Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

:,) d'aww thanks guys

I wanted a career that I am genuinely interested in. Something that when I wake up every morning I would go to work because I liked working(and for dat money). I was a bit confused on how to get exactly what job I want because I didn't really know who I could talk to. But maybe things might be different instead of me blindly going through my four years of college. Thanks SJ. And thanks for the support Crosell and James :)

So while I was weeabooing it up all about Hatsune Miku and Vocaloid in General, how'd things run overall?

So while I was weeabooing it up all about Hatsune Miku and Vocaloid in General, how'd things run overall?

It was a very low key, but great tournament. I had a lot of fun.

That was me! :D Thanks!

:3

:,) d'aww thanks guys

I wanted a career that I am genuinely interested in. Something that when I wake up every morning I would go to work because I liked working(and for dat money). I was a bit confused on how to get exactly what job I want because I didn't really know who I could talk to. But maybe things might be different instead of me blindly going through my four years of college. Thanks SJ. And thanks for the support Crosell and James :)

There are certain classes that help you with that kinda stuff, to find what you want to do. Whatever you want to do though, I think you can really pull through, real talk. I really just fell into what I'm doing right now, but I had no training, and no classes. 3 years ago I was at DeAnza, kinda floating around doing Adobe Flash bs and animation courses, but it never really worked out. Then EriKkn invited me to come to a BBCT tourney at SVGL, and it all snowballed from there. Its was just random connections, and it worked out.

Not saying that you'll have the same kind of event, but when ever you see a cool thing, just TRY it, and give it a shot. And even if itself isn't fun, but you have a revolutionary idea AROUND it, then go for it :3

Norcal with that Understanding Aspirations for Future Educational Institutions as a Great Tool For Your Future Option Select.

Off topic - Tomoyo > Nagisa

YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO BOUGHT THE TOMOYO AFTER FANDISK.

gathering at my place from 3:30pm~to 6:30pm, break for TRIGUN movie @ New People, come back to my place or Negro Ninjas place, text me any questions at 5105028269

Games tonight at my place, focus on GG. BB MvC3, SFAE IIIrd strike also available

Starting: 8pm-whenev

Special Guest: Zenmetsu aka SLO-Cal Max

Keeping you all Updated:

Possible venues for the major, SUPER NCI held August 27th are both Eudemonia in Berkeley, and Etrium in Union City. Both are being contacted/in talks and one of the two will hopefully be our location.

More info as it comes.

~Chun

Gathering tomorrow at my place from 8pm

Keeping you all Updated:

Possible venues for the major, SUPER NCI held August 27th are both Eudemonia in Berkeley, and Etrium in Union City. Both are being contacted/in talks and one of the two will hopefully be our location.

More info as it comes.

~Chun

I suggest Gamecenter in San Mateo. It's an arcade modeled after Japanese ones, with environmental enhancements for console gaming tournament. I've looked at the place and the MacGuyver in me says Gamecenter lends itself very well to tournaments, arcade or console.

I can take point on this if needed.

Gamecenter is IDEAL for food as well, 3 top ramen restaurants in the whole bay area located there, as well as Sushi Sams <3

Since Super NCI is set for Aug 27, which is kind of far away, I think it'd be cool to have a gathering or two at Southtown to sharpen up and it may also possibly generate interest and raise our #s for Super NCI. We've never been to Southtown and it's primarily a fighting game arcade so I think it could be some really good exposure for us if we headed up there. How many of you guys would be interested in that? If there's enough interest, we could run a mini NCI there.

I'd like to generate more hype for GG/VSAV and they have the arcade boards for both games so let's show them some love. For the pad warriors, we could have a console setup for GG. For the BB players, they also have a BBCS2 cabinet as well.

EDIT: I forgot to put this back in when I was finalizing my post but there will be Melty Blood as well if there is enough interest.

I support the use of Gamecenter as a venue for the following reasons:

- An owner who is willing to help with on the spot maintenance

- Easy flexibility when it comes to running tournaments and various other events. Myung is willing to work with you in making sure the event succeeds.

- Myung is very open to feedback and is willing to accept criticism and ideas to help promote/improve his business, AND your event.

- Many eateries within walking distance leads to easy access during events with strict time schedules.

- The place sells sanwa buttons and JLFs, great for those who need sticks and buttons or those who need to swap out a few parts for their sticks.

Gamecenter is on the list of future venues for this season, but the biggest concern I get is size. Super NCI will hold approximately 100 people, and from the people I know that regularly go to that arcade, that's not a lot room (Though I haven't been there personally)

If I could get an idea of the size of the area it would give me a better idea and ways to work around it.

Uhhh are you honestly expecting 100 people to come? At most we get 40 really. Another concern I brought up in my proposal is exposure. Although space will definitely be an issue at Southtown, the point is that it's an arcade and the potential exposure could be good for our community. This alone should be a reason to seriously consider Gamecenter. Also the parking and food situation seems pretty legit.

Given how last year's NCI went, it's quite possible that you could get up to 100 people. It would be better to overestimate than underestimate.