Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

If I had to place a bet on when CS2 would be patched onto consoles, it would be at BEST three or four weeks after the portable release in Japan.

does anyone know whether or not we'll actually have to import the psp cs2?

Not sure what your question exactly encompasses, but from my perspective it looks realistic for the handheld version to be released before the console patch, so if you're looking to play her asap, that would probably be ideal.

I'm sure CS2 will have an international release though, seeing as there was no handheld release for CS. So I doubt you'll be forced to import it in the long run.

l mean, on march 31st will cs2 be on shelves or will we have to get it imported like ah3.

March 31st is slated for the JP release, and there has been no announcement on a US release. You would have to import if you want it early.

Was just watching 3/4 Chiba, Madoushi went under Hazama's chain with a 2B. Mental noting this combo; it looks fantastic.

And since I haven't done combo notation in quite a while.. (on the second link) The method itself isn't new, but I haven't seen it done in this particular string before.

j.5C > 5A > 5C > 6A > 6C > j.236C (slight pause) > j.5C > 6A > 236B ~2592 Damage, 27% Heat

From the 3/4 Chiba burukku vs madoushi, I'm assuming this might be the combo kid viper was talking about? It's pretty nice in action.

j.5D (Pan) > 66 (air) > j.5C > 22C > 5D (Pan) > 236B ~2567 Damage, 15% Heat

Huey was chatting up Mori at Anime Matsuri, and his impressions where that people shouldn't be wait on CS2, there will be a release date announced at some point, and it'll be weeks after that before it actually comes to homes. It won't surprise everyone like a Christmas present on a random patch day.

Makes sense. Hoping for it on a random close-by Tuesday would be quite the stretch. We'll have (importable) CS2 for handhelds in no less than 10 days from now, so at the very least, we'll be able to make due for a while. Good to be reaffirmed, though.

Aye, excited nonetheless for the psp version!

Well... More like 13-15 days from now. You gotta' think about shipping and junk. My friend ordered AH3 from Playasia and he got it a week later.

*headdesk* I can't find the post containing the combos I listed from the combo video and I need it to update the combo thread. =/ I've been searching fro 30 minutes with the search tool, now I'm flipping through 2,000 posts. @.@

l wonder if we can try and get it imported now by some sort of shady method...

i'm just going to download it

Come on now, it's been said plenty enough times not to mention pirating BBCS2 or anything of the like. I'm trying to be nice here; just don't bring it up.

[15:14] <hueyyy> oh yeah

[15:14] <hueyyy> i guess this was public

[15:14] <hueyyy> so i can say it

[15:14] <hueyyy> CS2 portable is not perfect

[15:15] <hueyyy> because they don't believe that fighting games should be played on handhelds

[15:15] <hueyyy> so there are some tweaks to it

[15:15] <hueyyy> and platinum is gdlike

All we ask is that you support ASW and have consideration for the people who put in their time and work for CSII. Not only that I'm sure that the money you're put into buying it will go towards the victims of the tsunami and the earthquake. Plus, You'll get banned for talking about piracy.

@Cor: Not perfect? That's pretty vague, mind asking him how so? Are the controls imperfect, or other gameplay features?

iirc l believe the graphics are not as visually stunning. unless theres something else...

Come on now, it's been said plenty enough times not to mention pirating BBCS2 or anything of the like. I'm trying to be nice here; just don't bring it up.

Cirno, if he has a PSP Go then he HAS to download it from PSN.

Ahaha, yes, that's true. As unlikely as it is, it's possible, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll assume he has a PSPGo, the account tied to it is in Japanese, and he is planning on downloading BBCS2 from the Japanese Playstation Store. I'll also assume this is even happening, as CT wasn't released for the PSPGo as a download, so I'm not sure why this would be.

Sorry for the smugness, but I'm just callin' it as I see it. Don't mention piracy here. I don't care where else you mention it, just not on these boards. That's not too hard, is it? As I said before, homebrew is not illegal, so that should be fine.

On that note, check out how to prepare for BBCS2's release. It covers some of the RJL stuff I was talking about with dummyacct before.

@Cor: Not perfect? That's pretty vague, mind asking him how so? Are the controls imperfect, or other gameplay features?

That was the extent of his conversaion and memory of the Q&A, when he said not perfect, he meant not arcade perfect, and there are subtle gameplay differences.

Yoo leon, why you dropping Makoto >.<?

Well, i'm like this... If my main becomes top tier i'm going to drop that character, But you see Platinum has the crap I was looking for in a character so i was going to drop her anyways. Also it's not like i'm going to stop using her, She's now my second main

Ah. Still pretty vague, though. :( "Not arcade perfect" could mean a lot of things (some more obvious than others), and subtle gameplay differences doesn't actually say much. Is that all Mori said at the Q&A, or is that just all he could recall? The info is appreciated, of course.