Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Random Thread

Yep. I was playing casuals this Saturday and at one was down to a sliver of life vs. Millia with about 75% life bar left. I think to myself, "Well this round is over... let's do random Fuujins and hope for a huge combo." Strategery prevails! My friend immediately after the match vents about random Fuujin spammage.

Tell Pat: HS-Fujin can be baited and punished, LOL. He should also watch out for RK 5D that's unblock for sure. =P

Anyone know where I can find red butterfly set up guide? I think that I saw it once before and I can't remember anymore. My unblockable set up seems like it has a lot of holes.

Just a quick question, if opponent jumps during a butterfly pressure, and is blocking in mid-air, is that a guaranteed On?

if you're close enough yes there are easier (braindead) ways to deter jumping though

I already knew that answer, I just wanted a conversation. Oh anji forum is now dead (cries).

whenever someone does that to kenji he just lets them airblock and they fall to ground and he just takes a free throw. doesn't seem like there's a lot they can do about it.

Do you think it would be a better idea to just take the ground throw over On though? Both of them can lead to mix ups/pressure, but On will pull more damage, right?

You need to dash in a little bit after On to continue pressure with butterfly so it takes tiny bit more precision with input (2366P or D). I would go with On too.

On is a far better butterfly setup.However,you can't pin them at the corner if you use On (usually this situation occurs when they're backing off).However,I would take throw over On because of the corner.It just gives a lot more pressure on the other player than landing an On since people usually are a lot more focused on getting out of there instead of watching for mixups/crossups (And since you thwarted their last attempt,they're even in more pressure).

On requires you to be closer and them not to be too low to the ground yet as well. throw is more versatile

I think I recall a thread with the location of all the Anji players that signed up(and gave their location) on Dustloop (along with a map of the US and an Anji in the background),where did that go?

It got erased when somebody cleaned everything up in anji forum a while ago >:3 That was a sweet thread. Let's make a new one again.

That sounds like a cool idea. I'd be down to try to get that set up again.

Anji Hotness is Morehead KY next weekend. What you fools know about 3K?

3S? We don't know anything about that (shhh....that is a top secret)

3S: Can be gatlinged into from 2S,5S,5HS.Can be canceled into 5S or 5HS(both canceled before 3S actually appears).Has an autoguard to lows at a certain frame (I don't really remember since I hardly use it for autoguards),and easy to receive a CH if you use it without canceling.Overall risk >>>> reward.However,you will look pro if you actually cancel it off 2S/5S/5HS,exclusive bragging rights included.We actually have a thread on this don't we?

Ah...So..... I saw your matches Dawnbringer other-day and nice matches. Some people you were against are pretty damn good and you fought nicely. Just wanted to compliment your Anji :3

Actually...I considered myself pretty scrub in that tournament.I think my best match was against Marn,but then it went to crappy Fuujin spamming when I started in the loser's bracket.I'm glad I lost to John (the Ky who is also current top player of TO) because if I won,that'd just be horrible representation of our community's actual skill level.I kinda got lazy in the losers bracket and those habits transfered over to my actual gameplay.And no,tournament pressure isn't an excuse for me. What I needed to do was dead angle against Marn,and actually use my tension at times for FB Rin combos instead(even if they're going to bounce the other way).I still got ways to go with Anji...

Hehe no one plays anji in NA anymore lol. Keep it up. I might enter local tourny with Anji but I'm not too sure.

It will be a miracle if I can at least pass first round with Anji... I been busy screwing around with other characters that I completely forgotten that Anji was still my main.