Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

oops i signed up for melty blood on accident

hope it doesn't break the world

if it did oops

its ok i just realized that we have 0 confirmed setups for mbaacc tomorrow

nor have any of us installed it really... and i really do not want to lug my computer there

Was gonna be there around 11, but Naomi decided to straight up ditch work to come with me to NCI. So I'm gonna be there a little later, like 12-1ish.

Coopa, or whoever is setting up the stream, just make sure if you get there before me to have the setup ready to SPLIT, please.

See ya'll tommorow! :D

Yeah, I'm just not well enough to make this tourney. The spirit's willing but the body...well, yeah.

Good luck to everyone, I hope all the tournaments go well (especially Melty Blood, it really deserves some attention), and I'll see you guys next time.

It was a great way to start the first NCIs of 2012 with brackets finishing early and a lot of relaxing downtime during tournaments. I'm hoping GG and MB will have more of a presence next tournament as they were cancelled this time due to a lack of participants. Gundam will be in the works as a Side tournament depending on current schedule changes.

HOWEVER, In other news, as much as Myung has done for us at Game Center, there has been some vandalism particularly of the black wooden back room chairs. One of the black wooden chairs in the back was found with a leg broken cleanly, then hidden, with and no one to claim responsibility for the state it's in. Leaving without saying a word to Myung after breaking his equipment is extremely irresponsible and will not be tolerated at NCI for future events. If people have any information or if the culprit would like to come forward about the incident, I welcome them to contact Myung, apologize, and work something out. Don't ruin things for the rest of the NCI regulars and be responsible for your own actions.

HOWEVER, In other news, as much as Myung has done for us at Game Center, there has been some vandalism particularly of the black wooden back room chairs. One of the black wooden chairs in the back was found with a leg broken cleanly, then hidden, with and no one to claim responsibility for the state it's in. Leaving without saying a word to Myung after breaking his equipment is extremely irresponsible and will not be tolerated at NCI for future events. If people have any information or if the culprit would like to come forward about the incident, I welcome them to contact Myung, apologize, and work something out. Don't ruin things for the rest of the NCI regulars and be responsible for your own actions.

Shoutouts to Devry Ping Pong Table. Rest in Pieces.

NCI was fun. GGs everyone. Hopefully I'll actually own the game next time! Be prepared for Ragna's Revenge.

Shoutouts to the guy who broke the chair and then hid it shadily under a table while no one was looking. Listen, accidents happen. It's one thing to accidentally break the chair and then just tell Myung what happened and you're sorry; it'd be no problem if you did. However, just hiding it under a table and pretending it never happened is a pretty dick move. Just be responsible next time.

Also, if FKO continues to use the stream set up like we did last time (where we are set up behind the counter), we will be enforcing a strict rule of how many people are allowed back there. Only myself, Coopa, Jay, and two commentators will be allowed back there at any given moment. Unsure of Chun, but since he is NCI staff I'm sure he's worked something out with Myung already. Aside from that, no one is going to be allowed back there. We'll try to set up a system so commentators can tag out easier if one of them needs to go play or take care of something.

Good Games to the KOFfee people.

too many Shens...

mr first kof tourney. was fun. See you guys again!?!

NCI's become quite Blazblue driven now. lots of new faces I don't know or recgonize anymore lol.

GG and Melty be hiding in the shadows. on in Rod's basement where he locks all the children in.

But shoutouts to everyone. I had fun running kof with lost of great competitors. Hopefully our numbers will grow as we get more people into honest games!

Shoutouts to me and Spirit Juice going 2-2 in BB. Team fraud will show them whats up next time!

Lets see

Shoutouts to Dacidbro, for being the coolest bro yesterday ever. Giving me a ride, and giving me some really good advice to improve my overall game. I'm truly grateful.

Shoutouts to OrionXElite, for also being a cool bro, and respecting the pony that I worked so hard to obtain.

Shoutouts to that Jin/Tsubaki/Hazama player who I played for like a good 3 hours XD, those matches were too fun, I hope we can do that again sometime soon!

