Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Random Thread

There's a BC tourney coming up?

Yes sir.

Location for the August 30th Tournament has been finalized. Details as of now:

Date: August 30th; 12 pm to 11 pm. Setup between 10 am and 12 pm. Casuals before and after tournament.

Format: 1v1 and 2v2 teams; similar to last BC tournament.

Registration Fee: TBA

Cover Fee: $3 per person

Pots will be divided as per usual (either 60/30/10, or 70/20/10 depending on how many people show up).

:yaaay:

Thus I can easily throw around "Second best (Kenji's first,the only other Anji ironically) Anji in NA" title for myself even at scrub level performance.

We should play sometime. Though Canada is mad far away from me. I would like to see where I rank on the Anji scale. I hardly ever see any Anji players in NA. I was hoping to run into Kenji at Evo, but he wasn't there as far as I could see.

wut's an anji player

Anji player: Someone who is yelled at for using or spamming HS Fuujin.They're a rare breed and should be neglected even further.

I will be nice and not talk trash to Anji players because Anji is far superior to May.

SlyMoogle had factors in his life that made him be a shitty mod and now I understand. 3S cancels aren't really worth the risk if I know I can't hit it 100%.And it's not necessary to becoming a good Anji player,the little extra damage is nice,but the knockdown is most important for Anji,not flashiness. Airthrows,it's not like I'll catch a faust that often in the air not doing something (or IADing in,especially a new player who doesn't bait). Running Fuujins: I got lazy.No excuse here,even against a new player. Fuujin Loop: Again,I got lazy. Faust specific combo: talking about On into corner butterfly OTGs?I didn't put him there.And I don't want to do 2D ---> On. Double Butterflies: read 3S. Autoguard: Ok,1 match without autoguards against a new player.Big deal. TK: TK Orb...Sure,I could pull out this trick,but I chose not to.Especially when I can just shitsu. ID: I'm guessing you mean "FD Brake".Again,I got lazy and I probably don't use this that often.Good point there. FRC: I really didn't find any FRCing necessary in this match,even for RC,though it would allow me to win faster,I guess I was just being too much of an ass prolonging the guy's defeat. I don't doubt that there are better Anjis than me.But I want to see more Anji action and therefore provoke people with bullshit titles such as these. <_< Ninja Edit: Btw,I know I played like a scrub.And you kinda ruined my provoke tactic for the top Anji players to start playing.I was hoping for one of the other Anjis to step it up isntead of a non-Anji player.:psyduck:

What we really need is a All-Anji Round Robin NA tourney to see who is the best Anji, 2nd best, etc. Now all I need is a guaranteed cash prize for the winner, and some sort of plaque. If we could get funds, would it work?

Oh..why do we live so far apart D: Other character players seem like they meet up pretty regularly.

Slymoogle is our forum mod and ironically,I don't see him updating stuff such as his "on-going guide".

Ok for those of you who couldn't see this, it was posted on the 8th of February:

I'm here but...

I'm going to go ahead and bow out of the mod game.

Reasons:

1. School. 18 hours to graduate a year later is killing me.

2. Social life. Honestly I'm putting more time into friends right now than GG.

3. I just found out tonight that my mother has cancer. I'm not sure if it's a cut and it's done thing or if it's spread throughout her body. I'm kinda the butter that holds together my family's bread or whatever when things get rough. Honestly it might not be anything, but... Just not sure.

I suggest that Tiamat replaces me as mod, or that we co-mod as I'm still around, just not as much as I would like to be.

As much as I wanted to be mod, and change things, life threw me a curve ball. I tried to get something done about it, but nothing was changed.

Things were a lot different in my life when it was suggested that I mod. I thought I had a lot of time, but all of a sudden things just went to shit.

Sorry to let you guys down or whatever, but I did try to get a new mod in here.

I think slymoogle has. look through his anji THERADS

At one point and time I did, I think just to hopefully get some validity for my guide.

@Dawnbringer:

Don't let Kyle get you upset. He's just being an ass, and talking out his ass. Double Butterfly, and 3S cancels are something I don't do even though I learned how to do them. (Err... Well I do practice double butterfly against potemkin, because it's fucking worth it against Pot.) Most of it is shitty Risk/reward. Even after I learned the timing for 3S canceling and a lot of uses for it, I still decided it wasn't worth it. One fuck up on the timing and you can lose control, damage, or get countered for a nice big combo from the opponent. Just isn't worth it for the extra 30 damage or so, or for the ability to pressure more slashes in your block strings. I do use the Faust specific combo though, that shit is good for jump install combos. (After a launch) 5S, JI, 5S, SJC, j.S,j.P,j.S, momentum preserved jump cancel,j.P,j.S,j.HS,j.D,link another j.HS for a knockdown and awesome butterfly setup. Does about 200 damage and looks sweet.

