Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

I'll have my 360 & if I'm not using it at the time, I guess you can use it. However, there are a lot of reasons why it might not be worth it: 1. I don't have a monitor for it. Mine will be used for an AH3 setup. 2. No one has a 360 stick. Maybe 3 guys have dual nodded sticks, but that's not a whole lot. 3. I don't have DLC. I also don't think I'll have a connection to XBL to update the game if there is any patches.

With that in mind, I'll keep the 360 in my car. Hit me up if the conditions seem reasonable for setting it up.

I think best buy has a ps3 controller that looks like a 360. You might want to throw down for that for the tournament if you don't want to learn stick or ps3.

All right, guys. I got everything ready for Norcal Install (EXCEPT FOR THE AH3 game. Play-Asia... NEVER AGAIN). I posted the stream on the SRK Calendar and corrected any errors I might have found on streaming relevant links.

I'm not too sure how many viewers we will get this time around, but who knows. I will ask Haunts to also embed the stream on the front page of Iplaywinner, so... let's get the ball rolling!

All right, guys. I got everything ready for Norcal Install (EXCEPT FOR THE AH3 game. Play-Asia... NEVER AGAIN). I posted the stream on the SRK Calendar and corrected any errors I might have found on streaming relevant links.

I'm not too sure how many viewers we will get this time around, but who knows. I will ask Haunts to also embed the stream on the front page of Iplaywinner, so... let's get the ball rolling!

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with NCI, but were you still planning on doing the MvC3 launch party thing at Drom's?

Also BeaverDeity, you really should either get that controller Crosell mentioned or get used to PS3 pad. The tournament standard is PS3, and most tourneys are going to be played on PS3. In small local tournaments you might get lucky with people being more patient and having to work around a player wanting to only play on 360, but I doubt that'll fly at larger tournaments.

cdjapan > playasia :3

I think best buy has a ps3 controller that looks like a 360. You might want to throw down for that for the tournament if you don't want to learn stick or ps3.

They have these at gamestop as well, my friend got one for the last nci :P

I know this doesn't really have anything to do with NCI, but were you still planning on doing the MvC3 launch party thing at Drom's?

Also BeaverDeity, you really should either get that controller Crosell mentioned or get used to PS3 pad. The tournament standard is PS3, and most tourneys are going to be played on PS3. In small local tournaments you might get lucky with people being more patient and having to work around a player wanting to only play on 360, but I doubt that'll fly at larger tournaments.

Yes. Release day of Marvel 3 at drom's = IPW-streamed by Coopa.

Right now, I'm talking over the details with haunts. Worst comes to worst, we will be dual-streaming. Aka, he streams on Justin TV and I stream on Iplaywinner's Ustream. But it will be streamed period.

Right now, I'm talking over the details with haunts. Worst comes to worst, we will be dual-streaming. Aka, he streams on Justin TV and I stream on Iplaywinner's Ustream. But it will be streamed period.

Shit, why didn't I hear about this sooner. I might have to go to this.

Shit, why didn't I hear about this sooner. I might have to go to this.

Bring a setup and buy Marvel 3 from the store!

just out of curiosity, were you ever planning on uploading the rest of the NCI casual matches?

Remember I told everyone :(

The audio for every match went to SHIT. Mystic vs. Coopa survived, our match was sorta there, and then after either I pressed something or a switch went off, which KILLED the sound. Plus it was in English :v:

If you need a BBCS disk, I could bring mine... I just really want to play BB on an Xbox360 since I don't have an arcade stick and I've never used the PS3 before ;-;

I'm bring a my spare stick I never use, the "Furry Stick" lol.

Hey, Rin. Bring your mixer anyway. Something bad might have happened with mine.

Oh no what happened :(

Is release day Tuesday or Wednesday? Also, what time to what time?

Bring a setup and buy Marvel 3 from the store!

If I have work off i'll come and bring a set-up. Not sure where you ment to buy it from though.

I'll have my 360 & if I'm not using it at the time, I guess you can use it. However, there are a lot of reasons why it might not be worth it:

1. I don't have a monitor for it. Mine will be used for an AH3 setup.

2. No one has a 360 stick. Maybe 3 guys have dual modded sticks, but that's not a whole lot.

3. I don't have DLC. I also don't think I'll have a connection to XBL to update the game if there is any patches.

With that in mind, I'll keep the 360 in my car. Hit me up if the conditions seem reasonable for setting it up.

Well now, let's make that 1 Dedicated 360 Stick for your 360 AH3 setup. I always bring it even though it's a stock 360 TE in case it's ever needed. Same with my stock PS2 Tekken 5 Stick.

I'm going to be bringing my PS3 for this month, but I just remembered (like, not even 5 minutes ago) that my CS save doesn't have Mu unlocked (but I bought the Mak & Valk DLC when it was on sale for the sake of NCI). So until I Gamefly it again to grind out Story Mode, my CS setup's everyone minus Mu. It could just be used for a PS3 AH3 Setup for this month due to that and I can prep it with Mu for future months.

I can bring my TE for the 360 setup if you wanna have that one extra setup. might be good given the amount of stuff we have to get through this month

Buy it at Droms because they are hosting the venue. They sell games there too ya know :3

Except I work at gamestop so i'll be buying it there :P

Enless Droms could sell me a collectors edition at 15% off (even then I probably wouldn't because I want the game at midnight :P)

Everyone read the first post over for new announcements. I updated the post with the times and information.

SO DON'T Y'ALL BE SAYIN' WHAT THINGS AND TIMES START CAUSE IT'S ON THE FIRST PAGE KAY

See you all tomorrow.

Bring plenty of Mortons.

Set-up and opening hours will be approximately 10 or 11 AM.

Can we get a clarification on this because I would like to get there as early as possible but would prefer not to wait outside in the cold.