Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

what'd I say wrong :/

70% "oh, another bullshit character" and 30% "players are retarded" instead of the entertaining nonsense you fit into, say, your marvel commentary, or the days of your BB commentary before you found marvel.

See, what the commentary doesn't even touch on is how difficult the matchup is. When it's Bang V Litchi, the commentary is all "Litchi's stupid, Bang's stupid", instead of "This is an even matchup, this should be a good fight between two strong players". Similarly ignored is the specific player reads or strategies, everything is grouped into lucky or bad, the good plays are overlooked, under-stated or intentionally ignored.

Oh, and it's 100% always biased towards our region, unless making fun of our own region player (Which seems to only be the case when I'm playing, and yes, it sucks)

The only character/match-up I felt I hated on was Tager v Arakune(/anyone, I guess) which...I've always done.

idk. I'm not hearing any difference from what I usually say, which is mostly a bunch of BS + Tager is shitty and I hate Arakune.

I dunno. I didn't have much problems with your commentary in general, but I could see how people could. For the most part, I guess it was just distracting to hear "TECH GOD DAMN YOU TECH" in my match with Huey, when I wasn't for a reason. Maybe stay away from "advice comm"

Other than that it was really only the complaining about characters, which you probably didn't mean as much as it sounded like you did

i would offer to commentate, but i guess i'm a troll or something.

I dunno. I didn't have much problems with your commentary in general, but I could see how people could. For the most part, I guess it was just distracting to hear "TECH GOD DAMN YOU TECH" in my match with Huey, when I wasn't for a reason. Maybe stay away from "advice comm"

Other than that it was really only the complaining about characters, which you probably didn't mean as much as it sounded like you did

k

it's just a little annoying to always get this kind of stuff after it's done and I can't do anything about it anymore. why doesn't anyone ever speak up about anything ever

k

it's just a little annoying to always get this kind of stuff after it's done and I can't do anything about it anymore. why doesn't anyone ever speak up about anything ever

Man I tell you you overdo "this character is bs" every day :(

Also, I never want to buzzkill at a tournament, especially not when I was personally enjoying almost all of your commentary, especially when we were both on the mic. The rap battle was too fucking good.

Yeah, it was. I think the casuals had the best vibe, for sure. The tournament itself had the best play, though. It was intense.

Heh, I actually liked the GG commentaries. I'm actually a big fan of Spirit Juice's commentary since back when KenI was still around. Frankly speaking, I wanted the famous DacidBro to do the commentary along with Spirit Juice for GG, but I remember him saying in the stream "There won't be any DacidBro commentating on GG. I'll kill him if he does." LMAO

Oh, and it's 100% always biased towards our region, unless making fun of our own region player

Well, everyone from PNW should have known that we wouldn't get any home advantage, so it's totally understandable.

PS. I'd like to see the full result + bracket for BB, if available.

Awake for reals now. Dacid you are quite the man, meeting you was probably the highlight of the trip for me. I look forward to seeing you at the August NCI. You need anything, let me know.

GG's to Sonti and Mystic D in casuals, glad I could help you guys with matchup knowledge and character specifics (My girl's gdlk hitbox).

Who was the fellow, I think he was a GG player with long hair who showed up at Honnou's with Severin? He was looking for some advice about building a stick.

Again, shoutouts to Philly Cheesesteak, that place was legendary.

Good shit to Won and Tae for beating people up in GG, Dizzy and Pot represent.

Shoutouts to Scott being a great guy IRL even though I always thought he was kind of a dick on Dustloop.

I would like to thank Chun and that guy whose name I never got for successfully organizing and running the BB tourney, regardless of how late it ran.

Props to Spark for playing rushdown Haku for the first time in a long time and making everyone look free with it.

Team F4L t-shirts will always be hype. Mystic D, yours in in production.

Had a great time guys, see you again soon.

Awake for reals now. Dacid you are quite the man, meeting you was probably the highlight of the trip for me. I look forward to seeing you at the August NCI. You need anything, let me know.

GG's to Sonti and Mystic D in casuals, glad I could help you guys with matchup knowledge and character specifics (My girl's gdlk hitbox).

Who was the fellow, I think he was a GG player with long hair who showed up at Honnou's with Severin? He was looking for some advice about building a stick.

Again, shoutouts to Philly Cheesesteak, that place was legendary.

Good shit to Won and Tae for beating people up in GG, Dizzy and Pot represent.

Shoutouts to Scott being a great guy IRL even though I always thought he was kind of a dick on Dustloop.

I would like to thank Chun and that guy whose name I never got for successfully organizing and running the BB tourney, regardless of how late it ran.

