Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Random Thread

Honestly I prefer AC Anji over his previous versions, especially Slash. XX and #reload versions of Anji were just garbage while in Slash he was without any doubt really powerful, with some overpowered tools like tensionless groundbouce Rin, easy autoguards and easy knockdowns any time. He could do some awesome damage but he was too reliant on RCs for that. I still see slash Anji as a fairly easy character to win with, and who didn't ask for much effort. AC Anji has gained better comboability thanks to FB rin combos, and doubled his options after autoguards. He has become more versatile and more fun overall, sure his autoguard have been toned down a lot but at least you now have to be more cautious in order to use them (rather than spamming 6HS all day like before) and you can still get knockdown combos even if it's not as easy as before. Not mentioning his 3S cancels and unblockables back thanks to FB butterfly. To put it short, more options + increased difficulty made him a lot funnier to play IMO.

It's not really that Anji's overall nerf being less fun.It's just that it seems like everyone was tuned up a few notches above Anji.Sure,Anji is at his prime (he's a little better than when he was in Slash,just a little because of all the nerf stick beatings he took),but when you look at characters like Eddie's,Testament's,and Potemkin's upgrade,Anji's nerfs really stick out.The unblockable is there,but it can be avoided unlike Eddie's. Yes,Slash Anji is EFFORTLESS because of 6HS spam.However,his damage output for knockdowns was a lot better because he had SJ knockdown combos ending with the orb,which we no longer have in AC.That's a big nerf on Anji on top of removing/nerfing his 5HS/6HS autoguards,not to mention shitsu not being as rewarding now because of the slower recovery.If anything,it decreased his options,pressures and mixup game.Where as Testament getting a ridiculous HS forward beast,Eddie getting ridiculous unblockable setups,and potemkin just getting a FRC after potbuster.Everyone else was also tuned up (cept for Ky and Sol,which were both definitely nerfed but like Anji,given new tools...only that they were top tier anyhow in Slash).

Hey all! I'm new to the forums (first post), but I've had Guilty Gear for a while, I got Isuka (...) about 3 years ago, and eventually got Good with Testament, until I later got AC+, which I moved onto other characters, currently just got good with ABA, and now I'm working on Anji. I plan Anji to be my main, simply because he feels easy to flow with for me, and a few of my friends (who in my opinion are all very great) all say that I'm somewhat "naturally talented" with Anji.

Hey all!

I'm new to the forums (first post), but I've had Guilty Gear for a while, I got Isuka (...) about 3 years ago, and eventually got Good with Testament, until I later got AC+, which I moved onto other characters, currently just got good with ABA, and now I'm working on Anji.

I plan Anji to be my main, simply because he feels easy to flow with for me, and a few of my friends (who in my opinion are all very great) all say that I'm somewhat "naturally talented" with Anji.

The forums here are totally dead but the info is still all there :D.

So have your friends been playing AC for a while or did they pick it up somewhat recently.

Yes-Anji forum's dead.Nobody really wants to use his low tier crap anymore because it's much more easier to win with other characters,even if you suck at them compared to Anji. Sure,my Anji's pretty solid lately,but it sure as hell feels easier to win with other characters against friends who have played me since I started. You earn respect winning as Anji more so than other characters though,since you have to step it up a few more notches above them to be able to win.

The forums here are totally dead but the info is still all there :D.

So have your friends been playing AC for a while or did they pick it up somewhat recently.

Well, one of them is fairly good, and I play with him alot. Then another friend and his brother are amazing, especially to watch with Sol vs Ky (cliche?).

The brothers have been playing about 4 or 5 years, and I started about 4 to 3 years ago, so not too long after them.

Today I was playing with Anji, and he's definately my main, next to Testament, now.