Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chun

NORCAL INSTALL! [Main Information and Ranbat Update Thread]

OK! first off i'm going to say! on the way back, me, bond, bobbeh, t-loc, and zeno_brian got stuck in the emergency parking lane near the grapevine for 7 exact hours =__= and we are still stuck in lancaster as we speak. but that's besides the point, first off i'm going to start giving shoutouts.

First Shoutous to SOCAL

Bond: seriously dude. without you, i wouldn't been able to go to NCI. you are freakin awesome and so chill at the point where it actually slightly pisses me off D:< i mean seriously! seeing you angry is going to be my highlight mah boi!

T-Loc(Cody): duuude, you are funny ass bro, and you gotta great tsubaki bro. keep it up! thanks for showing me Haruhi(the mindf*cking still hurts)

Bobby(DSmoove): lol your name is bobby forever! XD you are a moe~con just like me. thanks for showing me Deadman Wonderland.

Zeno_Brian: LOL TFS Abridged is f*ckin' hilarious! we were reciting all of the lines. you have a solid tagah bro. we all have to meet up again man.

NORCAL mah boi

Dacid: shoutouts to dacid sabotaging bonds car for 2-0'ing in both tournaments. but seriously man, thanks for letting crash your pad oh and i love how you are a top blazblue player....but don't even own the game..pro status son lol.

Donavan: :D we just met, but you are freakin' awesome. anybody can be loud so it isn't hard...but being as loud as me...unlikely! just to let you all know..i still have my voice! I'M IN THERE!

Xie: THE SMARTEST PLAYER I KNOW D: I ENVY YOU! YOU NEED TO TOTALLY HELP US PLATINUMS OUT WITH THE MATCHUPS!

Huey: Dude! i'm telling you when i hype anybody, there chances of winning increases by 10000000% XD but seriously dude, great bang man and thanks for the support.

Jessi: i forgot your gamertag or whatever, but you are pretty chill yourself. make sure you keep playing and practicing and promise me you will be on the forums a bit more n__n;

Visma: you are awesome man like i would serious consider us hanging out man!

Arcana brothers who made in grand finals: LOL did it seriously matter you guys? i mean you guys are going home to the same place xD well good shit, you guys are both great man!

Rin: aw rin, you are always cool bro. i appreciate your support too man and thank you for letting me commentary, if you would like; i would love to be BBVLOG's official commentary or Hype man :D oh dude! we didn't play!! D:

Salty guy in catherine: lol umad?

Chun: dude thanks for letting me hype up the place! i'm sorry for being too loud and potentially getting you guys in trouble Dx

Copper Dabbit: for eliminating team socal xD and you have a great Arakune AND Oro from 3S.

GammaGearJustice: great platinum dude, we gotta discuss our experiences to the platinum matchup threads! we should have played btw. :3

Shoutouts to my commentary partners XD sorry i was so loud!

and if i missed anybody i am very sorry! our situation isn't very pleasant. my voice is DEAD and i am tired as hell son!

Long Live the BlazBlue Community! i am happy to be apart of you guys ;)

It's that time!

Shout outs to me losing my keys and realizing it during my first match. Thankfully I got them back.

Shout outs to Shadowfiend's controller desyncing like 4 freakin times before we could finally play.

Shout outs to shtkn for that one epic round win against dacidbro in Catherine. It was awesome to see you again. Haven't seen you since the very early stages of cs1 arcade when Sunnyvale Golfland first got it.

Shout outs to Xie for being so hype and it was great to see you again.

Shout outs to Don for being a fake black guy.

Shout outs to Bobby being salty after losing to me in AH3 by wake up flash kick super aka (wake up 2D in BB terms).

Shout outs to Vineeth the one time I try to play you, we only play one game then you have to go. lolol

Shout outs to PAIN and DarkTalon for bodying people in AH3 and I never knew you two before.

Shout outs to Tone it was awesome seeing you again. Too bad we didn't get to play more.

Shout outs to sG for having an awesome Litchi and helping me learn more about the Litchi match up.

Shout outs to Dusty and Huey for being awesome people to talk to and helping me learn how to fight against Bang.

