Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sophisticat

[CPEX] Hakumen Gameplay Discussion

Hmm... Well, I can do the IAD followup after midscreen Tsubaki, so there's that.

I always felt like the random with Haku thing is just because they don't main him.

The thing with counters is, sometimes there are situations where they are the only way you can keep your advantage. Like Ragna's wakeup, he has 50 heat, I KNOW he is going to wakeup and do Inferno Divider probably, so rather than block it and let him RC it I just counter it and throw him back into the corner.

You should get on BB again.

*Puts on shades* I'm already on BB again. But yea I agree with you about counters. Sometimes I also use it when my opponent is pressuring me to the point where I can't use anything to get out of their pressure, so I'll look for an opportunity to counter them.

I'll also counter when they're obvious with their pressure/tools. Otherwise I rather just go for a traditional punish, like 2a/3c/jb or something along those lines.

But don't worry mAc I don't think anyone will be taking your aggressive Hakumen title away anytime soon.

I need to start playing again.

been on soul sacrifice too long, need ot quit before i start believing hakumen can shoot lightning motars and using his many eyes to turn people to stone.

Fair enough, we can give it a try. I'm just curious to see how everyone uses this character. Makes this very interesting, while the combos system, especially with Hakumen is very linear, there is still very strong mind games which enhances this game.

Hopefully I'll have enough time/energy for us to face each other.

Guilty Gear is still crack though

That is why I always liked Haku mirrors. You have finally SEEN THE LIGHT.

It always feels weird when people say I'm the most aggressive Hakumen because I'm so used to people always saying I was the most patient and defensive one. That was ages ago though.

Maybe you just go through phases. I'm the same way.

Once upon a time, I was patient when I played Tager.

You both just realized playing patient was for punks and the best way to win was to press buttons until you win.

I probably use Zanshin more than anyone although the results depends.

Your response to my AA 5A was to jD it rather than change your approach. You're just addicted to it.

But don't worry mAc I don't think anyone will be taking your aggressive Hakumen title away anytime soon.

I think Soul is more aggressive than Mac. Although psyco sometimes can be seriously aggressive certain sessions and then the next time you play him, he just sits there doing nothing. It is so weird.

Your response to my AA 5A was to jD it rather than change your approach. You're just addicted to it.

I do that all the time, I mean it makes sense. If I can intimidate you into thinking you won't be able to AA me then it really lets me get away with aerial approach much easier.

But if he just did jB, he would beat out my 5A with no risk. This tends to happen at the start of the round. I just backdash and 5A since I know Mac likes to start with IAD j2C. Haku's jB beats Lambda's 5A in almost every situation. If he whiffs jD, he is going to eat a huge combo.

And Mac already knows that he can't intimidate me through methods like that so he is just doing it for fun.

You both just realized playing patient was for punks and the best way to win was to press buttons until you win.

I think Soul is more aggressive than Mac. Although psyco sometimes can be seriously aggressive certain sessions and then the next time you play him, he just sits there doing nothing. It is so weird.

Who's Soul? Sounds like psycho is varied.

Soul-6-Ookami is a great PSN Haku

Wow that means a lot for you to say that... I can't imagine anyone more aggressive than mAc to be honest with you guys.

He might be switching to mu in CP. But its still too early to tell..

that avatar...

Soul is honestly the best, well-rounded Haku I've played on PSN. His play is clutch.

Psycho is the most intuitive I've seen. Tends to switch between RTSD and tactical play. Can be as deeply analytical as he can be wild and unpredictable.

Eb is the nastiest, most runaway scumbag player ever.

But I still love you, bro. :3

Dioxide is indeed awesome at combos. Neutral game could use some work, but deadly Haku in the making here.

ApologyMan (WallJumpMan) is just goddamn clutch. Very proactive style, doesn't just sit there and wait, he actively seeks victory and gets it. Overall best Haku I've played yet.

I'll never play Mac because it's not to be. ;_;

Finally, I may be forgetting some names... ._.;

Guess he enjoys using characters like that.

Wow that means a lot for you to say that... I can't imagine anyone more aggressive than mAc to be honest with you guys.

Play Soul. It might just be his anti-Lambda strat though

. Although psyco sometimes can be seriously aggressive certain sessions and then the next time you play him, he just sits there doing nothing. It is so weird.

i have many faces of evil.

Who's Soul? Sounds like psycho is varied.

Soul is my long time friend, hes a bastard <3. I a can just switch from being patient to being very hyper agrressive. idky i thought most people did this.

He might or he'll be going back to NU or noel.

This is a surprise. I've never seen him use Mu.

He uses her, fraud as hell too.

Imdabes Haku because I hate him so much, yet I find him so much fun. Dem colliding feelings clash and create a chemical reaction that makes me dabes

Man now I want to fight all the Hakumens again. I need to fight WJM and Spark.