Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Random Thread

Hey guys, This is the thread where I would like to see anything random you feel like posting. I.E. Anji sucks in this game, he's terrible. In the next game I want to see them give him back his sweet aerial KD combos. What do you guys want to see in the next game. Posts like that need to stay in here. Don't be making new threads for stuff like that.

lol I always wanted to ask other Anji players this: what made you play Anji?

For me, it's because he just has this air of coolness about him that is unmatched by the rest of the cast IMO. I'm also one who always reps the low tiers which only boosted my love for Anji. I enjoy his fighting style and can feel out Anji better than I could the other characters. He's just easiest to me.

Out of the whole cast, he seemed the most normal. Plus, he's a Japanese person with glasses, and I'm a half Japanese person with glasses. Its like the developers were like, "Hey Nam, we made a character just for you... and he sucks!" and then they walk out into the sunset laughing all the way.

I started playing Anji because of his butterfly pressure in Slash and how spammable his 5HS/6HS was with that godlike guard point.Plus...hardly anyone used him so I felt like being a little unique.(ABA didn't work out well for nub 'n scrub) =/

I picked him as a last resort actually. I didn't really know how to play with any of the cast. It was kinda hard for me to play with them for some reason. I saw Anji and decided to try him out. I saw the Youtube video "Harujion", and that really got me hyped for Anji. I went to the next tourney and won a couple of matches. I was extremely happy with my progress and boom! Anji became my main.

Hey guys,

In the next game I want to see them give him back his sweet aerial KD combos.

What do you guys want to see in the next game.

Give him a backwards hop from fuujin, no more landing recovery on J,Dust, Give back the old 6hs, make 6s not whiff up close, 6k counter hit stagger longer and regular rin 2 be like the slash rin.

Cause at the time i didn't like anyone else and now that im this deep in to the game im to lazy 2 really try and learn a differnt character, plus he's fun

I want 5S to raise their damn guard bar again more than anything else. I started playing anji in GGX, second character I picked (first was Chipp). Both of them for the reason that they looked cool. Eventually learned that my chipp couldn't beat a dead hamster when I started entering tournaments in late reload so I dropped him and Anji's been my main ever since. Anji is kool

Anji is a very fluid character. The closest thing I've played to it was reload sol. Everything just kinda...flows along. When your able to play anji aggressively it just feels so right and natural. It makes me happy :D

Give Anji a 5 hit Orb force break that causes KD and wall stick on CH (214 D)

Give Aoi a vacuum effect so it can all hit airborne opponents

I liked that backward hop idea and 6s hitting closer

Anji fills my flashy character quota, all his combos look so cool. Plus landing a FB guard point is teh hotness, lol.

I'd just like to combo from the orb without tension. I liked the multi-hit orb in Reload but as time goes on I kind of favor the single hit more...if only it was comboable. And Aoi not hitting airborne opponents is kind of annoying. And I'm sure you meant J.214D. A grounded orb would be interesting but not quite Anji style. And 6S whiffs suck <.<

when I scrubbed out in Reload I was best with Anji, and he was my favorite storyline character, so I kept scrubbing with him. Then I saw Eternal Blaze and went "Holy shit, theres more after Reload AND ANJI IS SICK?" Then I got AC, thinking Anji would be A-B tier. Lol. :psyduck: Still, he's fun to use, and Fuujin+Extensions is a cool concept in fighting games, plus I thought I was the shit cause I could do Guard Point OD in Reload, lol.

I've always had this knack of being able to use nearly any character to some extent, despite what some people say. I got into playing Anji in AC and i don't own slash but i got reload on my laptop. I saw his 6H was sick and his big fan, if i'm not mistaken had free movement after a certain point during the move so you didn't have to FRC it. i think they should bring back his 6H and yes, i agree they should have a back hop. that or make his S-Fujin stick if it connects in mid-air. Hell maybe even some new autoguard moves, like one for each attack. there's already 3 that i know of...i think. (P, K, D, the special that hardly anyone ever uses) ok. 4 i remember off the top of my head, anyways... i think the biggest thing that can be done is for the next game, make his 3S actually effing DO SOMETHING other than SUCK. why i decided to play anji? i had some people tell me that he's terrible and wanted to prove he's capable and has potential. he's a great aggressive character and his guard point concept was absolutely spectacular.

I think Anjis actually the best he's ever been now just that everyone else just got beefed up 2 ridiculous levels, there are a few things that can be changed for instance 1. give back the old 6hs, the new one is ok, but i like the old one better not for its gp but for butterfly strings 2.Backwards hop 3. Give hs rin back its bounce effect 4.Jump dust wall bounce effect on counter hit 5.shitsu raises guard meter 6. and lets just go ahead and make up some kinda animation 2 be 3hs why not he's got a 3p,k,and s already

Why did I start playing Anji...?Well,I just tried every character in the cast first...and I just liked the shitsu pressure more than anything else.Besides,he's got more style and a more laid-back voice in slash.I never spammed 6HS in slash...I spammed 5HS and fuujin more because I was a super scrub back then lol. And another reason that I didn't stick with Ky (even though I was far better off with him early on) is because everyone played Ky/Sol.It just didn't seem unique enough.Slayer/Chipp was too "typical."Baiken wasn't my style,Robo-Ky was weak (overheat much on block?),Eddie/ABA/Axl/Venom/Johnny/I-No/Bridget was just too hard.I didn't want to go potemkin (even though I can very often pull out that potbuster,just wasn't my style).Faust/Zappa was too weird and random (I hated it).Dizzy/Testament just didn't cut it for me.Jam looked way too complex on the input stuff (I was still a bit slow with the IADs).And May?My friend just dolphin spams with her and I didn't want to "copy."(Then he switched to Slayer) Oh...and I almost forgot my last reason,Domi.

I think Anjis actually the best he's ever been now just that everyone else just got beefed up 2 ridiculous levels, there are a few things that can be changed for instance

1. give back the old 6hs, the new one is ok, but i like the old one better not for its gp but for butterfly strings

2.Backwards hop

3. Give hs rin back its bounce effect

4.Jump dust wall bounce effect on counter hit

5.shitsu raises guard meter

6. and lets just go ahead and make up some kinda animation 2 be 3hs why not he's got a 3p,k,and s already

1. I'd love to have old 6HS back for pressuring, though maybe move the GP closer to the START of the animation would be awesome

2. Backwards hop seeems kinda strange in my head, is it fo Fuujin on block? ?_? Actually, if you bounced them off the corner with something like KSH 236H D 236H - backwards hop, that might be pretty cool...

3. Yes please! or make it faster D:

4. I don't use j.D much outside of stopping Air dashes and superjumps, so iunno about this one

5.This would be amazing, I think. It'd definitely help out Anji's offensive game, though I think more frames on block would make it sexier :eng101:

6. Agreed, I really like 3P and 3K and 3S...at least looks cool. :D;;

Lawl, sounds to me like you guys are just begging for Slash Anji back again. I disagree, and feel like Anji was his best in Slash. He's perhaps his funnest to play in Reload though. So much mind game off an overhead butterfly. :D

Well, those things I listed earlier I wouldn't mind having (I never played Slash :(), they just sounded really awesome. Personally, the only thing that really ticks me off is that GP feels completely unusable, and (a little less importantly) 6HS is retarded now, less GP or not :gonk: