Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

Does playing against the computer actually help though? Don't they just DP anything you input?

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this thread. I foresee the possibility of it turning into a spam pit. :8/:

Then again, I guess if the Tagers and Bangs can do it, so can we.

I would only advise playing against ragna, to get used to performing your combos under pressure, his a.i I find is the least abused among the rest of the cast. Jin's a.i only spams dp's and fireballs. Ragna's amazingly fast dp's teach you to barrier block in the air as well.

Contrarily, having ragna on low a.i will not provide you with that pressure you need to truly get the hang of performing your combos. Hence, why I said max difficulty, learning to punish the computers missed dp's as you would see in an actual match, and learning to zone in order to build stars. As well as getting used to the new zanshin combos. It worked for me, ask sophis about my offline skills.

Thanks, yeah. Learning is learning. Be it whatever. Everything applies.

I find that looking at both sides will help you reinforce it. I mean, generally, looking at vids seem more clear to me, but for some things you really just have to read it (mostly GG shit). So yeah it's best to understand all prspectives.

Concepts are different from combos. Concepts I find at least, can only truly be understood by watching AND reading it.

Concepts are different from combos. Concepts I find at least, can only truly be understood by watching AND reading it.

Concepts...Hmm, what do you mean? :psyduck: lol2lazy2think@1am

Concepts...Hmm, what do you mean? :psyduck: lol2lazy2think@1am

Cancels, while they may be simple, reading them isn't the same as seeing it, especially reading about what cancels into what and seeing it.

Anyone who plays fighters, knows about cancels, but someone new to the genre wouldn't know about it.

Only one I could think of at the moment, doing homework at the moment:8/:

Cancels, while they may be simple, reading them isn't the same as seeing it, especially reading about what cancels into what and seeing it.

Anyone who plays fighters, knows about cancels, but someone new to the genre wouldn't know about it.

Only one I could think of at the moment, doing homework at the moment:8/:

Ah, right.

lol im doing hw too. its terrible what im doing right now rly :v:

@psy Get Mickey'd :v:

Ah, right.

lol im doing hw too. its terrible what im doing right now rly :v:

@psy Get Mickey'd :v:

eat a diiiiiii-mickey mouse. njm why are you even talking about combos when you cant do them???

Does playing against the computer actually help though? Don't they just DP anything you input?

Also I'm not sure how I feel about this thread. I foresee the possibility of it turning into a spam pit. :8/:

Then again, I guess if the Tagers and Bangs can do it, so can we.

If you're just starting out, playing the comp. might help to get a feel for the game. Fighting a real player for the first time can be a jarring experience. Spam will just outright beat anything you do.

Anyway, thread's going good so far. A bit of spam, but posts are still on-topic so I think it's fine. We're the Hakus; I doubt it'll get unruly any time soon.

EDIT:

Learning combos is like learning concepts at school, everyone learns differently. For me, I'm a visual learner (I'm in the top 5 percentile for 20-25 year olds in terms of image reproduction). But, my reading comprehension skills are wickedly poor (learning disability level) so I can't learn combos from reading it, they confuse and irritate the shit out of me.

Oooh so that's why. I did keep thinking your sentence structure was a bit weird (It's certainly not bad, just a bit odd at times), is that why? Well damn, that's gotta suck. How do you do for exam where you have to read a book?

I can commiserate, though. Trying to to understand what someone says (not just hearing, but understanding) can be very tedious since I have to make a visual representation of everything they say among other things. :vbang: Reading and writing stuff is just so much more natural it's like night and day.

lol, add in that dude with the cane and his friend who looked real sick and I don't know who else and we might as well call ourselves the Cripple Fighters. :lol::I::vbang:

If you're just starting out, playing the comp. might help to get a feel for the game. Fighting a real player for the first time can be a jarring experience. Spam will just outright beat anything you do.

Anyway, thread's going good so far. A bit of spam, but posts are still on-topic so I think it's fine. We're the Hakus; I doubt it'll get unruly any time soon.

EDIT:

Oooh so that's why. I did keep thinking your sentence structure was a bit weird (It's certainly not bad, just a bit odd at times), is that why? Well damn, that's gotta suck. How do you do for exam where you have to read a book?

I can commiserate, though. Trying to to understand what someone says (not just hearing, but understanding) can be very tedious since I have to make a visual representation of everything they say among other things. :vbang: Reading and writing stuff is just so much more natural it's like night and day.

lol, add in that dude with the cane and his friend who looked real sick and I don't know who else and we might as well call ourselves the Cripple Fighters. :lol::I::vbang:

The guy had an extreme version of scoliosis, something I had as well and had surgery for. This is a haku thread so I'll keep it short, scoliosis is when you spine is crooked, mine was severe (90 degrees). His was so bad he couldn't have surgery for it.

I have a number of problems, I have a slight hearing comprehension problem as well.

But, he's a G. Why? Because he still travelled an hour to come to our first meet up that's why. People have no excuse to support the scene hence, "Fuck Team NAH".

ANYWAYS.

Enough talk about how our body/brains suck ass balls. Tofu, approximately how big is the BB scene in toronto?

njmamm what have i told you about bringing your ex girlfriend (dog) into this? quit clogging our thread and masyer that combo.

6323AA j2A fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C theres a simple 1

uh does less damage then the regular falling jump 2c combo but I guess its a whole lot easier :/

BB scene in Toronto consists of AT LEAST 28 people that I can count on the top of my head. That doesn't include the common people who go to the arcade. At least 15 of them go to the arcade on a normal basis. That's also if you count guys who drive 3 hours to come to the arcade.

So, how would do you guys go about punishing Lambda's who love to backdash out of pressure? Or stopping them from doing it?

So, how would do you guys go about punishing Lambda's who love to backdash out of pressure? Or stopping them from doing it?

You can 4c her, when you suspect a back dash like when she does act pulsr (the dashing move). I've seen the japanese like suzume do a 2a>renka>enma>etc. If you really feel gutsy, you can try iad'ing, but if she doesn't you just screwed yourself over since you just created space between you and her. Which is her most optimal distance to fight.

uh does less damage then the regular falling jump 2c combo but I guess its a whole lot easier :/

Since this topic is still kind of fresh. psycofang2 is right in advocating this combo over the other one. Sure this combo does a little bit less damage but that extra hit (j.2A) can and allows you to restore 2 stars for the combo. This means you didn't really have a net lost of magatama and allows okie as well. You still have the 2 stars to redo the combo all over again or hotaru for safety measures. This is assuming you start a combo with 5B or 5C.

I guess its also a matter of preference. Bit of extra damage or the extra star. Personally I want the star so I always have at least 2 on me.

What two combos are you guys comparing? I only saw one and it looked like a normal 2 star corner combo.

Combo refering to

5B/5C 6323AA j2A fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C --> 2.0 stars, around 50 to 90 less damage.

5B/5C 6323AA fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C --> 1.8 stars

^ Personally, I do 5B/C 623AA combos when I feel I am a bit too far from the corner to do 214B combos. I feel much more confident doing 623AA in said situations since the dash puts me closer to the corner.

Combo refering to

5B/5C 6323AA j2A fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C --> 2.0 stars, around 50 to 90 less damage.

5B/5C 6323AA fJ2C 2C j2A ad J2A JC 5C 3C --> 1.8 stars

For the second combo after 2C you can j.2A (x2) before ADing if you're close enough(depending on if you super jump or regular jump). Should make up the star difference and still do more damage.