Sorry about him...

I really don't know what possessed him to come to the thread and talk shit about someone he doesn't know.

Also: Bickering about who is the best "Anji" in the nation isn't conducive to the whole "Let's all get better with Anji" environment. Not that it really matters anymore as Anji will forever be shit tier in a game that will never have another sequel. :(

Also:

Bickering about who is the best "Anji" in the nation isn't conducive to the whole "Let's all get better with Anji" environment.

Not that it really matters anymore as Anji will forever be shit tier in a game that will never have another sequel.

:(

From what I heard, GG is still going on actually. BB isn't to replace Guilty Gear because BB isn't Guilty Gear. They are trying to establish a franchise so to speak, by using their engine for other games. What I heard was, they used Battle Fantasia as a test to see what they wanted GGX3 to look like, and still plan on making it.

Anyhow, I don't believe in arguing either. But I do believe that someone can't effectively claim a title without putting it to the test. I just want to play, haha.

well I don't think we gonna get a new GG for quite a long time in any case... co-mod not a bad idea. just know that I don't' especially want to be the mod, but I'm not strongly against it either. I'm rather indifferent about it. so I'm not sure you want someone like that as a mod. still not a bad idea I think

We need more people like Kyoku to "jump the gun."Because honestly,inactivity in the Anji forums make me sad.And I claimed the title because it would provoke people (unfortunately,I didn't expect a non-Anji player) to actually step up and take it (and produce more videos for me to watch in the meantime). Besides,I'll be honest,I'm not even the best Anji player in Toronto yet (as you can clearly see from the videos,Pui is a better player overall,even though he does scrub stuff,he's far more consistent and far more experienced than I am.I'll put it in his words: I'm more knowledgeable than he is,but when it comes to application,I'm lacking due to being new and inexperienced.Especially because I'm lacking casuals with a variety of players/characters). I'm still relatively new to the game in terms of match-ups,and I don't have much experience at all.But I can still throw around that "self-proclaimed" title because there's hardly ANY Anji action at all in NA.It's not like I'm the best Anji at all.It's more like I'm the only (active) one(the other one in Toronto switches characters like he's going through toilet paper).And there hasn't been much Limekey/Dry Ace on video in action as of lately.And it's sad that Domi's off the radars now.

Man if I wasn't so busy living life, I'd come play with you guys in Toronto. It's like an hour away from my house (I live in Cobourg). I main Anji, rather decently IMO, but unfortunately I have no real way of testing my true ability because I always play a slightly above-average Bridget, and nothing but. I might be doing performance music at U of T next year, so if anyone is still playing AC in a year I'll be even closer and have more means to commute.

I'm always down for the hype. I think the best Anji would have to have mirror experience in order to claim the title. Though I do understand where you are coming from. But how else could we know? Atleast in that sense, the winner is likely to know the most about their character and Anji playstyle. Either way, I think it would be a fun idea if it could actually be brought together.

Anji mirrors are pretty funny actually.Pui (the other guy in Toronto) lost to me 4/5 times but that means nothing really since he still finished 1st(somehow our guys love eating his HS Fuujins and random sjKs) and I finished 9th.I could blame it on matchup and bad brackets(as it seems that I always have to face the same May every tournament) but he still finished top.Mirrors really say nothing in terms of best Anji,but fun nonetheless.

Arguing who is better or having the ' best of' tourney is pretty pointless. Anyone can be good at this game depending on how much experience/knowledge about the game/match-ups. I used to travel for years and playing with bad, great, outstanding players, and with that It helped my overall game. Yeah, I win and lose, so does every player in here and with any character. No one is invincible/unstoppable and to claim who is best etc. I could care less for 'who is best tourney', and for those who care rubs off as some form of ego. To improve just travel to gatherings, tournaments, and absorb as much as you can.

For many (I'm most likely subjected to this too),you need to be provoked in order to get to the "next level".And we always improve with each round we play.However,claiming a "top spot" is a goal for some (like myself) and it's just their motivation in getting better. Tournaments to declaring the "best of" isn't THAT pointless.Sure,it's just a mirror match tournament...so it's just whoever's the best at X vs X.However,the main point is to go out there and meet more people.Especially the people who are on the same boat as you are. Sure,anyone could be good.But we want to become better than just "good."I,for one won't settle to being only the best,but I want to go beyond that."Best" is kinda static and I don't want that.It's just as someone said to me "You don't want to be like me.You want to be better than me.And you don't want to stop there either." Ninja edit: Well,nobody is invincible,but it doesn't mean we should just settle after a loss.I just keep striving,regardless of how many times I fall down.