Shout outs to C0R for pushing my lazy ass to stop doing ez modo combos and pushing me to do real combos and showing me some new Mu tech. I feel very satisfied with you as my co-mod and I'm very proud of you.

Shout outs to Rod's room trying to fit around 13 people in the room Friday night playing casuals. hahaha

Shout outs to Stark for exposing me in GG. I'm such a fraud hahaha.

Shout outs to everyone else I talked/played with and met this NCI.

Shout outs to Chun organizing this thing.

Shout outs to Myung for hosting this at GameCenter!

Here it Goes

Shout outs to me being super nervous

Shout outs to WJM. Your Hakumen is scary lol

Shout outs to EVERYONE IN THE ARCADE CALLING ME BOBBY....guess mentioning i'm not Bobby won't help now lol

Shout outs to sG STEALING my money and helping me with the litchi vs noel match up

Shouts to all NVG people I met. Stay cool guys.

Shout outs to Huey for winning the tournament and taking my money also >_>

Shout outs to Aginor for using dive kicks all the time in AH3 and me getting mad at it. 2D to broke yo

Shout outs to Shadowfiend for making BB hype and helping relieve some of my pressure during matches.

Shout outs to Coopa for having a gdlk Tager.

Shout outs to Chun for putting this whole thing together

Shout outs to Dacidbro hosting us. Thanks a lot and that french toast was gdlk

Shout outs to everyone who helped me with my noel.

Shout outs to anyone I missed

Shout outs to our car blowing up on the way back and being stuck in it for over 7 hours T_T

BNCI was a great experience. See you all at the next big tourney. My Catherine skills will be ready >:3

Time for dem Shoutouts :3

Shouts to:

Myung/Gamecenter : You guys were an awesome venue thanks for having us.

James: You helped us run BB wonderfully and our match in the tourney was the funnes I've played in a long time.

Crosell: We ran BB like a champ man. Nobody stops us even if they have to get dqed. O and good job taking my money again :3

Qwerty: For not playing me in kofxiii wtf man

Rod: For not bringing HNK :[

Rin: Goodjob on all the recording. So glad we got that ramen too :3

Coopa: Good shit with stream. We'll money match next time.

Jay: For jsut being hype.

SG: Fuck noel. Awesome seeing you.

Dusty: Fun Hazama mirror. Though we dont play Hazama :3

Huey: Fuck yea thats right. You got that shit man. Good shit. And I beat your Hazama lol. But your Valk is the best :3

Cor: Always hype talking to you. I liked how this time it was how stupid kofxiii boss was lol. Hope to see you again soon.

Everyone who went: You guys make nic possible and bring the hype. Thanks to everyone who came.

Finally shoutouts to me for helping run bb, beating everyone in kofxiii and for winning every hazama mirror mm. Overall hype nci and had fun with everyone :]

Whiteboywilly officially best Haz of west coast. Dacid ain't got shit on you.

Ahh but wait, me and WBW didn't play a Hazama mirror. We're going to pick it up next tournament.

Shoutouts list time! (Hope to god I can remember everyone's name)

-First and foremost, Bond for being a new rival of mine.. no one knocks me out in two games and gets away with it, even if I deserved it from Revelations. I'll be back..

-T-Loc, you made a great villain in Catherine! Looking forward to the disney T-shirt line of Hitler V Mufasa. And just remember at the end of the day you just wanna keep advancing through the winners bracket, and give it 110% no matter what

-Shadowfiend, I don't think it's human to be that hype for that long. You have a gift, continue to bring it to full potential! The official socal hype machine

-2DSBobbySmooviper, You're welcome for that french toast man. Glad you enjoyed it. ^_^

-Brian, Good work blowing me up in PSP pre-tourney casuals. Unstoppable!

-Saka, Congratulations being a top Catherine competitor, bring your love for the game over-seas, okay? We're gonna make this worldwide!

-Coopa, I can't believe you beat me, but good work. I'm willing to bring out the complaint of "it happened too late in the night" to try to defend my honor. But regardless it wasn't recorded so it didn't happen #kappa

-Xie, I'm happy for you being the true Catherine hero. Aksys is proud.

