Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Now that you guys mention it, I had a lot of trouble with dash inputs for a while when I first started playing on the cabs, too. I guess I just got used to the way the sticks there work, though, or something. I don't really notice it anymore, and any failed dashing I do I mostly attribute to me sucking at being on the player 2 side.

my personal input:

i felt like the cabs were fine joystick wise, and that it was just weird for alot of people because it was on arcade cabinet rather than on arcade stick. there was a bit of input lag though.

hit up the goodwill, garage sales or even classified ads. niggas are even throwing them out on the street cause they dont want CRTs anymore, its not too hard to find one for cheap or even free

Only problem I have for that is I have no space here in my room. MIGHT be able to move stuff around to clear up some room. But then it comes down to finding a decent small CRT for next to nothing. Time for effort (and to actually dual-mod my 360 Stick)!

they tested out at 10ms in the gh3 test, which in reality means around 20ms.

Where do you get that figure from? The GH3/Rockband Beatles test gives you an AVERAGE of the input lag over 15-20 datapoints. Even dual monitor tests give you an average. I've done both on multiple monitors, and when you average 15 or 20 trials, the results are never off by more than a millisecond or two. I can believe if you took a particularly low result from a GH3 test and compared it to the highest datapoint you got with a dual head monitor setup, you might see a spread of 10ms, but the averages always remain about the same.

Now that you guys mention it, I had a lot of trouble with dash inputs for a while when I first started playing on the cabs, too. I guess I just got used to the way the sticks there work, though, or something. I don't really notice it anymore, and any failed dashing I do I mostly attribute to me sucking at being on the player 2 side.

I find this is often due to the fact that when people play side by side, they try to sit away from each other as much as possible, and as a consequence, are not sitting square in front of their controls. With TE sticks, you always have it on your lap, dead straight in front of you. This is understandably why half circles and the like feel subtly off. The solution is either to use your own controllers (the new parts should be arriving tomorrow so all the cabs can support external controls), or man up and get friendly with the guy next to you. :)

So beginning in Oct, I will be beginning a new job. Thing is, I am working every Sat 5:00AM-5:00PM. What this means is that I will no longer be able to run MB & AH, nor will I be able to provide setups/equipment. As for the brackets, I have talked to Dakanya and Tone, who will be the new official TOs for MB and AH. They already help me each month running brackets, so I'm sure they'll be great at it. As for setups/equip, I am willing to let someone bring my stuff for NCI to use, but that means that we'd have to set up some kind of pickup before the tourney. Might or might not be worth the effort? I will definitely swing by after I get off work, so if there's anything that can wait until later in the day, I will bring my stuff on me.

I personally feel a little sad that I can no longer be there to help run NCIs, as I have been with it since the first one and I've been to all but one. But sometimes life calls and I was given a very attractive job offer that I thought I couldn't refuse. I hope everyone the best of luck setting up NCIs each month and I'll swing by for casuals, to watch finals, and to play random games.

Congrats on the job :3

wtf.

gl hf dd

Thanks. As for hours, yeah, they're long, but the thing is, I'll be on wage. That means I'll get OT every day for doing longer than 8hr shifts.

It's okay. If the next NCI stays on norcal time, he'll only be two hours late or so, and he still might be able to get in on the side-tourneys! :v:

Also, yeah, playing side-by-side on the arcade cabs tends to skew hand positioning, but I find it significantly worse on the P2 side, haha.

What kind of job is it?

Also, are we skipping October NCI, because the date for that is creeping up pretty fast and no one has talked about it.

Like literally, we have about 12 days and 30 minutes until Saturday, October 1st.

Info up tonight or tomorrow afternoon. October 1st. Melty Blood starts first at 12 PM sharp. Full schedule will be out.

Also, Pre-registration will be available soon as well, if you pre-register you get 300 Credits in Game Center Credit. The Venue fee is now 7$.

Look forward to it~