Props to Spark for playing rushdown Haku for the first time in a long time and making everyone look free with it.

Team F4L t-shirts will always be hype. Mystic D, yours in in production.

Had a great time guys, see you again soon.

Those shirts were awesome

Shoutouts to fuckin COR.

Same to you man, tell me if you need anything. Chances of us legitimately being able to help each other might be rare, but I've got a lot of Cali hookups, so if there's anything I can get to you via the internet I might be able to pull it off. Keep in touch :eng101:

GGs to all of Nor Cal. It was great playing you guys!

Rod, you crazy son of a bitch! Great Guilty Gear matches! Best Ino in the West for sure! Thanks for also showing us around a bit, it was fun visited Japan town! I'll hopefully see you at EVO!

GGs Copperdabbit, I'll get you next time, using TAGER. I will not go to using Noel! I wanna win this with the big guy.

GGs to Severin. Awesome Lambda, I was pretty much dead once I knew you fought mikeZ a lot of times. I was already dead. Hope to see you again.

GGs to Won, and his driving lol. Crazy ass mofo!

You're probably thinking of Aginor, who was helping me run BB bracket and calling out matches that needed to be played.

As far as commentary goes, I'll try to win an Oscar next time I do commentary for "best acting". In other words: since a small handful of people still care about CS1 and not CS2 (wha?), I'll do my best to pretend I like BBCS right now.

I had lots of fun meeting everyone up at Rod's place and NCI! My shoutouts!

@Rod/honnou: Thank you so much for letting Severin and I over to play GG and BB! I wish we could have stayed longer and played more games together at NCI. I want to play more against your Ino, that's for sure! :] You are a super awesome and nice guy and i hope to hang with you again soon!

@Digital Watches: It was awesome finally getting to meet and play you! After playing your Axl, it really opened my eyes to break some bad habits i still have. You're a truly funny guy and thank you for keeping me company when no one was around to play me in GG! Hahaha, definitely can't wait to hang with you again soon! Oh and i had fun talking to your friend too! I"m sorry i forgot his name but, he was also a very cool guy! :]

@John/Mayftw/Taoftw: FINALLY after all those years of knowing you and getting to meet you in person! :] You definitely made the trip worth while, and i totally wish i cam to visit you sooner! It's too bad you don't play fighting games anymore, but thank you for everything John and stay healthy and well! :D You're an amazing and inspirational person!

@brett & Soniti:So glad i got to see you guys again! Definitely come down to Socal more! :D I'll definitely do a gathering at my place so we can hang all together and play games!

@tea seong kim: Maan i really appreciate all the advice and super fun games we played together! Even after playing Mike so many times, it still wasn't good enough! Hahaha, but definitely i had so much fun playing with you and i really appreciate the compliments and games. I hope we run into each other again for more!

@Other SoCal group (James/Alex/Jeff): It was super nice seeing familiar faces! :] I hope we can all get together again and play more soon. Yaay Socal! And thanks for the Order Sol advice Jeff! I'll be more ready next time!

@Chun: Thank you very much for letting Severin and I set up Skullgirls! Overall the entire tournament was super fantastic fun! Thanks for having us! :]

To those i played against (like qwerty), good games and i hope to be back! I'm sorry i didn't really get to talk to or meet PNW or much of the BB norcal players! I'm a bit shy and i don't know much about BB either :[. though, when CS2 comes out, i hope to get into it and play all of you! You guys were fantastic fun and hype! Hope to see you all again! :]

If i forgot about you, let me know! @_@ I'll post pictures and stuff i took here soon :]

Thanks for the memories and good times and can't wait for NCI's Major! Advertise the shit out of it!

Shoutouts!:

Chun & other people helping run the tournament: Thanks a lot for putting this together! Things ran pretty late but it wasn't a problem since PNW is usually up late anyways. You guys did a great job, thanks for inviting us! Keep practicing your Litchi, Chun. I think if you put the time in you could be pretty strong :)

Rin: Good shit on the stream setup, you're a champ at what you do. Thanks!

natearistata: Haha, you're a big ass dude. It was nice meeting you and fun to hear you do some commentary, hopefully next time I can sneak some games in with you.

Dacidbro: It was great meeting with you again and actually getting some games in! Hakumen mirrors were pretty hype, lol. Too bad you cut your hair :(

Sanoshi: Hey, didn't really talk with you but it was nice seeing you! Good job in GG!