-Shtkn, our match in Catherine was legendary. I rewatched it at least 3 times. I don't think I've ever seen you having a better time :]

-Bobbysiege, even though you won't see this, it was great to hang out again. Looking forward to you being a high level Catherine player.

-BeaverDeity for getting mad hype

-Blackmage for spinning that stick

-Eric for throwing them bugs

-Trix for pressing them buttons

-Solex for playin that jin (Even though I don't even think I saw you play lol)

-GG scene, good stuff supporting your game.

And finally, Chun for running a successful tournament. Although I'm really sad that you told me we were going to finally start on time, and then we were 2 and a half hours late again. I really took you serious when you said we would start at 12 and anyone late is DQ'd, and told a lot of people that, it kind of made me look stupid. Other than that, it was a fantastic tournament, and the start of something incredible with Catherine. Great work man.

I'm not gonna lie but... Dacidbro's performance in Catherine far outmatched his BB play. I'm very interested in your Catherine play.

And finally, Chun for running a successful tournament. Although I'm really sad that you told me we were going to finally start on time, and then we were THREE hours late again. I really took you serious when you said we would start at 12 and anyone late is DQ'd, and told a lot of people that, it kind of made me look stupid. Other than that, it was a fantastic tournament, and the start of something incredible with Catherine. Great work man.

:3 :3 :3 :3 :3

no amount of organizing can best norcal time
Truest statement of the year lol.

Late shoutouts since Youtube uploader is stupid as fuck and I can't upload videos so I have time to spare now-

Myung: For being freakin amazing, your arcade rocks!

Shadowfiend: You're always the best mang, I wish we could adopt you here in Norcal ;__; for all those salty players and boring matches, everything you do just injects hype into the tourney.

Xie: For being awesome like always :3 our match was really fun, it would be a lot more interesting if I had solid fundamentals. A match between you and MysticD would sounded interesting.

Crosell/Whiteboywilly: Yo you guys got me on that GDLK ramen, I could just die happy :3 Thanks for hanging around and running brackets!

OrionXElite: :3

Coopa: Dude, streaming stamina is a little different from recording stamina, and I could tell you were dying towards the end of the tournament. Thanks again for beastin for FKO and tag-teaming the media.

Raikanami: LOL JAY thanks for the camera stuff

Sahgren/hobbes: Thanks for the lift! Couldn't have done my usual without you guys :3

Chun: Holdin dat shit down, great tournament great experience

Huey: Good shit on first! You deserve it!

c0r/sG: Thanks for holding it down on the mic guys, I think PNW commentary was needed :3

Shadowfiend: You're always the best mang, I wish we could adopt you here in Norcal ;__; for all those salty players and boring matches, everything you do just injects hype into the tourney.

<3 i wish the same man...fuckin socal..all they want to do is play Dive Kick 3 the Game featuring Wolverine and friends.

Let's go.

Shoutouts to my sponsors, namely NCI Staff, GameCenter Staff and Jared Neal for allowing us to come to this event on simple goodwill.

Shoutouts to Myung alone for being so incredibly easygoing and cooperative as the venue owner, as large as the event was, with people flowing out your door, you handled it very well. I know everyone appreciates it.

Shoutouts to Coopa for, as always, being a cool guy. I felt very privileged to help on the commentary as much as I was able, and I'll always be more than pleased to do whatever I can to work with you in supporting the community. So much of what happens in California happens because you're there, helping everyone.

Shoutouts to Chun for dealing with the stress and responsibility that comes with being the event organiser. In the end, despite all the issues that arose out of your control, I believe the event was a huge success, and I am more than motivated to support you in future events via attendance and assistance.

Shoutouts to Honnou for hosting all of PNW and the rest of the WORLD. You are a god among men. And your bed is very comfortable. Sub-Shoutouts to EX Hypermode and Cliff mirrors.

Shoutouts to Xie for hanging out with us outside of the event as much as you could. Chicken and Waffles was pretty hype, and it was great to see you earn some well-deserved respect as the great BlazBlue player that you are.

Shoutouts to Rin for doing so much to support the community through the BBVlog and relevant activities. California is the most recognized Blazblue scene because of your hard work, above anything else.

Shoutouts to everyone who got a T-shirt. Thank Bohemian Polka, she does a good job at it.

Shoutouts to the random asian GvG player who wrecked deck with his drawing supplies and a piece of paper.

Shoutouts to Scott. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Stay deliciously pseudosalty.

Shoutouts to Willy overcoming SNK boss syndrome.

Shoutouts to multiple people playing my character. I'm not alone anymore.

Shoutouts to Aginor especially for being the victim of matchup experience. I hope what little I had to contribute helps.

Shoutouts to Crosell giving me some hype posters.

Shoutouts to Pain for not getting annoyed when I told him AH3 finals were in 5 minutes 20 times over the course of an hour.

Shoutouts to my bracket matches for trying to counterpick me with Tager. I HAVE EVOLVED.

Shoutouts to first times for everything.

Shoutouts to Stream Monsters for wanting sG's body.

Shoutouts to Orion for being a walking bracket, thanks for letting me know when and where my matches where.

Shoutouts to Walljumpman for exposing D with D.

Shoutouts to Donavan's stick for being handcandy. You have inspired me to create something delicious.

Shoutouts to cheap late night food.

Shoutouts to Damien for becoming Bobby.

Shoutouts to using Mu's GodCrush glitch in casuals and random people's jaws dropping.

Shoutouts to 3d Shades being hipster.

Shoutouts to eventually becoming tournament staff. Was fun guys.

Shoutouts to BasedBlob, I'll get that for you in a bit.

Shoutouts to my brother in arms Dusty for running train on the cabinets for SIX HOURS.

SHOUTOUTS TO SHADOWFIEND IN ALL CAPITALS.

Shoutouts.

Shoutouts!

Sorry if I missed anyone, event was indescribably packed and busy. Be sure to come to Northwest Majors, those who can. I will return to NCI.

Here are the results for BB.

1: huey253

2: Xie

3: 2GB Combo

4: sG

5: WallJumpMan

5: Coopa

7: CopperDabbit

7: PAIN

9: DSMoove (BOBBY!)

9: Bond

9: C0R

9: GammaGearJustice

13: Donavan

13: Dacidbro

13: Solex

13: Aginor

17: PhaethonH

17: Tushar

17: T-Loc

17: Trix

17: OrionXElite

17: shtkn

17: Crosell

17: ShadowFiendSP

25: XenoBrian

25: Visma

25: Erik

25: Whiteboywilly

25: Chun

25: Honnou

25: vanfelheight

25: Rinharasaki

33: Ciaz

33: Saka

33: Bloom

33: NightAngel

33: BerserkJustice

33: adelheidstark

33: Tofurr

33: Blk_mage

33: AWALL

33: beaverdeity

33: KBF

33: MaidenLili

33: XxDarkTalonxX

33: Sahgren

33: Tone

33: Tari

49: Fayk

49: Xeno

49: Iksue

49: JOS

49: Digital Watches

49: GearTap

49: MonkeyFlashkick

49: ChrisD

49: BobbySiege

49: Shining Aquas

49: ShelledMenace

49: gravitypenguin

49: Dusty

49: Pilby the Currymancer

Link to brackets: http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/6730/superncibb09311.gif

Tied for 33rd... Looks like I got something to beat for next time.

At Crosell and BeaverDiety: I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE! (read in Juri's voice)

Looking forward to it. Also I use to go to SSU, great school :3

*Laugh*

WallJumpMan - Thanks for knocking me out in the BB tournament as well as the Catherine tournament. :P

feels weird to have a number 1 next to my name :3

i just got home so i'll do shoutouts whenever i wake up.

Thanks guys :)

(P.S. I heard the PNW guys all bet on sG, CopperDabbit and Dsmoove12 to win the tourney, sadness hahaha)

Shoutout to myself for blowing out my back a bit, fucking up any NCI plans.

Really hate how I didn't make it. FML etc. etc. etc.

I will make it out to monthlies again. Shit just needs to stop happening right before the monthlies.

Good luck to you!

And heck yes 33rd place I'm such a boss

jk i was totally free

First things first.

Shoutouts to FINEST KO stream and staff for making it possible to share NCI with the world.

