Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

I'm a bit torn myself. I think it'd be a great way to start the new season by having the first tournament be CS2, but the date that makes the most sense (while keeping close to the first Saturday of every month theme) is May 14th. Realistically, that means less than a week of play time before the first tournament. Guess it really depends on what everyone else thinks.

I'm absolutely down with the wait until CS2. Youtuber's will be searching for "Cs2 Gameplay", and thats what we'll have. Albiet, we'll be scrubby as hell with only a couple days training, but whatever, its hype. I'm sure we'll get plenty of "WOW THAT WORKS NOW?!" moments, which are lolful.

Plus I'm busy :3

I personally vote for CS1 tournament on the first weekend of the month. By that point we wouldn't have had a tournament for over a month for BB and I'd rather not enter a tournament with one week of experience. If anything, I'd say we go back to having a tournament on the first and third saturdays of the month (if possible of course) and those who want to enter a CS2 tourney early would get to after about a week or two of practice.

Thoughts?

Albiet, we'll be scrubby as hell with only a couple days training, but whatever, its hype. I'm sure we'll get plenty of "WOW THAT WORKS NOW?!" moments, which are lolful.

As if, even with months of practice, people don't drop basic combos. "Wow that works?" applies to CS1 all the time with the ghetto bluebeats/pickups/resets.

I'm in support of the "CS2 ASAP" mentality, admittedly because I'm not actually going to start playing Blazblue again until then.

Though, I fully agree with RinHara's position, we would have some insanely early footage of CS2 to showcase to the BB Vlog, which is always extremely hype, and I think the tournament is likely to be very exciting on account of the game being so new again.

I think having bb tournament with one week of experience would be hilariously fun since everyone will be playing like total scrubs from lack of experience from having such little time with the game.

except me tho

cuz i m the best

why is this even a debate? it's not like we ran qualifiers on cs1 and are holding a cs2 tournament.

cs2 all the flippin way. i might even play cs2 for a little bit.

Can't we have two NCI's in one month :3

I was wondering this too. Wasn't it a big deal before that NCI always be the first Saturday of the month. And even if not NCI, there shoud be some sort of CS2 tourney/gathering the weekend after it comes out.

If NCI is still the first Saturday of the month, then I won't be able to make it for any of the tournaments due to a rarer event on the same day. The event in question is happening a couple blocks away though, so I can try to arrange my HD setup to anyone who's interested in helping me pick it up.

I want to resume NCI on it's regular schedule on May 7th. If Aksys can head up, we'd be delighted to have you!

Side Note: Running 2 NCIs in the same month = Exhausted Chun is Quite Exhausted and Almost Dead

Maybe I can come up with CS2 if it's on April 30/May 7th.

No promises though.

If CS2 is going to be there, I'm coming for sure. Fuck school.

Side Note: Running 2 NCIs in the same month = Exhausted Chun is Quite Exhausted and Almost Dead

You can do it Chun! Just eat more meat buns! :O

Maybe I can come up with CS2 if it's on April 30/May 7th.

No promises though.

Wait is this James? Or Mike? Anyways if you could hype up NCI, it would be amazing. We support Aksys's games anyways :P

Wait is this James? Or Mike? Anyways if you could hype up NCI, it would be amazing. We support Aksys's games anyways :P

OF COURSE THAT ISN'T "JAMES"

come on Rin....

I want to resume NCI on it's regular schedule on May 7th. If Aksys can head up, we'd be delighted to have you!

Chun you are the bionic man you got this :3

Btw we should hear from Aksys sooner than later because 10 days is short notice, and knowing how difficult it is to secure SJSU everytime, Chun will have a lot of work.

Again though, easy publicity. Iplaywinner stream/BBVlog all that stuff.

#include <verb/delegate.h>

May or may not show up if CS2 isn't there. If it is, dunno if we should have a tournament for it since that would be even sillier than having a tournament with only 3 days experience. lolz

CS1 tournament will just be a tournament. No ranbat points will be rewarded since I want to start off the season fresh with CS2.