Shoutouts to CopperDabbit, I had fun playing you even though you steamrolled me with your Arakune, even while drunk. :<

Shoutouts to Spirit Juice I had a lot of fun meeting you and talking to you about all kinds of stuff. Can't wait for you to get your copy of Extend so that we can mash Ragna mirrors and stuff.

Shoutouts to Pain, Dark Talon, and Tone for being coo' niggas also along with me. :3

Shoutouts to that Hakumen player who came from 3S and really wanted to learn the game, I wish I could help you more with Hakumen but WallJumpMan would be your best bet to go too for advice.

Shoutouts to that guy who broke Myung's chair and tried to hide it under the table. YOU DONT HAVE TO COME AND CONFESS, WE LOOKIN' FO YOU, WE GON' FIND YOU. WE GON' FIND YOU.

Shoutouts to WallJumpMan winning NCI, You really are the closest thing to Spark that we have, and I'm honored to play against you everytime, I'll add you on PSN in asap.

Shoutouts to Solex, being the coolest (pun intended) Jin in NorCal, I had as much fun playing you offline as I do online.

Shoutouts to King Cat Chair Tari, we didn't even get to play...You just played Gundam the whole time. >_>;

GGs to everyone that I've played and I can't wait for next month's NCI, I'll show off more Plat technology!

Lol what, I have like 3 shoutouts...wait no, 4.

Shoutouts to Gamma for the long ass game time we got, playing EX casuals with you was probly the best part of this NCI lol

Oh, shoutouts to Solex for helping me learn new jin tech, he's so bootiful I wish I had a ps3 :'c

Uhhh shoutouts to Visma for playing with me for a long time too, and letting me use your pad a few times because i still need to get used to stick

Finally, shoutouts to SJ carpool, Vineeth you were so godlike that I didn't bother watching your match, but hey we rode in the same car so it's all good. Also, thanks for picking me up again 2GB, I seriously appreciate it. These last few NCIs (at least, the ones I could make it to) have been like the most fun I've had at the tourneys ever since I started going in like December 2010 :D And NotKBF, your rachel will be godlike. Just as soon as you lose some weight, you've been packin' on the pounds lately. Come on man!

Anyway, fun NCI! It went a lot faster and smoother I think than when I came a little while back, plenty of time for casuals and whatnot.

Shoutouts to King Cat Chair Tari, we didn't even get to play...You just played Gundam the whole time. >_>;

that's because he abandoned you guys

2012 Jan 7 videos of Guilty Gear casuals, divided into 1-hour segments: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL14140770A4576C54

Extremely low-quality. Post or PM requests (url & time ranges) for high-quality reposts.

Also, kind of old, but 2011 Dec 10 (last month) videos of NCI Guilty Gear tournament (training mode and long menu pauses clipped out): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEE9A618A2BD885BD

Would appreciate if people could identify which portions are tournament and who the competitors are.

Edit: Also, somehow I wound up with captures of CvS2 and Hyper SF2 AE.

Shoutouts to Chun and everyone else who kept NCI running on time. I think all the players were happy, the stream was happy, and we all had fun. I think you're on to the winning formula.

Shoutouts to WallJumpMan for his first win. And to Dacidbro for making him work for it. It's like I can see you guys level up as you play each other.

Shoutouts to CopperDabbit and his mighty drunken master style Arakune.

And finally, shoutouts to the guy who broke my chair in the back room. Accidents happen. But you chose how to deal with it. I'm going to have to work to find out who you are. And the harder I work, the grumpier I get. I think GammaGearJustice had the right idea...

Shoutouts to that guy who broke Myung's chair and tried to hide it under the table. YOU DONT HAVE TO COME AND CONFESS, WE LOOKIN' FO YOU, WE GON' FIND YOU. WE GON' FIND YOU.

Some form of public humiliation in song form?

Yep :3 not to be an instigator or anything, but that was pretty bitchmade for him to think that hiding it under the table was going to solve matters.

Hey now, Gundam was hype. I hadn't played BB properly since SCR, lol, so I basically just entered to support the game as usual. Mashed 2A/5A on Plat and that was about all.

Nice seeing you again, though, Gamma. Should've played some BB with you, but I ended up just trolling Gundam all night. >_<