Shoutouts to Katana Dash for holding down GG brackets (or should we call them BROKEits?), and OrionxElite+Rin+Willy+everyone else who helped keep an eye on BB.

Shoutouts to people who weren't staying over at my house who decided to stay over at my house.

Shoutouts to CHICKEN 'N' WAFFLES!!! (you know what the N stands for)

Shoutouts to Chun, and to Myung for the venue, making NCI possible in the first place. The event was definitely a success in my eyes, and couldn't have been without your help.

Shoutouts to doing Alex v Hugo's IIIrd Strike intro with Coopa in real life, and to a good following match.

Shoutouts to Myung's ice cream X-factor power-up.

Shoutouts to EvilRod for taking 1st place at GG, I'll beat you one day...

Shoutouts to PNW for being really cool, glad Spark didn't come so black people could get paid.

Shoutouts to GG players, keep it up and maybe we'll even get our good matches and not our shitty ones streamed. OTL

Shoutouts to shtkn, you looked so happy during Catherine hahaha...

So, I don't see any discussion on this in this thread, but we need to talk about the allotted stream time for each game, ESPECIALLY for SUPER NCI's with larger turnouts. While the tournament was a large success overall, I feel that the stream was a big failure (for equal-ish distribution, not hype) not because of any one individual's fault or FINEST KO's, but because of an overall lack of planning for large numbers of (late) entrants. I can't say I'm without my own bias, but even a non-GG player could say it felt really apparent when GG winners finals-losers finals-grand finals took up under 10-ish minutes total, after what felt like 2 or more hours of waiting. There were some amazing quarter finals for the game that would've looked great on stream, but I feel that an exceptionally large BB turnout and making room for Catherine in addition to our already established lineup threw a lot of things off course. No hate, as I entered both of those games.

Can I get some stats on how long each game was streamed? How long does it realistically take to switch from PS2->Next-gen console stream setup and vice versa? Do we need to start even earlier? Or work faster/more efficiently? We need to take a look at our past mistakes so we can have a better overall flow of streaming and less waiting in between games. As the streamers know more than me, I don't really have much in the way of suggestions, other than we create a few different formats for stream-allotment, for when we have a normal amount/insane amount of entrants, kind of like a work schedule for big retail days. If anyone has any ideas/criticism, please share and let's make this even better for the future.

And, finally, take this generally, with a grain of salt, as this was a Super NCI and I guess it's expected to go overtime. Just thinking aloud because of how late norcal.jpg is with even an average tourney.

EDIT: Maybe we should just DQ people who don't show up, EVO style, and turn 50 man tourneys into 5 man ones

The bottom line is half the people that participate in the organization of this tournament don't expect timeliness because of what they are used to. The other half of the staff wants to start immediately. I had to take into account the guests of Super NCI for this particular event as they were the main focus.

The main attribute of the time gap loss at GameCenter was mostly due to the inflexibility of the setups for BlazBlue. To get through the sheer volume of the players and the weighted estimate of pad players/personal gear players/on-site equipment I had measures put into effect. Effectively we had 3 setups (ONE LESS of MONTHLY) to do BB because of this. The people that needed to play pad were backed up by the ones who wanted to use their own stick equipment. So we lost 2 hours which would have been run straight through if everyone kept playing on the 5 setups by previous month and volume estimates. I made the decision to make the stream setup BB because we were running into that problem. I anticipated if all 5 were machines were active we could burn through the brackets early with time to spare for GG/MB/AH then the rest of the Skullgirls/Catherine madness. At that point I would have cut the Catherine at top 8, did the main games, then finished the top 8 after the main events.

The short answer for Catherine's viability is that I have plans to manage the demand for this, and at the same time return to our main roots for this tournament. Instead of Concurrent starting times for games I am considering an adaptable model of stage-based game tournaments; in other words, running completely through or mostly through brackets of games at different stages throughout the day, at different start times. This isn't set in stone yet however as I need to bang out the details for this, the question of having Catherine as a regular game is interesting but still needs validation to be realistic.

Next NCI we will test a hard registration deadline and see what effects this will enforce, as the next NCI will be fully under our control.

At the end of the day I hope everyone had a good time.

~Chun