Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

I already have one ordered, should be back a little after I come back from SCR. I dunno who else is getting a JP copy, I'm pretty sure Chun is too.

This is the random Pittsburgh player that showed up. NCI's pretty awesome, always happy to play animu fighters with people. KOF13 also looks really hype, I gotta learn that game. Also, thanks to you guys, I wanna put down money on 4 copies of Gundam EX and bring the hype back to the east coast. I'll try to be back next month (and be less free).

Awesome to have you here. If you want, I have some Play-Asia coupon codes for $5 off, so that will at least get you free shipping.

I already have one ordered, should be back a little after I come back from SCR. I dunno who else is getting a JP copy, I'm pretty sure Chun is too.

I'm getting an Asia region version. :) Should be in my grubby little mitts by the 20th or so.

Awesome to have you here. If you want, I have some Play-Asia coupon codes for $5 off, so that will at least get you free shipping.

I'm getting an Asia region version. :) Should be in my grubby little mitts by the 20th or so.

Yes, please, Pittsburgh needs more giant robot arena combat.

What's the difference between the Asia region version and the JP version?

The Asian version should come with a cover and manual that has Chinese and English on/in it. Otherwise, they should be identical.

I've been away a while, but how did KOF go? Did anyone enter? I hope enough entered that it'll keep being an NCI game! How many people entered?

I believe it was 20 people for KOF.

I think the KOF scene is gonna grow since we had a lot of people show up just for that. I'm sure they will start bringing people too.

Thanks Orion & Crosell.

I think there's definitely the possibility of that. Even in my case there's one person I've encouraged to go to NCI before (since he's in the bay area) but he's not at all a fan of the actual crop of games (BB, GG, et cetera) but he's pretty into KOF. It was cool to be able to tell him that it looks like NCI is going to be running it from now on.

Scott, did you have anything to say for not running CSE? I don't understand the complaint.

My vote is of course infinitely towards running the relevant game, since Myung and STA both put their faith in importing the game.

I don't have any issue with running CSEX (or continuing CS2 until the US version comes out). My post wasn't really about running the game, per say, but rather the [supposed] decision to run it without discussing the subject with the NorCal community first. A direct answer from Chun on the matter would be nice. Are we making the switch or not?

After making that post, I learned that most of the larger communities (PNW, Texas, and some others) will be switching to CSEX as soon as possible, meaning they are going to import it. While it is unforunate for those that play on 360, it can't be helped, I guess. It seems like most (or rather the people that have posted in this thread) in NorCal are for switching as well. If anything, I encourage people to buy the US version even if you import the JP version; I know I will in order to support Aksys Games.

If the US LE comes with Jubei, I'll be buying it. Heh. Even if it doesn't come with Jubei, I'll probably pick it up, but the money is prioritized towards Jubei. :D

Even if Jubei was going to be a playable character, they wouldn't make it part of any kind of LE deal. CT was probably the last LE of BB we'll ever see. :P

Even if Jubei was going to be a playable character, they wouldn't make it part of any kind of LE deal. CT was probably the last LE of BB we'll ever see. :P

Ahaha. Well, however that Jubei plushy gets made/sold, I'm totally buying it!

And if I still have funds left over afterwards, then I can get the English game. I do actually want to play through Plat's story and understand what's going on, lol. My Japanese is so nonexistent.

Edit: Oh, right, they actually said there would be an LE. I totally forgot. All I remembered from the post was Jubei.

I don't cus reading is for nerds. Plushies are for girls.

No prob. If you buy that LE, I'll take the plushy. :)

Logistically, since the game is going to be imported by a good amount of people, it makes sense to play Extend immediately.

At the same time, Melty Blood will be also getting their new build of the game for January, so those two games will be in the spotlight this time around for January.

The only hesitation I have for running BBCS2 versus BBCSEX is the number of setups required. If I can confirm 4 copies of the game for next January when I get reg up again, it will be run.

~Chun

I hope the copies of MBAACC are legit, otherwise we can't stream it.

In b4 breaking the support disc.:roboky: