Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

stop posting

Oh sorry, I knew I was beginning to speak out of line anyway by saying that. Anyway at the end of it all I'm maining Platinum because everything about her just screams fun.

And Cake, here's another apology for describing typical gaming trend followers. Sorry.

In light of recent tragedies and national disasters in Japan, looks like I'll be heading home early and forced to play the waiting game for plat with the rest of you guys...

I did play a few times... I'll see what I can remember that's helpful, not that it'll be that groundbreaking since there're apparently cabinets in the US now?

I hate bombs... They have their uses and really are useful, but they always seem to pop up too much and at bad times... and since you can't 214D them away as quickly as everything else when you don't want it, they bug the shit out of me. If you use a bomb or 214D with bombs and they are too close, you can get punished pretty easily. Drawing bombs is one of the only reasons I use Miracle Jeanne (that's what 236236D is called, yeah?) at all. 50% heat to get rid of bombs AND get a powered up version of what's next is pretty awesome.

Get opponent down to 1 guard primer > let them think things have returned to a neutral footsies game > RANDOM 236B!!! > profit. I don't know why people don't barrier block more... Of course, this is a stupid, not-real strategy... but it works so goddamn often! Especially with the hammer or after they've burst.

Also, if you have heat to spare and the hammer equipped, I love using a 236B>RC to both approach and get them blocking. Start with a blockstring (or just randomly, really... especially if they're in/near the corner) then throw out 236B. That's 1 primer down. RC it. I usually follow that up with 2A once or twice, that way they either keep blocking or start eating a combo from 2A. If they block, HAMMER. Platinum loves guard breaks~

6C>22C is a lot fucking easier than I thought because I'm dumb and was doing it wrong. I could get the 22C to hit, but couldn't get any followup, so I thought I was doing the setup wrong (wrong bubble, timing the bubble wrong, etc). I was just a fucktard and thought it was 22C>super jump cancel>jB>jC, etc instead of 22C>5C>sjB>etc. At first I felt extremely stupid because I had been trying it wrong all this time, but then I felt awesome because I realized this combo is fucking easy to do, gives GREAT heat, and deals tremendous damage in the corner~

Speaking of this combo, though, it feels like the timing and shit is KINDA character dependent, but not EXTREMELY. What I mean is basically, it's (as you'd expect) easier against some characters than others. I've never dropped it against Tager's fat ass. Some characters give me a bit of trouble, though. The ones that come to mind are Noel, Arakune, Tao, and sometimes Litchi and Hazama. I didn't get to practice it AT ALL against Carl, Lambda, or Mu, but I'd assume Carl's at least probably in the same boat since he's really light. Basically it comes down to delaying the bubble a bit more against lighter characters so 6C doesn't put them too high up to followup with 22C. 22C CAN WHIFF, THEY CAN TECH IF YOU DO, AND YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY.

Really, when you're learning plat, learn timing on shit and to not mash. When I try to mash the 5C followups after bubble>6C>22C or after a jD in the hammer loop, I miss most of the time. When I actually stop and try to do the timing on those 5Cs I hit a LOT more often. Just practice and get used to them, they really aren't that difficult.

5B(hit)>5C>6B reset and 5B(hit)>5C>TK j236C>jB/jC reset are two of the greatest things ever. I've only had it blocked ONCE EVER and that was just because I just kept doing it against the same guy over and over. He eventually learned in the final round, but that was okay because I just moved on to 5B(hit)>5C>41236D sugoi throw.

Finally (tl;dr as always...), I think it's pretty awesome, but I feel it's worth pointing out just in case: Cure Dot Typhoon (632146C super) DOES restore items (powered up or not).... ON HIT. If you whiff it or it gets blocked, you don't get shit. The good news (although not actually that good...) is that she doesn't do the cute little pose she usually does at the end that restores the items (but it's still pretty punishable unless you get the fuck out of there and your opponent doesn't chase you)

Good info per usual, Kantan. It's also good to hear you're okay.

Of course, mashing to combo is never the most effective way to go about it, so I can see that timing would be important. Also, as you've said, bombs truly do seem to be the weak link here, but instead of absolutely trying to get rid of them at any time (and subsequently getting punished), it would probably be good to work them into oki.

Mami on last primer is totally legit when you have 50% heat. B)

I still REALLY hope that we'll find some way to combo into the Bombs and then after the Bombs that's practical. Like Corner 5B > 5C > 236B > 5D/214D > 2B/5C/6C whatever > Bomb hits > Air combo blah blah blah.

I think I HAVE made combos like that by accident.

like launcher>214D>super jump into air combo

It's nothing too exciting and it really actually isn't worth it.

Bomb oki isn't too great either... I don't like how slow the bombs are... they really aren't slow, but too slow as far as I'm concerned. If the opponent sits there and blocks them, they're pretty nice, but it's pretty easy to roll past them....

Also, @Tempest Dahlia and Cirno:

D'aww, thanks~

Shit's been... hectic here... But, yeah, I'm totally safe and fine

not looking forward to leaving, nuclear meltdown or not...

Also, @Tempest Dahlia and Cirno:

D'aww, thanks~

Shit's been... hectic here... But, yeah, I'm totally safe and fine

not looking forward to leaving, nuclear meltdown or not...

You were in Japan as well , i was in Tokyo when it hit and i was in my hotel and everything in my hotel like fell . I went down stairs to the main lobby to see what happend outside and it was hectic . But it wasn't as bad after 5 - 10 mins . But i feel really bad for the people whos houses and family members were lost , so i donated 2000$ to the Red Cross charity for the Japan relief .

On Topic: has anyone attempted to do the item throw combo Shadow demostrated during his fight with Kaqn . I did and i keep dropping the combo after Miracle Jeane ... :PL:

Glad to see that both of you are alright, If I were there I wouldve probably gone insane from the chaos.

On-Topic: Just saw a video where Makoto parried Plat's Homerun-Desu~... I'm sad now. and Lucia, I think I saw Ao Madoushi do that combo recently against Makoto, no wait it was Aaru against a Lambda.

EDIT: Never mind It was against Rachel and he dropped it at Miracle Jeanne too. .-.

and Lambda can airgrab Plat out of Mami Circular... :( Plat becomes more like May everyday. If you're wondering what I mean, May can be grabbed out of Vertical Dolphin, but the timing has to be just right.

aren't all the Murakumos vert Air-grab distance a bunch of BS? I'm pretty sure Mu-12 can probably to that too which really irks me.

All airgrabs use the same calculation method of distance from character origin, that's why they can hit behind, directly below or above the character. The Murakumo one is mainly a trick of the eye due to their forward-high points of origin (chest instead of waist), but they are longer then most other characters (still smaller than tager's).

All airgrabs use the same calculation method of distance from character origin, that's why they can hit behind, directly below or above the character. The Murakumo one is mainly a trick of the eye due to their forward-high points of origin (chest instead of waist), but they are longer then most other characters (still smaller than tager's).

Just got mind F**CKED .

I can live with it. That poke is already fantastic, having a slight drawback isn't anything to cry about.

You know... I just thought of a way Bombs might be a little more useful. Say you are RSTD and you've got the Bombs, now you're good right here with pressuring but in this match-up poking is a better option. Maybe you could 6C(Blocked) > IAD(Backwards) > Shoot Bombs. It'll create space and you'll have the Bombs covering you.

This is theory fighter of course and is also a gimmick, but that's what she's all about right? ;)

Would one of you who has access to CS2 mind trying this out in some matches to see if it has any success?