Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

Again, thanks to everyone who came and made this possible. Through all the hiccups and hype, we broke all kinds of NCI records (which I'm sure Chun will be glad to tell you guys all about), and you have shown yourself again to be the nicest, chillest fighting game community around. I've had tournaments half this size for other games that verged on chaos. :) I can't wait to see you all again.

Shoutouts to that strange poop smell that kept wafting past the front of Gamecenter.

Hahah, yes... what you were smelling was this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stinky_tofu The restaurant near us is (unfortunately?) renowned for this dish.

-Myung

Shoutouts to Hobbes for driving me there and back.

Shoutouts to Huey and Dacid for both hitting me with the bathroom door.

Shoutouts to GGJ and Donavan for us somehow never playing each other.

Shoutouts to the Melty crowd for putting up with my weak ass.

Shoutouts to posting at 5 AM, causing me to shoutout to random crap.

Catherine Stream Broke:

NCI viewing records since FKO

Retweeted by FGC People and joined the stream by them (JWong being one recognizable)

4-chan referenced and re-visited

Has steam-id "Catherine Competitive" which has 171 members: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/catherinecompetitive

Is still being talked about currently on twitter

Has had NCI receive inquiries about a possible interview about the scene.

What have I started?! What have we done!!!

Shoutouts later after I actually get legitimate rest.

~Chun

Shoutouts to chugging three monsters and not being able to sleep at night.

Shoutouts to Espgaluda for being a hard game.

Shoutouts to insomnia.

Shoutouts to Qwerty for being poor and not playing Gundam with me. :p

Shoutouts to Danny for not being able to play SF4AE.

Shoutouts to Old Town Sushi.

Shoutouts to Copperdabbit for buying me the best philly cheese steak dinner ever.

Shoutouts to Myung for opening up an arcade.

Shoutouts to Tushar for bringing Skullgirls and being an overall cool guy.

Shoutouts to OrionXElite for trying to convince me to troll myself.

Shoutouts to all you sadlives for coming to NCI.

Shoutouts to Myung, Chun, and everyone else who were involved with this month's NCI. Really good shit yesterday, the most fun I had in a long ass time.

And shoutouts to the winners and runner-ups of all the games played.

i did play gundam john, just way later :P

shotuouts to aj and jake for carrying my ass

shoutouts to myung for the venue (and a good frickin arcade)

shoutouts to sean for being my twin

shoutouts to northwest and socal for coming (wtf i didn't know you were coming digital watches)

shoutouts to people who remember me from like a year ago lol. oh and that chinese slayer player who trained in japan.

Shoutouts to Stream getting 2.5K/3K viewers

Shoutouts too the Catherine tourny for being mad hype

Shoutouts To Chun,Dacid,Coopa,and Huey for making me feel welcomed at NCI

Shoutouts to all of the new friends I made and finally got to meet my friends I netplay with offline

Shoutouts to NCI for being GDLK

Shoutouts from a stream monster! The following shoutouts go to:

-Dacidbro winning his first match in this month's NCI with an Astral Finish (and breaking the gate port of his stick)

-WJM giving DSMove's Noel a "cunt-punt" Hotaru

-everyone who counter-picked with Tager

-WJM and Phaethon for an intense Hakumen vs. Carl match

-every single moment when Catherine was on the stream

-"Clangstep" button check in Guilty Gear

-everyone losing their heads over Mami's mammies

-sexy commentary from sG

-stream monsters experiencing what it is like to be Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense

-and of course, everyone who helped with the stream--you guys are awesome!

Shoutouts to the PNW crew for teaching me that I still have a lot to learn. sG stay baller as fuck, Huey with his gdlk blocking, even when he's not paying attention he can still IB stuff like a boss. C0R, I'll figure out what I want as my arcade template soon, Dusty you should switch in between Bang and Haz, even though you don't like the new Haz, you can try to find some new tricks or something to make him appeal to you.

Shoutouts to Xie, America's best Platinum teaching me some new tricks and taking me to Super NCI. Really appreciate it.

Shoutouts to Honnou for letting me crash at his place on Friday night and making me ramen with an egg with double yolk inside it, that was incredibly lucky!

Shoutouts to Parasoul being harder to play than I thought. D:

Shoutouts to Dacidbro still being as cool as ever, and helping me get over tourney nerves.

