Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

I'm up for teaching anyone street fighter if they are interested

Assuming I show up, i'd be down for SFIV casuals. I'm attempting to learn Juri.

Mushihime down. Myung replaced it with Espgaluda.

same company. same troll.

i hope there will be casual stations

what am i gonna do all day otherwise D:

let's watch captain america.

Edit: fyi sf4, mvc3, and t6 setups are on the viewlix cabs. They will more than likely be unavailable throughout the tournament (or until brackets go to top 8). The only casual stations are the coin-ops.

I'm making calls right now. If you don't receive one by the end of the night you're free to bring equipment, but you won't be available for discounts, and may have to keep things in the car if there is a capacity problem. But having setups is appreciated.

(Excluding C0R's equipment)

~Chun

What are the odds on casuals, etc being present at this NCI, given that it's at an arcade? I just ask because I kinda would feel silly driving almost 2 hours each way and spending the day there to get destroyed since I'm terribly at GG/BB/etc.

edit: I don't mind losing a lot in casuals, I mean driving up there to lose in 5 minutes of tournament play and having nothing to do for the rest of the day.

You can come to hang out with me :P

I've finished all my calls for tonight. PM me if any questions linger.

same company. same troll.

let's watch captain america.

Edit: fyi sf4, mvc3, and t6 setups are on the viewlix cabs. They will more than likely be unavailable throughout the tournament (or until brackets go to top 8). The only casual stations are the coin-ops.

As in, the only casual stations for SFIV, MvC3 and T6 are coin-ops, or the only casual stations in general are coin-ops?

As in, the only casual stations for SFIV, MvC3 and T6 are coin-ops, or the only casual stations in general are coin-ops?

in general. the fighting game cabs will probably all be swapped to bbcs2.

in general. the fighting game cabs will probably all be swapped to bbcs2.

I see. Where does that leave the status of casuals on stuff like Guilty Gear/other games being played on console?

I see. Where does that leave the status of casuals on stuff like Guilty Gear/other games being played on console?

This is all just assumption on my part, but my guess is that the CRTs will mostly be taken up by MB and GG until their brackets are done, at which point the TVs will probably become available for casuals. That's all scheduling stuff, though, and I have no idea how the schedule for NCI's games looks. There are a bunch of HDTVs along the wall off to the side, but I'm going to assume those will also be running PS3 games for a while (Catherine, perhaps?), and I doubt most people want to deal with playing GG through a PS3 (or even a PS2) on an HDTV.

The majority of the fighting game cabs have PS3s hooked up to them, and will probably be running BBCS2 and Arcana Heart 3 until those brackets are over.

Stuff like Gundam vs. Gundam and KoFXIII probably won't get swapped out, nor will any of the other coin-op cabs along the sides of the arcade, like Mushihime (or whatever Cave game is in there at the moment), VirtuaCop, and Metal Slug.

the HDTV area may be entirely occupied by CRTs instead for GG/MB setups

That'd make sense. I was wondering where all the CRTs were going to go.

Regarding Casuals, when the tournament starts at noon, every setup will be for tournament play. This is because of the sheer number of participants this time around (At the time of this writing, more than 50 people are guaranteed for BlazBlue), the best option is to blaze through the brackets for all games until a certain point, and then I will open up casuals.

I strongly advise when registration stops and brackets begin, that you know where you are in the list and play side games accordingly.

So if you want an off-handed estimate, I would say expect Casuals to begin around 3-4 PM OPTIMISTICALLY. That's given no one stalls the brackets.

I'm really counting on the participants this time to be very timely. Afterwards feel free to trash talk each other into the floor.

~Chun

I'm riding the buses and BART to this shit. Thats how dedicated I am to this... >.> (time to get over my fear of traveling on public transportation alone)

Real talk GGJ I haven't seen you in hella days and there's sadlife to be discussed.