Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

EGotV sounds pretty MLG. I like that, I that a lot.

*Starts planning CP Hakumen video done choreographed to Bass Cannon*

he had corner carry combos in cs2?

The 5-8 star ones.

Stuff like, 5C > Renka(1) > Kishuu > hop 2C > Hotaru > ??? I forget the rest.

They were stylish.

I remember one was 3C CH, 2B > Gurren > sj.2C > Tsubaki > AD stuff

Nobody used them because they were extremely technical and expensive. But they did good damage.

My inner blackanese always wanted to see a combo video done to this song:

Also I'm glad his CSEX version got a combo video to Holy Order III since that is my favourite song to my favourite main.

The 5-8 star ones.

They were stylish.

Nobody used them because they were extremely technical and expensive. But they did good damage.

I think I remember what you're talking about, Spark partially used these combos back in EVO 2011 correct?

I don't remember Spark using it... I don't think anyone really did. Maybe dioxide remembers what they were like specifically since she's into combos.

I looked at some CS2 combo videos and saw some things that are similar but not exactly what I was thinking of.

spark only did the 3c combos with j.a j.B as i recall; while they were difficult they weren't hugely demanding like some of the other ones:

The 5-8 star ones.

They were stylish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkBOxQPCV0M all of the good ones are in this vid

I wish i still had a copy of CS, I want to try those double j.C combos that i couldn't do back then, they looked pretty cool too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zGCli-8AME&t=0m53s

right after i started to do those cs2 hit ):

really though hakumen hasn't had high execution barriers since CS2 and it's boring

I knew you would come through.

What about the 2C > Hotaru ones though. I totally remember them.

like 5c > renka (1) > kishuu > hop > 2c > high TK hotaru > air dash j.2C > 2c > sj.2a > AD j.2A > J.C

those were some of the earliest combos there were for midscreen after everyone was like "omg how do i do damage w/o enma ????????????????"

they're hard

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ZKuSmXyS0#t=2m53s

another at 5:32

tho i think the original video that had a lot of those combos had like a DMCA takedown or something

really though hakumen hasn't had high execution barriers since CS2 and it's boring

I've actually rather grown to dislike his combo system (gives me at least some level of carpal tunnel, when I play him for extended periods of time). But I see this changing with his OD combos and the new BB combo system coupled with Repeated Same Attack forced proration forcing you to be constantly aware of the moves you used, what your starter was how much time do you have left in OD, screen positioning, and how many magatama you currently have.

cs2 was more fun

Even so that is in the past.

hazama is better

you are obviously a heretic.

It was a legit question though lol

420 BLAZE IT FAGGET

and that was a legit response, heathen.

I will join you fine gentlemen in the quest for a higher level of Hakumen.

I will pour my efforts into the development of a practical 10k OD combo to demonstrate how utterly futile it is to oppose the White Void. I will crush their hopes, dreams, and souls into fine dust.

God bless.

Another Gentleman raising arms to the cause, this is indeed a fine day.

Purpge them, purge the filth that deny our swordsman his glory.

these eathens will be taught a lesson.

EDIT: on a more serious note, fo you think hakumens guage gives away too much of his mixup? i had an odd thought that if people couldnt see his drive minus the user it would boost his mixup by alot.

I did since I really loved how Tsubaki worked when I got better at Haku's execution in CS2. But I could never get his midscreen 5C > Renka down since I always messed up spacing the height right whenever I was in a match.

I've been trying to work midscreen step Tsubaki > step Kishuu > 2C > corner carry down into my play but I always seem to mess it up at grinding out the step Kishuu whenever I try to confirm the Tsubaki correctly. Other than that, yeah Hakumen's combos are really easy.

considering what his combo choice is now in cp

his combos may have gotten tighter or flattened to a steady execution barrier thats not stupid how but not braindead either.

i havent seen a legit corner combo that actually can be called a corner specific combo in cp, either they arent experimenting with it right now or there just might not be 1.

i've seen combos that do lots of j.C and 5c otg 2c, but frankly they don't happen consistently enough for me to safely assume they're even the most ideal (they also seem to get dropped half the time)

whereas on the contrary i've seen people just doing the midscreen j.2a > dj.2c > 5a loops in the corner on a lot of occasions. it might be a matter of meter gain like in CSE, where the traditional 3x dustloop combos technically do the most damage but the combos that use 6a 5c otg 2c etc. etc. generate more meter in trade for a negligible damage loss

CP combos are braindead easy. Loop will take like 5 days to figure out if you already know all his j.B j.2A combos and things like that.

I suppose I will have to get used to using it all sorts of different situations and the scaling for all of those.

> on a more serious note, fo you think hakumens guage gives away too much of his mixup? i had an odd thought that if people couldnt see his drive minus the user it would boost his mixup by alot.

I always keep an eye on stars for both Hakus in mirrors. Hard to tell when the opponent is involved though, half the time they have no idea since I'll do a move that would normally have a special followup, and they will burst. Except I had 0 stars.

EDIT: on a more serious note, fo you think hakumens guage gives away too much of his mixup? i had an odd thought that if people couldnt see his drive minus the user it would boost his mixup by alot.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of metered mixups in the game that aren't exclusive to Hakumen, and foreknowledge that it's coming doesn't help you block 50/50's.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of metered mixups in the game that aren't exclusive to Hakumen, and foreknowledge that it's coming doesn't help you block 50/50's.

what?

i was talking about how the star guage gives away what he can currently do, alot of people i play watch his guage. if they know his star number they know what options he currently has avaliable. thats what i was getting at.

im more than aware hakumen isnt the only meter mix up character, other characters just dont have a guage saying when ragna is allowed to use guantlet hades.

Edit: woops ment isnt

It's more the fact that for Haku he uses meter for most of his mixup, rather than just specific setups. So by watching his stars you know right off the bat what moves to take off the table.

It's more the fact that for Haku he uses meter for most of his mixup, rather than just specific setups. So by watching his stars you know right off the bat what moves to take off the table.

even if its just "what if talk" we are always in the wrong.

purge them all.

I love how the jC wall stick works in the corner in CP, jC > IAD jC > Zantetsu~ connecting looks so sweet.

Also, Hakumen's meter does give the opponent an idea of what Hakumen is capable of so yes but it doesn't really make things obvious as the other characters imo unless if you don't mix your options up yourself.

where did you see this connect?

also it was only going off the fact that if said meter option was true it would make alot of people less confident when they fight hakumen.

How can it not make it as obvious, when the other ones don't have to use meter for mixup.

If he has 0-2 stars, right off the bat they don't need to worry about Tsubaki. Block low and watch for 6B/throw, etc.

It's still easy to mix people up though since there are many factors besides that at play.

mixup is mixup no matter what. but when something gives away your current options people get more confident.

where is the meter was invisible only to hakumen, i garuntee they wll panic more often because they dont know what hes currently capable of.