Shoutouts to Donavan powering up to Super Saiyin whenever I mentioned "KFC" or "fried chicken", you crazy black man you.

Shoutouts to my fellow NorCal,SoCal players and NVG members that finally got to meet irl.

Shoutouts to Tari for not realizing that it was me he was fighting for like a good hour with Plat v Rachel.

Shoutouts to Chun for organizing this and TaoFTW for giving me an opportunity to meet all these people.

Shoutouts to Willy and James for taking me back to the dorms earlier this morning.

Shoutouts to my Disgaea 4 Premium Edition being in the mail as soon as I got home.

Shoutouts to lemon pepper chicken wings.

I had a great time. Thank you all, you guys are all pretty baller.

First all huge shout out to GameCenter and Myung (sorry if I spelled it wrong) you really went the extra mile for us. Your staff was awesome, your venue amazing. You really helped us out. Gotta teach me that gundam next time I come around :3

Willy and Orion - We ran BB really well. We had good team work going on. You both busted your ass to get it running efficiently. And willy with that Benimaru. Rocking the KOF. And Orion boding me in magical drop 3 :(

Rin - That ramen !

Sakabato - . Great matches. Bummer we didn't get any BB matches in, but those Sakura matches were awesome :3

All the new players from Norcal, I may be wrong about some of these but Pain and (edit) Dark Talon :3, MaidenLili, and Caiz(Cias?). Its awesome you all came out and we hope to see you around each month. It was great meeting all of you.

PNW - stay amazing, C0r Huey Sg, and Dusty you guys are awesome. You guys made this tournament so much fun.

That art guy - Awesome art love the Ibuki :3

Shadow fiend being super hype loved it.

Chun- organizing the event

Overall it was a great tournament, thank you everyone for coming out :3

GGs to everyone I played. Was an awesome event. If only I could attend the monthlies. :(

@gamma: i found out eventually! it just took a really long time.

vaguely related notes: The artist is a regular at gc, though he's only there on weekends. tushar, i think you forgot your drawings there. :P

Hi Tari, thanks to you, Roy, Nate, Chris, Calvin, and anyone else I missed for the Gundam matches. Sean and Landis, thanks for trying it out :D

Thanks to Danny, Sean, Willy for the KoF matches.

Thanks to Scott for joining me in getting bodied by the DRAGON.

Nice seeing Jeff, James, Derek, Dsmoove, Donavan, Qwerty Alex, Dakanya Alex, AJ, Tenkai Sean, Will, John, Jared, Philip, Filip, Vineeth, David, and any other names I forget to recall. I'll see you guys another time :).

Sorry to everyone for not participating in BB :D

Shoutouts to hype black guy for being hype at random things.

Shoutouts to Crosell for that close match.

Shoutouts to Skullgirls and the guy in the red shirt whose name I never catch that just did training mode with me.

Shoutouts to Dacid dropping someone's stick

Shoutouts to the guy with the cool earrings

Shoutouts to the NCI crew for setting this up

Shoutouts to everybody else being cool and friendly.

And lastly, shoutouts to bay area weather.

Hope I can make it next time!

Shoutouts to Chun, Spirit Juice, Orion, Willy and Crosell to keep things running smoothly, and especially to Chun for orchestrating the whole event.

Shoutouts to Gamma being as cool as I thought he would be. Your Plat was crazy good and is just as inspiring as Xie's.

Shoutouts to Arcana Heart 3 (holy hell was it fun to play that finally) and to Awal, I believe, for kind of explaining how the game worked a little.

Shoutouts to Tari for being my first casual for the day with Rachel mirrors and not realizing it was him until later in the night when he went on stream with Phaeton.

Shoutouts to Saka and Van for car pooling with me and making it possible for me to go down there and play.

Shoutouts to who I believe was Dusty for playing casuals with me forever and putting up with my Rachel. Your Bang was crazy good. Sorry I didn't say anything, I pretty quite around people I don't know, especially if they don't say much either. =B

Shoutouts to everyone else I played and chatted with.

You're all hella cool people.

Shoutouts to Willy, Orion, Crosell and Chun for running things super smoothly and being bosses.