CopperDabbit: You disappeared after brackets :(

Severin: Nice seeing you again also and finally getting to play you. You're a smart player, had some fun matches with you. Move up here! You'd fit right in :eng101:

Rod: HUGE thanks to you for housing us. You're an awesome guy, thanks a lot. :)

As for the rest of Cali, it was great meeting you all (some of you for the second time) and I had an awesome time. I'll definitely come down again next time PNW goes.

And special shoutouts to maple bacon nightmare :(

Sounds like you guys had fun. I had an overly long Friday session and ended up not sleeping and missing NCI. FML.

I caught the stream though. Skullgirls looks to be coming along great. huey/Dacid match was hype, Spark is a good Hakumen. I agree on the complaints about commentary, in-jokes/hate/putting people on blast should only take up a minority (if present at all) of in-match talk. The actually interesting and relevant stuff like matchup details, play-by-play and player tendencies (especially this) should be what you guys are talking about if you actually know what you're talking about.

its cool that people were hating on bang/litchi/pnw/etc...

but alot of time the commentators weren't even talking about the match.

i think stream monsters and spectators both complained about it.

other than that i had a alot of fun.

shoutouts time:

mystic d: keep practicing man, 2 months and you'll blow up all of norcal. plastic chicken says don't post his ab2 enders

honnou: THANKS AGAIN BRO, I'LL BRING EVEN MORE NIGGAS. we'll talk soon.

chun: STAY GDLIKE Chun, like i said, just keep winning and all the haters will get quiet.

walljumpman: you have a long ways to go, play more patient, don't burn your meter so fast, and use less D :(

dacidbro: thanks for exposing my free ass, maybe one day i'll be able to play in tourney lol

copperdabbit: sad we couldn't get casuals, i couldn't find you :(

severin: maybe in BB4, bang vs lambda won't be a horrible matchup so we can have more games :3

rin: thanks for the advice and i'll see you in june hopefully. maybe i could room with you guys or something :3

sG: my nigga.

Sparkz!: good job scrub

Kaigu: for not coming and getting First place easily over everybody else, best player in PNW on NAH status :(

Stream Monsters: THANKS for supporting me guys, i really appreciate it (even though i'm free)

on a serious note: i know that bbcs isn't really popular right now but this is the best time to improve at bb/fgs in general. pressure and mixup is only STRONGER in CS2 (played it first hand), so you need to learn to deal with bang/litchi's bullshit instead of just writing it off as cheap. Litchi's meterless oki is really strong and it forces the opponent to neutral tech into a high low grab mixup. Alot of people didn't tech or really didn't block it correctly at all (i think i saw someone block it once).my point is, its time to LEVEL UP!

dacidbro: thanks for exposing my free ass, maybe one day i'll be able to play in tourney

on a serious note: i know that bbcs isn't really popular right now but this is the best time to improve at bb/fgs in general. pressure and mixup is only STRONGER in CS2 (played it first hand), so you need to learn to deal with bang/litchi's bullshit instead of just writing it off as cheap. Litchi's meterless oki is really strong and it forces the opponent to neutral tech into a high low grab mixup. Alot of people didn't tech or really didn't block it correctly at all (i think i saw someone block it once).my point is, its time to LEVEL UP!

Respek

You're the man Huey. You've made unbelievable improvements from the days of CT online (lol what a grand place to meet). Your defense is truly remarkable, a trademark of PNW for sure.

A little secret, in the casuals before the tournament, I realized PNW was just much, much stronger than norcal; for that reason, I decided to change my game 180; instead of taking strong knockdown into mix up, I went with on the fly gimmicks and bumpers and FRKZ, on top of using momentum and generally having much more tournament experience. It worked really well for the most part, but in the end it was just too much of a distance. You guys are extremely impressive, and I'm glad there's a scene that strong willing to travel far enough to keep us honest down here.

I need a Litchi to practice with, that's all. That matchup is really stupid though, both characters are just so obnoxiously powerful on offense. Whoever gets started first is easily able to control the flow, Litchi being a lot better at continuing the destruction, Bang being better at starting first.

Shoutouts:

Dacidbro for being a cool guy and living up to his hype IRL.

Copperdabbit for taking the time to play me in some casuals and teach me the arakune match up.

Chun for one of the best tournament organizers I've ever seen.

All of Cali for being down with the PNW hype and smack talk (It was all in good fun, we have nothing but respect for you guys)

shoutout to my hazama t-shirt :3

and shoutouts to GRAVITY SQWEEEZZE!!!

SPREAD DEM BUTTCHEEKS WE GOIN' IN!

If you want a good commentary duo to model after I really like when Rod and KatanaDash are doing GG commentary. They both do a bit of caster+analysis with little hating from what I remember.