Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Two more weeks! Can't wait! Potemkin will Slidehead once more! *Glares at Magz and Honnou*

Also concerning the schedule and format, I think most of PNW is prepared to stay there the whole weekend. So we are open to anything.

Two more weeks! Can't wait! Potemkin will Slidehead once more! *Glares at Magz and Honnou*

Also concerning the schedule and format, I think most of PNW is prepared to stay there the whole weekend. So we are open to anything.

@potemkin: Don't get beaten by May in 8 seconds again.

Oh neat, I get to fight a competent Potemkin.

I need to replace my stick before then, though.

You don't become a top player just by practicing! You gotta pretend to be a top player and act like one! Otherwise you'll never become a top player!

I think we have a word for those kinds of people.

umvc3 players is the term you're looking for

umvc3 players is the term you're looking for

inorite. On a serious note, I how many people realized I was making an analogy very relevant to NCI...

Your voices are heard.

>Dakanya's Post

Hi people,

I always have been dropping in and out of the fighting game scene, don't know why I haven't been consistent...5 people at most here may remember me... anyways, I never been to a NCI but I'm considering checking it out this month. I'm not too interested in tournaments cuz I'm not really a great competitor so I hope to get in a good amount of casual matches, mostly in guilty gear. I take it Sunday would be the best day to go for some guilty gear casuals or what? Also, hows the setup for guilty gear at the current venue, is it arcade cab or ps2? because I'm garbage at using stick.

PS2. Saturday is probably gonna be the best day for GG.

Be careful, that's dangerous ground you're treading into. We could totally run side tournies for Shaq-Fu, Street Fighter 3D, SNES Sailor Moon, Spawn: In The Demon's Hand (2v2), Power Stone 2 (2v2), CvS1, Street Fighter 1, World Heroes, Clayfighter 63 1/3, Mortal Kombat 9, Pokemon Puzzle League, NFL Blitz (2v2), Touhou 12.3, Rag Doll Kung Fu, Atomic Bomberman (Norcal vs Socal, East Coast vs West Coast) and Pokemon Stadium 2.

I'm definitely not saying we should run any of those. Spawn would be pretty hilarious at 1 am though.

You know, I've been thinking how funny it would be to run a mystery tournament a la MidWest Regionals involving those kinds of games. If people would be down to provide a ton of options, I wouldn't mind running this kind of afterhours tournament for shits and giggles.

Sounds good, however don't stroke your chin on how good your collection is. I just came back from Final Round and saw SK's infamous book of poverty. It was truly inspiring.

I have never claimed to be the Grand Duke of Poverty, just a poverty enthusiast.

Looking back on my last comment, I realize there was no reason why I should of even brought that comment up. It was arrogant and retarded of me to even mention that, so I apologize for that Qwerty.

On a serious topic though, I am very concerned at the lack of consideration for a Melty Blood tournament. I know that numbers have not been as impressive over the last few month and the possibility for streaming is zero, but I feel that there are still a good enough amount of people who enjoy playing this game. Lately, we've been experimenting with a round robin style of tournament and for the most part the feedback has been positive as it allows players who aren't at all serious at the game to enjoy playing more matches for their entry fee. The obvious drawback is that it takes longer to run, but with people coming and going as they please, the wait isn't so bad.

What I'm trying to get at is to let people on this forum know that I feel like Melty Blood is still trying to grow in this region. Instead of killing the tournament outright, just let the game stick around and see what plays out.

I wasn't feeling any of that, but apology accepted, broham.

Melty round robin could probably work, but it really seems like interest for the game is at an all time low right now. I haven't been actively paying attention to entry numbers or anything, but those who have will probably tell you the same thing.

We don't have to cut Melty entirely and right now it's pretty much side tournament status anyways. I know there have been some new faces for Melty lately but the fact is that the scene has been stagnating since MBAC days and there isn't anyone who's been going in hard on the game at all. Melty is totally a pot monster game now... I can't really justify spending the time and effort to go in on Melty anymore, especially with how ECOLE decided on a PC port and on top of that, medicore netcode. The game would do so much better if it was localized and had a console port... however I am quite impressed that there were 73 entrants for the game at FRXV... sad I wasn't there.

Which airport? It might be possible if we have room and if it is kinda along the way.

probably the San Jose airport