Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Circuitous

[CS2] Platinum the Trinity Actual Discussion Thread The First

There doesn't seem to be an official summary of the Q&A, though Huey did chat with Mori, Kensou and Pachi off the record.

The impression I gathered was that the handheld version isn't balanced as finely as the arcade version, and there are some subtle changes that end up making it... I don't want to say unplayable, but not competitively realistic?

No specifics, but that's the jist of it.

On the topic of preparation for CSII on PSP, for anyone like myself still using an ancient PSP 1000 model, this might need to be done to make it work with RJL.

transsys.png

You'll want to set the transfer system address to something further along in the memory. While we can't know how much memory CSII will use, if you didn't do this for CT with a 1000 model, it would crash the PSP... a lot. However, with this changed, it seemed to work for me... Didn't crash in my limited testing, anyways.

XMBMess.png

Setting it to 0x08790000 like in the first picture will make RJL's memory use bleed into the space used to store your active wallpaper for the XMB. As far as I can tell, the wallpaper is stored at the end of the PSP's memory. If that mess goes past the bottom of the screen on the XMB... well, it won't, because the PSP will crash before that can happen. Basically, you want RJL as close to the end of the memory as possible to give the game the most to work with, without going off the end. If either the game or RJL runs out of memory, the PSP will crash. Note that in-game RJL may use more than it does in the XMB, so you need to leave it some breathing room (like in the provided images).

tl;dr

Set the Transfer sys address to 0x08790000 or thereabouts on PSP 1000 systems and pray to your deity of choice that it works.

Fine explanation there, dummyacct. I'll go ahead and link to your post from here.

There doesn't seem to be an official summary of the Q&A, though Huey did chat with Mori, Kensou and Pachi off the record.

The impression I gathered was that the handheld version isn't balanced as finely as the arcade version, and there are some subtle changes that end up making it... I don't want to say unplayable, but not competitively realistic?

No specifics, but that's the jist of it.

urk, I'm not so sure what to think about this. I guess it'll hold us off till a console release, but... yeaahhh.

From the 3/4 Chiba burukku vs madoushi, I'm assuming this might be the combo kid viper was talking about? It's pretty nice in action.

j.5D (Pan) > 66 (air) > j.5C > 22C > 5D (Pan) > 236B ~2567 Damage, 15% Heat

actually that's the starter of the combo if you're not near the corner, here are two variations of me doing it, it blue beats in the second one because i was still learning the timing but i guarantee you that the combo is legit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2NIuVdRQ88#t=16s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3zISEsn-c#t=56s

Damn, blue beating is right, that had more small numbers than a lotto ticket.

Nice combo otherwise though. I'm trying to learn a legit sub, every other character I play who isn't Noel I just mash combo starters until they hit, then I combo. Maybe Plat can be the true sub I have been wanting all along =w=

Okay guys, I updated the combo thread with newer stuff and cleaned it all up. I'm going to start looking through more videos to find more combos to add.

Let me know if you see any mistakes!

I believe that 7.6k hammer loop combo only works in the corner, just making sure there's no confusion. -w-

If you look in the first post I put a section explaining the Hammer loop.

"Hammer Loop:

When you see something listed as [Hammer Loop] you will be doing:

(Opener) j.B > j.C > dj.C > j.D(Hammer) > 5C > j.B > j.C > dj.C > j.D (Optional 5C > 632146C ender)

The opening combo into the j.B > etc. may differ, so when you see [Hammer Loop] know that it's starting from j.B

NOTE: This only works in the corner."

I just saw combos that start with C moves. Didn't know I was supposed to go back and check another section (derp). My mistake.

One week! I'm too excited!

What are you guys going to do first? Challenge mode, Arcade mode, versus mode or training mode?

I'm heading straight to training mode to test out some combos.

One week! I'm too excited!

What are you guys going to do first? Challenge mode, Arcade mode, versus mode or training mode?

I'm heading straight to training mode to test out some combos.

I'm gonna sit and pray that a Noel player imported the game.

a week and a day left :3 l hope cs2 will ship quickly.

I already have it , the story is more brodened . The new feature mode is nice , and the graphics aren't as bad . Their not console graphics , but their not bad for a PSP . If anyone wants info on the game before its released just reply back to me .

I already have it , the story is more brodened . The new feature mode is nice , and the graphics aren't as bad . Their not console graphics , but their not bad for a PSP . If anyone wants info on the game before its released just reply back to me .

Wait, am I missing something? How do you have it already? The story is more broadened..? New 'feature' 'mode'? (  ̄3 ̄)┌ you lost me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed something a bit off here. :/ Care explaining,Lucia?

LK: PSP version doesn't come out till the 31st...

Yeah, I really, REALLY, need to know how you got it.

New feature mode? Abyss mode? Think that's the only new, "mode", as far as what had been announced.

*Edit*

Look like they added an FAQ post on the website. Versions are, "essentially the same", both support local versus with their respective functionalities (ad-hoc or... CrossPass?).

For PSP, I believe it says that PSP-1000 models may frame-skip occasionally, but also claims that this will not affect your inputs. Also drops a 600MB install data on your memory card, assuming you want it.

Also, ASW explicitly refuses to provide a walkthrough. I'm not sure who was expecting them to, but apparently it was worth their time to say it's not happening.

New feature mode? Abyss mode? Think that's the only new, "mode", as far as what had been announced.

Well during this week i went on my trip to JPN again , and i met up with an old friend who so happens to be a Beta game tester . Lucky enough for me i got a copy of BBCSII off him since he works for the company and testing the game itself . But it came with a cost , i spent like 80$ Canadian on it (Which in Yen is ALOT of money) so i could test it myself , i had to sign a waver saying i couldn't release any info blah blah blah . But do i really care . Well answering questions now .

@syzm: Yes the characters are now accesable in Arcade mode , but also the story mode has been bordened meaning theirs new parts of the story we've never seen before . We get new info on Carls father, Terumi (Hazama) and a little more into the world of Ragna, Rachel, Hakumen and Tsubaki . I can't release any FULL details on the story but i assure you you'll enjoy it very much .

@dummyacct7: Yes the new feature mode is Abyss mode , i haven't really tried it yet since i just got it and i'm still trying to figure out some parts of the story . But when i do get around to playing it this weekend i'll tell you everything you need to know about it .

If anyone wants anymore info just email me or add my msn: luciawaltez@hotmail.com .

You'll forgive me if that's a little hard to believe. I think for now, I'll just wait a bit longer for the official release.

WOW, I've been gone for an eternity and just watched over 100 vids. 7.6 o_O??? I love Plat. Sad to know that we still have a ways to go before console release.

Anyway, I was thinking about putting together a Strategy/Mixup section, not sure yet. It's something similar to what I did in the carl forums with the Reset and Strategy thread. I don't really have much yet, but we can all contribute to it as time progresses. It could end up being a really small thread in the end, but it's mainly to show people the kind of things they can do with plat. Like the carl thread, I'll try and post a youtube link to the certain strat/mixup so that people can see it as well, if video footage exist.