Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

Don't be ashamed about theory fighting since that's the best we can do right now.... There's a whole bunch of stuff I want to experiment with too,but I wanna see for myself.

6C(blocked) > 44 > j.bomb seems like it would still be too slow, and also at an angle that wouldn't favor her, but of course I can't be certain. It's not like we'll have to wait much longer to test ourselves.

The regular missile hits twice, yes, and the cat for oki..? Not.. really? I'm not sure how you mean. I suppose you could j.D on their recovery, to mix it up instead of a Dream Sally, but that's all I really see it being useful for on oki.

I don't see why the regular missile couldn't work for 6C > 44, but the missiles are pretty useful in general.

yeah, just to lazy rather have someone tell me lol, but anyways, anyone thought up on some combo's they wanna try out with plat

6C>44>jD doesn't sound viable to me...

Your opponent would have to sit there for a long-ass time. jD also shoots farther than 5D. It would probably shoot farther than your opponent's location. You'd have to hope they backdash during your air backdash. 214D would be the best thing to use there, but that would take even longer since you'd have to 6C>44>land>214D. Your opponent would have to be really dumb or extremely, unnecessarily turtle-y.

Cat oki is fun~

I think I pointed out the 3C/jD cat mixup thing before. As long as you keep it really random, it works really well. Wait for a tech, and jD as fast as you can. It's surprisingly fast. So is 3C, and they both have wonderful range.

Plat's hitbox during jump attacks is... it hurts. Ragna jC is going to DESTROY your jC EVERY TIME. Just get used to it. DON'T go air to air with ragna. Use your anti-airs against him (you have several). Use lots of j236C. Use it to trick him in air to air or to bait a whiffed anti-air 6A. Don't get predictable with that, either, though... I've gotten Ragnas to expect a 236C delay and be completely surprised by jB to the face.

I want to look into the idea of TK j236C to fake a jump. Use it while they're high in the air so they think you'll jump up to them, pop out, anti-air. It sounds silly, but I see potential, I think. Kawaii mind games~

Yeah, that didn't make much sense, but it's 8AM on my biological clock and 4PM here. Sorry I can't test anything anymore for you guys X_x At least not 'til SoCal gets a machine...

interesting, So if air to air with ragna is a hassle, Then I can't imagine it with jin. but thanks for the tip with the lil trick with j.236c i'll keep that in mind

You've been a great help, Kantan. I'll miss your walls of text of information. ( ´∀`) Two more weeks isn't long, so we should be able to make it.

Oh, yes. This Mook is a mook. Tons of untranslated information inbound.

Lol, Two weeks are nothing, But i'm wondering when we get the psp verison of cs2 will the Platinum Critique and Self-Improvement Thread be open for business ?

I love translating <3

But I need sleep and pokemon white is calling my name...

Shit will probably be done by the time I wake up, but if it's not, I'll work on plat's :P

I also need sleep, and my bed is calling my name. It would be rad if you would like to translate, Kantan.

Lol, Two weeks are nothing, But i'm wondering when we get the psp verison of cs2 will the Platinum Critique and Self-Improvement Thread be open for business ?

If enough people have the PSP version (and by the looks of it, they will), then sure. I see no problem with it.

Magical Bomb is +8 on block, and Magical Misslie is +2. Sitting here trying to translate this stuff by sight and by memory.Ugh,I should've paid attention in class... Some of her moves are + when they're in SUGOI install form. :gonk:

Calm yourself sir

sleep eludes me (what else is new...)

I'm working on it all right now

things of note already: ground item draw is 1 frame faster than air item draw, dream sally is rapid cancellable (I feel like there's a lot of potential in that...)

AND

J2C IS JUMP CANCELLABLE WHY DIDN'T I EVER KNOW THAT FFFFFUUUUUU-

I feel like that opens up SO many possibilities in terms of block-strings and mixup OH MY GOD.

that's the kind of thing that makes that fatass tager CRY.

Also, 2A can be air-blocked without barrier, I think D:

I dunno, made me sad...

:3 thanks Kantan you're doing us all a huge favor. You have my gratitude and I always see Tager having a hard time with Platinum, makes me laugh because a big burly fatass robot having trouble with a little cute magical girl is too classic.

EDIT: oh yah Kantan, if you really are gonna translate the Mook, you might wanna tell Jewdo in BB General about it.

Oh, guys. Looks like Play Asia has BBCS2 up now, feel free to order from there. (we can both be happy if you order from that link. (ლ╹◡╹)ლ) Amiami has it too!