Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Who'd be down if we could set up a mini Vampire Savior side tournament? Since Southtown Arcade now has a cab, I've been trying to get into it (and also trying to convince other people to get into it as well).

I realize that most, if not all of us, don't play the game/barely play the game/horribly suck at it, so we can just have the entry fee at $1. Finding a time slot for it might be a little iffy as well, so how about 2/3 rounds single-elimination? That way we can just squeeze it in during the dinner break or something.

tenkai-45i[xTF];1009531']Who'd be down if we could set up a mini Vampire Savior side tournament? Since Southtown Arcade now has a cab, I've been trying to get into it (and also trying to convince other people to get into it as well).

I realize that most, if not all of us, don't play the game/barely play the game/horribly suck at it, so we can just have the entry fee at $1. Finding a time slot for it might be a little iffy as well, so how about 2/3 rounds single-elimination? That way we can just squeeze it in during the dinner break or something.

I'm so down. I played a bit of this game for fun. Played Morrigan though.

Anyway, just for a quick reminder. Iplaywinner will be streaming at Hadocon. NCI will be streamed by FKO.

www.justin.tv/finestko

So, if you want to stream Vampire Savior on FKO, then I'll have to pass out a key.

Edit: Let's just keep this NCI relaxing. I honestly just want to hang out and kick back for once with a couple of you guys. I mean, seriously, when was the last time I went out to eat with Rod, for instance? Rod, I got you for your next dinner, man.

I'll mash buttons in dalkstalkers/vampire savior if there's a set-up for it. Ankaris has lizards in his pants.

Sooo nobody able to pick up vanfleihight and I in Sacramento on the way to this?

tenkai-45i[xTF];1009531']Who'd be down if we could set up a mini Vampire Savior side tournament? Since Southtown Arcade now has a cab, I've been trying to get into it (and also trying to convince other people to get into it as well).

I'd love that. I'd totally enter (and lose) vsav!

I've never been to NCI (or a tourney to be honest) but I'm hoping/planning to go this weekend - though illness in the family might prevent that. Southtown is just far enough away from me (SJ isn't too bad though!) that I haven't visited it yet but I'm glad it's having such a positive effect!

You mean 2 bats, 2/3 matches right? Turbo 3 (you probably know this) is the standard tourney speed.

I would come to this for a vsav side tournament. I think it should be double elim because I doubt many people would jump in, unless a million people get hungry for all those dollar bills and show up.

So, if you want to stream Vampire Savior on FKO, then I'll have to pass out a key.

That'd be cool. I don't have Vampire Savior on a console, however, so we'd probably need to play via computer. Since we're streaming, it'd probably need to be a relatively powerful computer to handle emulation and streaming at the same time. Maybe magz's if he wants to let us use his computer.

You mean 2 bats, 2/3 matches right? Turbo 3 (you probably know this) is the standard tourney speed.

Yeah, as you say, I meant 2 bats, 2/3 matches. Turbo 3 of course.

I would come to this for a vsav side tournament. I think it should be double elim because I doubt many people would jump in, unless a million people get hungry for all those dollar bills and show up.

I'm always down for playing more. My main concern is finding a time slot for it since we're going to have 3 or 4 tournaments (GG, BB, AH, MB) going on simultaneously. For a side tournament, the most convenient slot was looking like the dinner break in the evening. If we were to have a double elimination tournament, that would take more time out for people who want to get food. But I guess it's up to what you guys want to do.

tenkai-45i[xTF];1009982']I'm always down for playing more. My main concern is finding a time slot for it since we're going to have 3 or 4 tournaments (GG' date= BB, AH, MB) going on simultaneously. For a side tournament, the most convenient slot was looking like the dinner break in the evening. If we were to have a double elimination tournament, that would take more time out for people who want to get food. But I guess it's up to what you guys want to do.

Yeah I mean a a single elim would still be great still, I just want to play as much vsav as possible offline. I'm hoping people will stick around for casuals and stuff afterwards.

damn hella people coming out of the closet for this game. i'll help run brackets if sean needs help etc. AND JUST IN CASE ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO PLAY UMINEKO I'M PUTTING MYSELF OUT THERE FOR THAT STILL.

Can we please try to schedule the dinner breaks more efficiently this time? For example, for the first two games on stream that need to play, have them play straight through while giving the other two games their hour or hour half dinner break. The first two games will finish then they can eat or whatever since they will be finished. The last two games can then come back and play their top 4/8 and now we won't end at 3 AM. If someone does manage to make it to top 4/8 for all the games on stream, I'd be happy to get their food for them since they probably won't have enough time to leave to get food. By the way, this was Willy's idea, not mine.

I have Vampire Darkstalkers Collection on PS2. But no hype for darkstalkers. U all should play KOF.

Tenkai if I show up, I'll bring it for you.

Though I still await Spirit Juice to money match me in Sailor Moon S and WWE All-stars. as we agreed $100

Finest KO/NCI stream will cover NCI BBCS/Arcana Heart 3/etc.

TheBBVlog/IPW stream/recording will cover Hadocon SF4/MVC/CVS

Looking forward to seeing you all again after a long month's work. Usual equipment arrangements will be made, and MK9 will be a reduced entry fee (Almost laughable tier).

~Chun

We're haveing mk9? I thought that would be to main stream for some reason.

I have Psychic Force 2 from JP PSN on my PS3. & DC Psychic Force, but currently not my DC.

Also, what is this about MK? -.-

i dont really see the harm in having MK on the side, i mean we had marvel setups all over the place at the last NCI.

not like its our main focus or anything. if people want to play it and the interest is there, sure why not? just as long as it doesnt become the primary focus.

Holy damn NCI is like doubling its game roster all of a sudden D:

Next thing you know Chun is gonna bust out some VANGUARD PRINCESS

Not altogether a bad idea :P. Think of it as a pre-convention kind of Saturday, haha.