officially released AND have solid information. =D I'm pretty excited! You guys ready to work on the 31st!?

Ready to work on the 31st? I've been working since she was announced. ;p

Yeah, if it wasn't obvious enough, I'll be getting it for PSP as well. I don't even want to imagine how many hours I'm going to clock into the PSP version on launch. No, wait, yes I do. I want to imagine it. I want to imagine it So Much. 

I've pretty much been cataloging videos ever since she's came out. We've all worked hard and we're gonna continue working towards a great forum for all Platinum players. And Idk man, I don't think I can play on the PSP as hardcore as I do a PS3 controller, especially with the new PSP models. :vbang:

hmm... I wonder how much a PSP and an import of BBCS2 would cost, I also wonder if it would be worth it since I wouldn't be able to use a stick anyway...

Fuck.

So like, when will the Platinum Critique and Self-Improvement Thread be open? lolz

I'd like some Platinum critique and self-improvement on my very first time playing Platinum(and CS2) that I just had a ton of fun with last night at Planet Zero XD

http://www.justin.tv/planetzero/b/280969625

I'm the only one that used Platinum during that night.

Shugo since you have more access to BBCSII , why don't you get Platinums 2nd page colours for us . I have tryed to screen mine on my cabinet . But the quality and the image always distorts . So if you have time , i would really like to see ALL of Platinums 2nd page colours :PT: .

I'm not really sure about lag and slowdowns, but I'm gonna try CSII-PSP with remotejoylite on my pc, and then bind inputs to my stick.

I'm not quite sure if a homebrew enabled PSP is required for RJL, but I was considering trying it myself depending on the situation. (remember, Homebrew isn't illegal, but pirating software/games are. don't talk about obtaining PSP CS2 illegally or anything of the like.)