Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSlyMoogle

Anji Mito: Anji Discussion Thread

B- 2S 3S cancel then 5S..combo..

In this case I wouldn't recommend 3S cancelling 2S into 5S, because you're basically "wasting" (or at least making worse) potential pressure if 2S doesn't hit.... 5S will hit on block after the 2hits of the shitsu, and with the opponent too far away from you to take real advantage from the usual benefits of a blocked 5S.

When you use 2S to break the guard before the shitsu hits, believe me it's better to wait and see and use 5HS to confirm the hit (which will work thanks to the shitsu hits) or do nothing if it's blocked. Then if 2S is blocked you should still have enough time to dash up 5K into pressure.

That why i used 5K instead of 5S ..(less push back on block)

Dash 5K is indeed generally better to use than dash 5S right after shitsu okizeme, not because of pushback but because it's faster, thus making your opponent less likely to escape and leaving you more time to combo after the 3P mixup if you choose to do it.

But my point still stands regardless, the pushback difference between a dash 5K or a dash 5S as a first move after shitsu okizeme is negligible anyway since you have the dash momentum.

What ends up killing your spacing on block is the 3S~5S part after 2S, because 1) 3S cancelling stops your dash momentum and 2) your 5S will be blocked just right after the falling shitsu hits, which push your opponent back.

I see..

My goal was to mix up between 3P and low attacks like 2S.. Then i might use 2D instead then Sfujin to FB Rin combo..but it's bad that it won't work in some characters..

No man you didn't get it... I'm not saying you shouldn't try to mix up with 2S, it's a very legit mixup and I use it myself all the time.

All I'm trying to say since the beginning is that it's better not to chain 2S into 3S cancel 5S in this precise situation. What I'm advising to do instead is to throw your butterfly, then dash 5K, 2S and then:

- If 2S is blocked, wait for the move to recover and dash into pressure while your opponent is blocking the falling butterfly.

- If 2S hits, cancel into 5HS which will work in this situation thanks to the butterfly hits.

Sorry if this wasn't clear. :)