Shoutouts to Dacid for that guardpoint teleport astral and being a Catherine Pro

Shoutouts to Arcana Heart, I'm officially going to get that game and play it now.

Shoutouts to Blk_Mage telling me that 2B->AC after a 360 works on Makoto (I think) It was pretty helpful info

Shoutouts to Sahgren for making me actually wanna try hard and made me play a lot better

Shoutouts to Pain for being such a beast with Lambda

Shoutouts to Erik for teaching me how to play BB without any hands "Look mom, no hands!"

Shoutouts to Visma (I think that's how it's spelled) Great to see fellow Pad players that are on Xbox

Shoutouts to Shadowfiend for being so dang hype all the time it was awesomely funny

Shoutouts to C0R for playing well enough to make me give up after I got that one 720 in xD

Shoutouts to Vineeth for being such a boss with Hakumen

Shoutouts to Rin and Coopa for running the stream and stuff, it wouldn't be the same without you guys.

Glad to see you guys again after a while, and hope to see you all next year!

Shouts out to all guilty gear players. Honnou, Digital Watches, shtkn, and BBZ, and everyone whose names I've forgotten.

Shouts out to Dacid "Catherine PRO" Bro for commentary and Catherine.

Shouts out to James Xie for James Xie.

Shouts out to Qaenyin for being my dear friend.

Shouts out to Tushar for Skullgirls.

Shouts out AGAIN to Honnou for hosting Washington (and some of socal).

Shouts out to Donavan for stalking dark alleyways.

Shoutouts to...me. Looking after an injured family member while his parents are oversea, and missing this NCI. :|

BUT NEVER AGAIN, NAVAR.

Shoutouts to SoCal making SoCal look free. Way to go guys. You proved Xie is the only good one whenever I'm not around.

first i would like to thank game center and all the TO staff for organizing this tourney. the place is awesome and if i actually lived in nor cal i'd be stopping by a couple of times a week.

second, i would like to apologize to everyone for arriving really late (and forcing me to start bb from the loser's bracket and almost not making it into gg) and having to leave early.

third, shoutouts to everyone there, it was an awesome time.

finally, shoutouts to dacid for losing that one match in catherine to me in the most spectacular way possible. i gotta find that in the archives and make that my new avatar haha

Shoutouts to SoCal making SoCal look free. Way to go guys. You proved Xie is the only good one whenever I'm not around.

Nigga you don't even leave your house.

Shoutouts to tofurr and van for letting me carpool with you guys.

Shoutouts to Tone for telling me that AH3 is a good game.

Shoutouts to Crosell and dem Sakura mirror-matches

Shoutouts to Dacidbro, Chun, Coopa, Honnou, Xeno, XenoBrian, ShiningAquas, Shtkn, and the rest of the Catherine players. Game was too hype.

Shoutouts to Gaming Center for having Gundam vs. Gundam. Burning Finga!!!!!

Shoutouts to all the TOs for making this tournament happen.

Shoutouts to all the players and non-players there to support the scene.

Lastly,

Shoutouts to everyone for letting me be a part of this scene. I will truly miss it when I am over-seas. :(

~Saka

Time for dem Shoutouts :3

Shouts to:

Myung/Gamecenter : You guys were an awesome venue thanks for having us.

James: You helped us run BB wonderfully and our match in the tourney was the funnes I've played in a long time.

Crosell: We ran BB like a champ man. Nobody stops us even if they have to get dqed. O and good job taking my money again :3

Qwerty: For not playing me in kofxiii wtf man

Rod: For not bringing HNK :[

Rin: Goodjob on all the recording. So glad we got that ramen too :3

Coopa: Good shit with stream. We'll money match next time.

Jay: For jsut being hype.

SG: Fuck noel. Awesome seeing you.

Dusty: Fun Hazama mirror. Though we dont play Hazama :3

Huey: Fuck yea thats right. You got that shit man. Good shit. And I beat your Hazama lol. But your Valk is the best :3

Cor: Always hype talking to you. I liked how this time it was how stupid kofxiii boss was lol. Hope to see you again soon.

Everyone who went: You guys make nic possible and bring the hype. Thanks to everyone who came.

Finally shoutouts to me for helping run bb, beating everyone in kofxiii and for winning every hazama mirror mm. Overall hype nci and had fun with everyone :]